PT Does the Disney transaction have anything to do with the lack of TPM 3D blu-ray release?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Dec 23, 2012.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Luukeskywalker Chosen One

star 4
    Just a thought, and I don't know all of the ins and outs of the legalities of the Disney transaction. I also know that FOX retains the rights to 5 of the 6 movies until 2020 and they get to keep the rights to ANH for eternity if they wish. So this lack of TPM on 3D blu-ray may have nothing to do with the Disney thing. But is there maybe some behind the scenes things going on where Disney is negotiating with FOX to get the rights to all 6 films as part of a buyout alot sooner, thus holding back this release? I don't know any inside info, but just speculating. Anyone else have any insight or thoughts?
  2. CaptainRegor Jedi Master

star 2
    Well maybe they want to release a 3D set? After all they didn't release the blu-ray singular just in sets, but I am surprised that we haven't heard anything about a 3D Blu-Ray, I don't think Disney has anything to do with it though.
  3. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    LFL might feel that 3D hasn't achieved sufficient home penetration to really warrant a release, especially following the Blu-Ray release so soon.
Moderators: Bazinga'd