main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Mace Know?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MASTER_DOODOO, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005
    That he shouldn't kill Palpatine? Is there conflict within Mace regarding his knowing of the prophecy and what will happen if instead of taking a big unnecessary swing at palpatine, he just sticks the end of his saber in his chest? What would have happened right there? Would Anakin have turned anyway in his anger and finished off Mace for killing the one route to saving Padme? That's always been a real interesting scene for me, because it seems as if Mace is undecided as he rears back and takes his swing. I think a lot of options are going through his head, but the only one he comes up with is that Palpatine must die NOW. So why doesn't he just thrust his blade forward and stir it around in Palpatine's chest a few times? Perhaps he knows that if he does that, there will not be balance in the force.

Rebel: Please see the Official Mace v. Sidious thread.

2. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Mace never was too trusting of the prophecy... or if anakin was the so called 'chosen one'

3. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I always thought Mace's swing was the way Jedi executed the enemey, like the Sith, for instance, and besides, it's for dramatic effect. What would you have?

Anakin: I need him!
    Mace sticks the saber into Palpy's stomoach and does a figure "8" in it)
    Anakin: Nooooo! (Ignites saber and all heck breaks loose)

or

Anakin: I need him!
    (Mace does his dramatic swing)
    Anakin: Noooo!
    (The rest, we know what happens)

4. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005
    You have to admit, the figure 8 would have been tight. And how about this: the Palps that Mace stabs is only a CLONE of Palpatine that the real Palpatine had trained in the dark side. After Anakin slashes Mace and force shoves him out the window, he kneels down crying at the Palps clone's feet. And out of the background you see a cloaked figure getting closer and closer until the hood is peeled off and it's the real Palpatine! "Anakin, you are now to become Darth Vader." "Yes, my master."

5. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    ^^ Oh dear...;)

I believed it was his inner conflict of betraying the Jedi Code. By killing Palpatine, he would be going against the Code, and against the Republic, even if Palpatine was a Sith Lord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.