Does Lucasfilm Need New Leadership?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Rickleo123, Jun 21, 2017.

1. QuiWanKenJin Jedi Master

star 4
    Whether we like it or not, Abrams we will be given one more chance to redeem himself in the eyes of Star Wars fans. By the end of Episode IX he will either be praised as the savior of the Star Wars universe, or doomed as the destroyer of the Star Wars universe, for all time.:emperor:

anakinfan edit: It was never OK to use the other term in the context of Lucas and childhoods and it’s not OK here either.
    Last edited by QuiWanKenJin, Oct 19, 2017
  2. DrDre Jedi Master

star 4
    How so? Aside from a minority of disgruntled fans TFA was well recieved by fans, the general audience and critics alike. You seem to be projecting your own personal opinions on the entire fanbase, resulting in a pretty biased conclusion.
  3. AndyLGR Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't understand what Abrams has to be redeemed for? Sure there will always be dissenters for any movie, but he's made a SW film that seems to be mainly praised rather than derided in the media. It seems to have been well received on the surface and hes brought it in as the second highest grossing film of all time as well.
    DrDre and Martoto77 like this.
  4. Martoto77 Jedi Master

star 4
    The trailer for TLJ is pretty much an endorsement of the previous movie. It tells us the movie will exhaustively address all the questions thrown up by TFA. It would have appeared that they were starting completely anew with this group of characters if anybody involved so far thought there was things to atone for or sweep under the carpet about the first movie in this trilogy.
    DrDre and Jacques who like this.
  5. moreorless12 Jedi Master

star 4
    Honestly though I suspect that Abrams involvement was probably mandated from on high by Disney as a way of safely managing the investment, basically "come over and do your Trek formula for us" as a fool proof way of avoiding any failure.

Besides that I think we need to wait a bit longer, I mean there was a ton of fuss around reshoots for Rogue One but when it came down to it I think a lot of people agree that the end result was highly successful and showed a good deal of ambition not just throwing in action/comedy for the sake of it.
    Last edited by moreorless12, Nov 12, 2017
  6. Martoto77 Jedi Master

star 4
    What's the JJ Trek formula?

As for fool proof ways of avoiding failure. Episode VII was never going to be a financial failure. So if they were avoiding failure by hiring JJ then it had to have been critical failure. And avoiding giving the rest of the saga nowhere to go to or from.
  7. Rickleo123 Jedi Knight

star 3

Safe, nostalgia driven and fast paced action storytelling riddled with plot holes and internal character logic issues.
    Subtext Mining likes this.
  8. TheMoldyCrow Jedi Knight

star 3
    TFA was riddled with plot holes? Are we really doing this?
    Martoto77 likes this.
  9. Rickleo123 Jedi Knight

star 3

Yes it was like all of JJ's films, which is why I responded with that. Look at Into Darkness or his MI films. But no I'm not going into it.... theres the TFA forum for that ;)
  10. TheMoldyCrow Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay, except there aren't plot holes in TFA. No major ones that I can think of, at the very least.
    Krueger likes this.
  11. Krueger Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah. It’s actually a very simple and light film in the story department. I seriously cannot think of even one plot hole.