main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST does Ford throw some hate at Lucas in this interview

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Christopher Blair, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    here is a panel for the force awakens, and as we all know george is not best with actors, go to 3:05 and listen to what he says, is it about lucas.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I don't think so...

3. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Only in a world where praising some is an insult to others. Ford hasn't been directed by Lucas in over 30 years, he's calling on experience filming tons of movies since then.

Argalin and Pensivia like this.
  4. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
  5. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    I read an interview with Alec aka obi wan where he said he had no idea what was going on half the time in a new hope

6. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Sounds like a general statement on his part, and against no one in particular. Harrison is a classy guy.

AmySolo and Pensivia like this.
  7. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    JJ Abrams earlier in the interview "George Lucas did the impossible, he did everything right.".

Darkslayer, Thomo93 and Pensivia like this.
  8. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Oh, I think so.... Harrison has always been greatful to George for making his career, but he's also always been critical of George as a director of actors.

Thomo93, Christopher Blair and B99 like this.
  9. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Doubt it. Harrison owes so much of his career to George--American Graffiti, Star Wars, Raiders, etc. Even his part in Apocalypse Now is linked to American Zoetrope and George.

10. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    JJ wont ever say a bad word about anybody, even the two actors who made his life hell on another movie, he wont ever name

B99 and Strongbow like this.
  11. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    of course Ford is classy and is not going to say the man cant direct actors. I also think its telling that Dicaprio turned down the role of Anakin and basically only works with Martin Scorsese

12. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    Cruise and...? :p

13. Argalin

Argalin Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    I would have to agree with this. Harrison has done TONS of films since 1983.

14. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    he goes into great detail about he feels like this movie had great leadership, does anybody doubt that ford semi phoned it in on return of the jedi.
    by the way a new hope is far from perfect, bad dialogue, bad acting, and other small problems. saying that it also has two of the most classic shots in film history and that is the star destroyer coming overhead, and luke looking at the suns. Although I think Rey's introduction works far better than lukes

15. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    I mean this in the nicest way, but some of you folks need to stop seeing attacks around every corner. This entire panel is a hagiography to Star Wars and Lucas. There is NOTHING negative here.

16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe JJ is passive aggressive, he won't say anything publicly but would put the sheev in your back none the less. Hollywood is known for blacklisting and cronyism. ;)

Ford sometimes says strange stuff about SW through the years as he has like a love/hate relationship with the franchise. Even Hamill sometimes pokes fun at Lucas for his directing style as well. Alec Guiness hated making SW but enjoyed the money. Peter Cushing I read was a true gentleman an professional and enjoyed the movie and resurgent of interest in his career and he genuinely liked and appreciated his fans.

17. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    I give up. Yes everyone is out to get the master, and JJ says nice things, but means he hates you.

18. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    Im sure he enjoyed the money as they all do, but his cameo in empire strikes back works better to me than his whole role in a new hope and that is bc of direction

19. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    lol nobody is saying he hates george at all, im just saying JJ wont ever say anything bad about anybody. its not in his nature.

Im pointing out as a hardcore movie fan not just a star wars fan that a new hope is very far from perfect and has many glaring flaws and weaknesses

20. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    Of course, agreed. Sorry everyone and myself are a bit twitchy around here.

21. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    and your right nobody knows for sure, we are not in fords head, but it does seem he is sticking up for JJ. To me Lucas has been acting like a big baby ever since he sold lucasfilm. So maybe it was ford's little pop shot back at him.

22. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    no way, as far as i know - him and GL have always been good friends

23. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Nope. But Kasdan's and Abrams' comments really drive home just how deeply they understand Star Wars, and its appeal.

24. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

This.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  25. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015

Source?

26. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Not at all. The man has been in many films and is talking about what a good experience it was on this particular one.

Trying to turn a general comment into a specific dig at Lucas and his films is wrong.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.