main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Does Kanan Have to Die For Luke's Destiny?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

An untrained girl who thought the Force was myth before that day could probably wreck Kylo Ren oh wait ...............

TheOneX_Eleazar and MandoArtist like this.
  2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I would certainly prefer that he, Ezra, and Ahsoka not survive the series, as I feel they create a disconnect with the movies, in that time and again they treat Obi-wan and Yoda as the last surviving Jedi, and through them Luke as the Last of the Jedi. To me it feels less dramatic if I know there are all these Jedi hanging out just slightly off screen. But I realize that is just my preference and I respect that others disagree.

3. Dareth

Dareth Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2015

Why though? It seems to me that Kanan and Ezra even together are not strong enough to kill/defeat Vader. So what Yoda says is true, from a certain point of view. Also maybe Luke is/was the only one (other than Leia maybe hence Yoda saying there is another) because of the emotional connection/being his son. I think people read WAYYYYY to much into what Yoda said. Sometimes you have to lie to motivate someone, or hide things from them. I will say that Benicio del toro reminds me of a much older Ezra. And please don't tell me they said that none of these rebel characters will be in the new Star wars movies, because if they want a big reveal or surprise do you really think they would share that now or not try to lie about it?

Anyhow just my 2 cents, Great time to be a SW fan!

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They only fought Vader once and at a very early stage in both their development - that said they were both strong enough together to Force push Vader onto the floor to coincide with a falling AT-DP - Vader caught the AT-DP with the Force right before it fell onto him where it certainly would've caused him damage or a death that coupled with the fact that Vader is more machine than man and is wearing like 200lbs of body armor.

fett 4 and mjhealy1978 like this.
  5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    And even THAT didn't do anything to him ultimately. And as soon as they saw it, they boogied on outta there as quickly as possible. Heck there was even the exchange:

Ezra: "If that didn't kill, then what will?'
    Kanan: "Not us."

Which is almost meta. in a way. And given that Obi Wan and Yoda have no problem being "selective" with the truth when it comes to Luke, I wouldn't put it past them to do it again to give Luke a little extra "push."

jabberwalkie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.