Does Indiana Jones have an established canon?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by DBZGTKOSDH, Aug 10, 2014.

1. DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master

star 1
    Star Wars has it, what about Indiana Jones? The 4 movies would be canon of course, but what about the TV Series, the books, the video games, etc?
  2. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
    the same i think. the films and young indy show are canon. everything else is less so.
  3. Kenneth Morgan Chosen One

star 4
    The Old Indy intros/outros that were originally shown on "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" have been pretty much ruled non-canon. They were deleted from the DVD release of the series and aren't mentioned in any of the more recent books about the character.

At least, last I knew, they're still viewable on YouTube. I liked those segments.
  4. Kenneth Morgan Chosen One

star 4
    Oh, and the Marvel comics aren't canon, so far as I know. I'm not too sure about the novels.
  5. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 4
    The movies and TV show (in their DVD format) are definite canon.

As for the rest, I personally consider the 13 adult novels to be canon as they fit will within the TV and Movie timeline and from memory don't step on any toes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_(franchise)#List_of_novels

Young Indy -> Original 12 Novels -> Temple of Doom -> Raiders -> Last Crusade -> Army of the Dead Novel -> Crystal Skull
    Covers 1899 to 1957
  6. Quinnocent-Till-Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    It did. Leland Chee called it the Expanded Adventures but I don't think I've seen anyone else use the term.

Since the Star Wars canon got reset with the Disney purchase, Indy may have gone the same way.
  7. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    So is there a Cup Of The Vampire or not?
  8. Quinnocent-Till-Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    [IMG]

;)
  9. sbk1234 Jedi Knight

star 1
    It wasn't the first time the supernatural occurred in the Indy universe.
  10. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    I would assume that the television show along with the films are canon. I don't know about the rest.
  11. Darth Zannah Jedi Master

star 1
    In my opinion, Books are never canon...I don't care what anyone says...How can the old EU be canon when Lucas never read a single book? Also the EU had so many continuity issues...the new Disney canon already has continuity issues and it is inevitable when you have hundreds of different authors issuing their take on single universe...it's impossible not to have issues....whatever is a motion picture is canon...movies/Tv shows....
    Last edited by Darth Zannah, Dec 9, 2014