main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Hasbro Vintage 2010 Figures FOIL = RARE?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DarthKuuush, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKuuush

DarthKuuush Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2009
    ARE the Foil cases in the new Vintage Collection more rare than the non-foil?
    I would guess yes, but i haven't seen anything say otherwise.
    If so i think its great i got the non-foil at target and switched them when they DID get the foil :]

2. MandalorianDuchess

MandalorianDuchess Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2010
    I think they're a bit rare, but not super rare. Last time I checked, they weren't even fetching much on the secondary market.

3. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Thanks Duchess, I was wondering about that as well.

Instead of opening a new thread, does anyone know whether or not there's anything special about those with the Free Boba sticker where it's spelt Bobba? I think it's just on the Canadian bilingual stickers mind.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Some people collect 'error packaging'. I'd take a look on Ebay for 'Bobba' and see if there are any and what the bids are (especially if Canada has its own Ebay site like the UK does). When the 300th Boba Fett figure came out there was a packaging error and the error ones were going for more on Ebay. I managed to snag a few from a local toy shop's website at the same price as the figure with 'correct' packaging.

5. Jack_the_Fett

Jack_the_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2008
    I happen to own the boba fett 300th figure and working on getting 1st edition luke but what is packageing error on the boba fett 300th?

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It has to do with one of the sides of the packaging. The .0100 is the error, the .0200 is the fix. You can see a pic here on Rebelscum. I've got a few of both.

7. Jack_the_Fett

Aug 14, 2008
    ok so i have a .200 whats more rare?

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The .0100 would be the more valuable of the two since it was the error.

9. Jack_the_Fett

Aug 14, 2008
    kk thanks

10. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    alright...quick question and I'm sure it might be a little elementary...but does anyone have pics of the difference between foil and non foil carded vintage 2010 figures? Do all the figures come in foil cards or just certain select figs? I appreciate anyone that can help me be a little more informed next time I'm hunting through the figs at target. ;)

11. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Firstly these ?FOIL? cards are not as rare as some would believe. Generally these are not as common as the typical figures (if you were to count how many of each unit were distributed), however at the same time they aren?t exactly ?rare? either. In truth I don?t think anyone would/should pay any more money for these figures... they are easy to acquire at retail (at least when first released) and there is no significant difference other than the packaging.

Essentially the only difference is that the ?picture/logo border? is done is shiny foil; the rest of the figure and packaging is identical to the standard figures. These ?Galactic Hunt? (as Hasbro calls them) were essentially a select 12 of the first two waves (ESB and ROTS)... don?t have list on me however if you check the Rebelscum Photo Archives they?ll have a list...

12. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    The foil cards are:
    VC03: Han (echo base)
    VC04: Luke (Bespin Fatugies)
    VC08: Darth Vader
    VC09: Boba Fett
    VC12: Darth Sidious
    VC13: Anakin Skywalker
    VC14: Sandtrooper
    VC15: Clone Trooper