main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Does George realise how many fans he has?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Zikri, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zikri

Zikri Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2012
    I've been thinking about this especially since it came out he'd been working on Episode VII all these years. For all the ungrateful people who **** on him consistently, I wonder if he realises that he's still to some extent a beloved cultural icon? For all the flak he takes, it seems like in certain interviews I've seen that he really took a lot of it to heart, but then I wonder if he knows how many people value his work and his presence in Star Wars in general? I hope he does, for sure.

Thuro likes this.
  2. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Perhaps?

The negative people typically are the loudest, at least when people are crucifying you (so-to-speak).

Zikri likes this.
  3. Zikri

Zikri Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2012
    Yeah, I know it's not something we can really answer for sure one way or the other, I was just thinking about it really. The negative people are definitely the loudest, so I hope he doesn't think they rule the day opinion wise!

4. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    I've thought about this myself.

I definitely think the constant bashing affected him - I don't think it did much at first, but based on his comments when he announced his retirement ("Why would I make any more, when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?") it's clear he's been feeling less love.

The problem is that haters of something are always more vocal, and possibly even a bigger factor, they get all the attention, because controversy is more interesting to the masses. I almost guarantee he doesn't spend his time on fan forums so he probably feels like bashers are the majority.simply because of how much mainstream attention they've gotten.

It makes me sad - I've considered writing a letter or something to him, but I doubt he'd even get to read it.

Zikri, BultarSwan and jahyeshua like this.
  5. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I'll bet Social Media had a hand to play here. It gives everyone a voice.

Zikri likes this.
  6. Zikri

Zikri Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2012
    Yeah, it makes me sad too. When he made those comments it hit me. Especially because, the guy is damn important to human culture, and it's a shame to see him feel like everybody hates him. Particularly because we really don't. Writing a letter to him would be cool, but yeah I'm not sure if he'd even get to read it at all.

smoothkaz likes this.
  7. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    For me, he made the whole thing so who am I to judge him if he wants to change HIS OWN VISION. I may complain about certain things but I'll love SW always. Thanks George.

Zikri likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.