main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Does Han know he'll be killed if he confronts his son?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MotherNature's SilverSeed, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Best. Troll. Ever.

[​IMG]

Darth__Lobot likes this.
  2. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Actually, the official info seems to present a picture of Han as a good father and husband before Ben turned. The Visual Dictionary says: "After the Galactic Civil War, Han Solo's life took unexpected turns as he became husband to an influential New Republic politician, a family man, and--for a time--a successful racing pilot." The section about Chewie also said that he went back to Kashyyyk after the Battle of Jakku because Han was settled into a family life and they didn't go on adventures any more. Doesn't sound like the picture of an absentee father gallivanting around the galaxy during his son's childhood. Leia also didn't seem bitter or angry at all towards Han when they reunited, which she definitely would have been if he had been a bad husband and father. She just seemed sad that their family had fallen apart. It sounds like their marriage was fine until the whole Ben going dark thing since when they discuss why they separated, it's 100% over Ben going dark, nothing about Han not being a good husband or father.

We know Snoke was manipulating Ben from a young age from the novelization. I could see a scenario where Snoke starts manipulating Ben into thinking Han is weak and trying to stop Ben from reaching his full Force potential. I saw Ben's disdain of his father as likely looking down on him for not being Force sensitive, the same way Voldermort hated being a "half-blood" and disdained his Muggle father in Harry Potter. Maybe Ben thought he would be even more powerful if his father had been a Force user too. It's possible that drove a wedge between Ben and Han that never really healed, but there was nothing Han could have really done with Snoke whispering in Ben's ear since he was a child.

Lor San Tekka tells Ben he came from the Light, which seems to imply that Ben came from a good family and had a good childhood. I think that's why Ben still struggles with the Light - because of who his parents and uncle are.

3. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    Good way to get your tires slashed.[face_shame_on_you]

I do think it was kind of a desperation move by Han. He had to know there was a decent chance Kylo would attack him. I don't think he went out there "knowing" he'd die, but I think after Leia's words and not knowing where Luke was, he probably figured this was his last chance to reach Ben, so he took the risk.

Darth__Lobot, Sarge and Import_Jedi like this.
  4. thescavenger

thescavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016

I somehow think that this might be the case in one of the future movies. So whatever is the consequences of killing his father might have changed his character either for the better or for the worse. I mean he was definitely conflicted when he killed his father and might have shown signs of regret. If that have turned him completely to the dark side, he would definitely do it. On the other hand, if he is still struggling with the light as a consequence, he probably wouldn't do it the second time. It's just how the writers are going to build on Kylo's character post-patricide.

5. zero_point_zero

zero_point_zero Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    That's ****** up.

6. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013

I can't imagine such a person having friends that are not also *******s...

Import_Jedi likes this.
  7. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    DP. Apologies.

[​IMG]

8. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    I'd consider murder. Or at least a very extreme form of road rage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.