main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Lucas's 30 year timeline between TPM-EP3-ANH really make sense?!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by JediMasterDylan, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterDylan

JediMasterDylan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 8, 2003
    Close if redundant or move to another board if necessary.

I know this has been discussed to death and I'm sorry but it really bugs me. OK, if TPM is supposed to be 30 years before ANH, AoTC is 10 years later and Anakin is 19, Owen and Beru barely look above 25 then how do you account for how old everyone looks in the OT? It's really kind of rediculous.

I mean in RoTJ Anakin not only looks but sounds old enough to be in his 60s and by the timeline we have now he should only be in his late 40s. I suppose you could say it's the dark side working onhis body like Palp but it still seems a bit much. And Owen and Beru look just plain terrible. The only character from the PT and OT that looks like they aged correctly was Obi Wan.

IMHO, 40 years would have made more sense for TPM's starting point.

EDIT: If you want to continue this discussion, I'd suggest visiting our "SW Community" forum :)

2. Lightsaber_Style8675

Lightsaber_Style8675 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2003
    Does it really matter? Star Wars is Star Wars, and if you're here you like it anyways.

3. JediMasterDylan

JediMasterDylan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 8, 2003
    Not griping about SW just stating it's a weird timeline based on how they age.

4. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    32 years.

TPM - 0

AOTC - 10

EP3 - 13

ANH - 32

TESB - 35

ROTJ - 36

I think Owen and Beru look just fine. And Anakin...I think there's more aging him than just time.

5. Salacious_B_Crumb

Salacious_B_Crumb Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    For some reason, I used to think that there was ten years between each episode. But that was quite a while back that I thought that.

SBC

6. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I think it is too short, but something you just have to kind of overlook.

7. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    This should be in the "saga" forum. :)

8. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Owen and Beru would look more aged due to spending their lives on a desert planet. By the timeline, they're in their 40s. According to IMDB, Phil Brown (Owen) was 61 in 1977, and Shelagh Fraser (Beru) was 55. Don't know if wind and sand can add 10 or so years to your look, but it seems logical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.