main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Obi-Wan severely damage Grievous?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth_Turkey, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    Hello all, sorry if this has been mentioned before, but i was watching the movie the other day, and i realised that after Obi-wan force-thrusts Grevious up in the air and into the wall just prior to the chase, Grevious does'nt speak again. Infact, when he lands on the floor and does his crab run to his wheel bike (you know what i mean) he is breathing very heavy, almost like Vader does after Luke has beaten him.

From then on Grevios mutters incomprehendable noises and gibberish when slapping Obi-wan about, just before his death. No words, no more "You lose Kenobie" or anything like that.Even when it looks like Obi-wan has lost. Seems strange for the villan that had been so vocal up till then when taunting his attackers.

Just wondered if anyone else had realised this, and whether there is any significance? Was there a scene cut from here that better explains it?

Thank you. :0)

2. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    In the pre-production annotated novella,
    Grevious recites the famous "out, out brief candle"
    soliloquy from Shakespeare's MacBeth,
    but it was edited out for time reasons.

I think it's in character for Grevious to talk sewage
    when he believes he has the upper hand and will win, but
    when things are on the level, or he may not win,
    he behaves like a scalded dog.

Not to mention that it's in mode with his mechanical,
    impersonal drive to kill Jedi.

I think most of the severe damage comes from the laser blasting
    and the burning of the scarce living tissue.
    But I'm not a medical type of person...

3. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    It could be that he's just really pissed off. He's in a "I'm through talking, now I'm gonna finish you once and for all" mood. :D

4. Darth_Sideous

Darth_Sideous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Infact, when he lands on the floor and does his crab run to his wheel bike (you know what i mean) he is breathing very heavy, almost like Vader does after Luke has beaten him.

He always breathes like that.

If you look at all the details, Obi Wan doesn't talk, either. But that doesn't mean anything is wrong with him.

For that matter, up until the very end, Obi Wan and Vader don't talk during any of their fight, either. We can't make assumptions about why they don't.

5. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    Exactly!

6. Okie_Wanna_Smokie

Okie_Wanna_Smokie Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 9, 2004
    He kills him for the love of Pete. Is that severe enough for ya?

7. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    Yes, but as i mentioned above, up until that point Grevious has been very vocal durin his attacks, taunting or mocking the Jedi. Then when they fight on the cliff edge he goes into some kind of growling and un-understandable noise making that was'nt consistant of the charicter. Just wondered if his voice box had been completly crushed. Anything in the book about this? Apparently the reason for his cough was Mace force crushing his throat. Maybe Obi-wan somply added to that damage after his mighty force throw.

8. legion_of_me

legion_of_me Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2005
    Grevious was injured by Mace Windu's force hold prior to fighting with Kenobi. He had his chest crushed and my understand of it is that he was still weak from that.

9. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    The impression I got from Grievous after Obi-Wan's Force throw was "uuuuh, I think I hear the wife calling, I'd better run."

Since the platform fight has no spectators, maybe Grievous just taunts for the benefit of anyone watching the fight. If he likes entertaining battle droids, well, that's his problem.

10. camifladge2

camifladge2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2005
    Mace damages grevious severly when he uses the force on him in clone wars vol:2(witch came out yesterday).

11. DARTH_MARK-22

DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2003
    Does Obi-Wan severely damage Grievous?

No, I'm pretty sure he kills him.

12. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I prefer to think that he is speaking in his native, alien tongue at this point.
    Like someone of Italian descent (for example) getting mad and essentially
    fore-going all english, to rant in thier native language. That's my take.
    BTW, I love that eeeeitahh, he let's out while bitch slappin' Kenobi!

13. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Yeah, Turkey, I'd say so....he's dead.

14. Headphonekenobi

Headphonekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Because of his droid armor-like shell I'd say it probably did not hurt him all that much. It most likely made him realize how powerful Obiwan was though.

That was such a massive force push, given the assumed weight GG must have it was probably the largest force push seen in the entire saga. On a side note I always wondered why Obi never tried anything like that with Dooku.

15. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    That was such a massive force push, given the assumed weight GG must have it was probably the largest force push seen in the entire saga. On a side note I always wondered why Obi never tried anything like that with Dooku.

Yeah, it probably was the largest force push in the saga. Obi-Wan finally learned his lesson FROM Dooku.

16. MasterVodo

MasterVodo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Personally, I thought it was a more dramatic and exciting fight without the dialog, which may be why it's how it is. Talking would have slowed down a very fast paced scene. Although I do like the native language theory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.