KC, MO Does SW live in KC

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedipadawan72, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedipadawan72 Jedi Padawan

Hi everyone! I'm Ian and I just relocated to KC in May from Maryland (Maryland FanForce Member!!!! YAY!)
    I've been here for almost three months and I am having a hard time finding any SW related activities around.

I tried posting in the Introduction thread, but it seems to be locked.....so here it goes:

Screen Name: Jedipadawan72
    REal First Name: Ian
    Favorite SW Character: Leia Organa / Palpatine
    Fav. SW Movie: A New Hope
    FAvorite Author: Orson Scott Card (Why does he not write a SW novel??????)
    Moment I became a fan: 5/26/77 at a drive in theatre in Latrobe,PA
    FAv. Snack Food: Nacho's
    FAv. Non-SE Movie: Gone with the Wind
    Costumes Owned: Obi-Wan (from TPM)
    Other interests: DVD collecting
    Other fan Groups belonged to: Maryland Fan Force
    FAvorite place to visit: SW Celebrations / Dollywood
    FAvorite music: Alternative / Techno

Well, that about says it all. IS there a fanforce meeting in the KC area. Post back or feel free to IM. I am itching to get into a good game of SW Trivia Pursuit.
  2. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    There are a few of us.... most don't post very often, and from what I've seen the few that post in here are very selective posters on tfn.... anyhow if you should like to talk feel free to pm me.... My husband and I live in Blue Springs, I grew up in South KC, just north of the grandview triangle. And my deepest appologies for you having to move here while the whole state seems to be under construction.

PS: my profile is more of a character profile... about the only correct thing in it is the fact that I'm female ;)
  3. Jedipadawan72 Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the reply and the info! Very much appreciated!
  4. clonedmenace Jedi Knight

star 2
    I post in here often enough, when there's something to reply to... I don't post on any of the other boards (if that's what you mean by selective postings), I think when I first signed up I posted in lit some, but not recently... yeah. lol that's all i know
  5. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Yup, that is what I mean by selective posting... while I on the other hand have had a varity of other boards in the mix... mainly EU, RP, and JC
  6. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    I post when I have someone to add and I post in several other forums except the JC because I think it is pointless and I feel that the non FanForce people seem to be rude. Especially to those of us who have colors.

Anyway...Welcome to the KC forum. If there is anything you would to see happen with The Heart of the Alliance FF let me know.

EDIT: Ian I just saw the last part of your post regarding Trivial pursuit. My wife and I would probably be more than willing to play. We would probably want to play with modified rules though cause otherwise it's not chalenging ;)
  7. clonedmenace Jedi Knight

star 2
    i've never played it... sad, huh. lol
  8. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Well as for JC posting I stick to the Outcast, for some reason our community thread isn't in the EU even tough it's a social thread based for the RP players. And Knight wont stand for the rudeness, he has his colors... Norfolk FF. Anyhow they're a cool bunch, but I do get what you mean by some of them being rude.
  9. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I post all over the JC. I should post here more often [face_blush]

-sj loves kevin spacey
  10. Jedipadawan72 Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the feedback gang! It is much appreciated.
    I do have 2 questions though...........

1) Where does one go in KC to find the best selection ofnew release Hasbro action figures? I've been here 3 months, and my friends back east are kicking my butt! I finally found original trilogy collection #18,19,& 20. Still missing 1-17. Any suggestions?

2) Are there any comic book stores (and the like) that sell vintage figures from the 80's? I've got 5 more to go and I dont want to have to rely on C3 and it's outragous prices to complete my collection. I was in one in Westport the other day, but it was in such dis-array, that I couldnt find anything.

Thanks again!
  11. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Unfortunately I'm not big in collecting anymore so I can't really answer those questions. For that kind of information I suggest going to http://www.coreplanets.com/ . They are a Kansas and Missouri Star Wars collecting group. They have several sections listing where to find all the current products based on which city you live in.

However, I will tell you that I can't stand that website. I think they can be a little rude, vulgar and obnoxious. But they will have the information you are looking for. They would be part of FanForce but they decided a long time ago that they did not want to abide by the PG-13 standard that this board has set forth. One of our own members, LordStimpy, use to be (or still is I'm not sure) a mod there.
  12. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Jedipadawan, you're starting to make me remember how sad KC is in many ways :(

-sj loves kevin spacey
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.