main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Padme have Force Power?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DeadJediSociety, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadJediSociety

DeadJediSociety Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2003
    I had a thought today about Padme that maybe her midichlorian count is high and has some Force abilities. Before you totally dismiss this, here are a few examples:

1) Padme "loses her will to live". This has been a controversial point, but maybe this was to show that she could control the force (just as life can be created by the force, maybe it can be taken away).

2) Anakin and Padme seem to make a psychic connection just prior (at least I think it was prior) to the Jedi massacre.

3) Padme seems fairly skilled during the battle of Genosis.

4) She knows there is good in Anakin.

5) Luke's ability to avoid turning to the dark side may be influenced by Padme's inclination to be on the good side.

This may seem crazy, but it could explain why Lucas made the odd choice for her death,

DJS

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    She is strong willed, highly principled, highly intelligent, has great courage, and a need to do what is right. She isn't a Jedi, she has no ablity to manipulate the Force. Simply put, she is just a strong leader, much like Han Solo.

-Seldon

3. Sanjiro

Sanjiro Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    I think Luke and Leia being inside of her in ROTS made her stronger in the force. and that's why her and Anakin were able to have the Force Connection.

speaking of which. I think it's awesome in all the movies the only people we see having these connections in the Force are the Skywalkers. for all we know they are the only people that can actually do that. Obi-Wan and Yoda. any of the other jedi. they don't do this stuff.

Luke and Leia in ESB. and also Vader and Luke in ESB. and then Anakin and Padme in ROTS. Those crazy skywalker kids.

4. DeadJediSociety

DeadJediSociety Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2003
    Sanjiro - I like the thought of Luke/Leia providing her The Force. I guess it is possbile that some of Force powers were transferred to her and that also helped give her the ability to will herself to die.

Clearly something was up with the death situation. It would be nice to know it was something more than a broken heart.

DJS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.