main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does the Duel prove that Obi-Wan is better dueler than Anakin?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by HagentheSith, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin-Sky-Walker

Anakin-Sky-Walker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2005
    This is a kind of strange argument. But to cut to it I think that guy was right. Obi-Wan is better. The reason for this is not only did he beat Anakin who beat Dooku but he also beat his anger and rage which makes people better fighters. Thats the whole "Dark Side" thing. It makes Luke powerful v Vader in RotJ. And to say Anakin was angry... Obi Wan begins the fight and he is very angry at Anakin for going over to the Dark Side and Attacking Padme.

2. BadassYoda

BadassYoda Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2004
    Obi-Wan is a great swordman.Let's put his experience a part,we're talking about how a knight can rotate his sword and stuff like that.
    He fought Maul-with a little taste of the DS-jumping in air,spinning and kicking his butt at innatural speed;he also broken his double-bladed saber in two pieces,pushing Maul to think "d'oh" for what he was seeing.So,no doubt about his skills.

against Dooku was no match.How could a young 30 years old jedi master win against a 60 years old sith lord?He simply couldn't.

against Anakin.We will see some great skills unraged here.Put apart wiseness etc...Obi will show some badass techniques,that's for sure.I think it'll be the biggest,most masculine and brutal duel in the sw saga.

3. Darth_Snowball

Darth_Snowball Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 21, 2004

Sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut.

[image=http://7art-screensavers.com/screenshots/wild-animals/squirrel.jpg]

(Yes, during the Colts/Patriots game I took the time to Google "squirrel".)

[Face_Lame]

4. Red-2

Red-2 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    looka a da squirrel...

5. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    anakin was more machine than man after the duel so id say obi-wan won the duel,in real life battles whoever wins the duel is a better fighter evan if the otherside has potential.

can the squirl dance or water ski?

6. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Nah Obi Wan is going to get a lucky shot in, I tell you what, lol.

7. Anakin-Sky-Walker

Anakin-Sky-Walker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2005
    Against ol' Dooku I must put in something. Dooku was watching from the top of the Arena eatin pop corn. Obi Wan took on the worst of the 3 monsters the Acklay. He ran around the Arena killing 25 droids. He hung in a weird energy cage about 10 hours I think( I bet he didnt get fed). Now could it be the poor fella is a lil tired? So I think in ep II Obi Wan was a lil to tired to effectively take on Dooku. Anyhow his sword was for fencing while Obi wan's was for blocking blasters. Dooku held to the old ways, since SITH where extinct most Jedi thought sword v sword skills where not necessary. Dooku didnt!

8. Master_Jake_15

Master_Jake_15 Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2005
    naw Anakin did beat Douko who wipped up on Obi.

9. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    it won't be luck that decides the outcome of this battle. "in my experience...". obi wan would not have said this in anh if luck was the deciding factor. i guess you could argue that what other people call luck, obi wan calls the force. in that case obi wan is the best because he's got the force on his side...

10. Doofy

Doofy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2003
    Watch "Birth of the Lightsaber" in you OT DVD Extras (if you have it) and Lucas stats that Anakin is more powerful, while Obi-Wan has more experience.

You get it straight from the horses mouth there...
    But as far as WHY obi-wan wins, you have to consider how Anakin is feeling during the duel.
    He is only just joined the dark side. He feels its enourmous power and anger and emotion etc etc etc. He's conflicted because he's just beat up on his wife.
    Obi-Wan will probably get a butt whipping but he is more patient which comes from experience. This wins out in the long run.

11. Megalith

Megalith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2005
    It depends on who's able to pull off the fancies.

At this point, it's Obi-Wan. His lightsaber spin during the arena owns all.

12. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    That quote in his reply is from stunt coordinator, Nick Gillard.
    Anakin is probably better, but Obi-Wan manages to win this fight, somehow. Case closed.

Here's a way to look at it.

Ever watch sports? Does the best team always win?

13. Miaka_Yuki

Miaka_Yuki Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    I told you, Its like Formula 1. Does it mean that if someone won one race he is better than the other racers?

When we go on another race the other racer had won, who's better now?

One champion had 7x World championship on his belt but theres no match competition does it mean he's the best of all time? The other one has only 4x or 3x but considered equal w/ the Champion who got 7x, why was that you'll ask.

Its like Heikki Kovalainen, a Formula Nissan champion (geez his just on lower formulae) won over Schumacher who's a 7x F1 WDC in "THE RACE OF CHAMPIONS". Does it mean his the best Champion of all the Champions who have competed on the race? Gosh! They're from IRL to F1 to Rally to NASCAR! They all have been beaten by a junior? geez, get real!!

14. Miaka_Yuki

Jan 3, 2005
    I told you, Its like Formula 1. Does it mean that if someone won one race he is better than the other racers?

When we go on another race the other racer had won, who's better now?

One champion had 7x World championship on his belt but theres no match competition does it mean he's the best of all time? The other one has only 4x or 3x but considered equal w/ the Champion who got 7x, why was that you'll ask.

Its like Heikki Kovalainen, a Formula Nissan champion (geez his just on lower formulae) won over Schumacher who's a 7x F1 WDC in "THE RACE OF CHAMPIONS". Does it mean his the best Champion of all the Champions who have competed on the race? Gosh! They're from IRL to F1 to Rally to NASCAR! They all have been beaten by a junior? geez, get real!!

15. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    guys just leave it as what Lucus said.

Anakin is more powerful and probably better but OBi-wan has the control and experience.

Finite

16. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    No, I demand we continue to beat this dead horse so deeply into the ground it causes a chain reaction in the planet's core which triggers armaggedon.

Yes, Anakin is better than Obi Wan, so nya. [face_mischief]

17. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    didn't i say that before.

Anakin is better with a lightsber and more advanced but in the end obi wan wins cause of experience and consentration (something ani lacks.

18. flenchgrain

flenchgrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Anakin=Colts
    Obi-Wan=Patriots

19. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    GL said Anakin is more powerful, could we just get along?

As for the duel, OB will be better AT THAT MOMENT.

Muhammed Ali is the best boxer ever, but he did lose some fights.

20. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    If George Lucas said Anakin is more powerful and Obi-Wan has more experience, then Obi-Wan is better.

Experience outweighs strength.

Just because you're strong, doesn't mean you know how to use that strength properly.

Obi-Wan is more experienced with an edge over Anakin... he's in control and practically destroys Anakin. Obi-Wan is better.

Even Darth Vader in the novel refers to Obi-Wan as the greatest Jedi who ever lived.

Obi-Wan shuts down that whiney, puny little wife-killer and makes him cry. And when Ben vanishes in ANH he is even more powerful than Vader can possibly imagine.

Obi-Wan is always better than Anakin.

21. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    your correct ewok! if you can find a way to use your opponent's weakness to work in favour of you, then your by definition the best dueller.

as much as i hated greece winning the european championship, i have to admit that they were the best team because they knew how win over and over again. luck had nothing to do with it.

22. streaky

streaky Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Obiwan just gets the job done...

In all of his fights he only one he really loses is to Doku... but obiwan was not a jedi master yet, just a jedi knight.

I really feel all things being equal that obi-wan was on pace to surpass Mace Windu in fighting skill...

not neccesarly force skill as we never see Obiwan doing any cool force powers.. but as a fighter, Obiwan rocks !!

//--------------------------------------//

23. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    This is sort of like a sport playoff, jedi style in the PT

Anakin Vs Dooku-----winnner Anakin
    Anakin Vs Windu-----Winner Anakin

Obi-wan Vs Maul------winner Obi
    Obi-wan Vs Grevious-----winner Obi

Obi vs Anakin-----winner Obi

This does not make him a better swordfighter, was he a better sword fighter against Maul? Not really but Maul got too cocky, attitude/emotions and mentallity is a part of the the ability to win a fight. This is where Obi-wan excels,

24. Captain_Solo15

Captain_Solo15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    Anakin Vs Dooku-----winnner Anakin
    Anakin Vs Windu-----Winner Anakin

Anakin beats Dooku with Sidious' help only.
    Anakin beats Windu, again with Sidious' help and also by betraying a comrad. Windu trusted Anakin and got killed for it.

Obi-wan Vs Maul------winner Obi
    Obi-wan Vs Grevious-----winner Obip

Obi defeats Maul with no help from anyone.
    Obi defeats Grevious with no help from anyone.

Obi vs Anakin-----winner Obi

Really the only one that matters. On this day, in this fight Obi hands Anakin his ***.

You can make all the excuses you want, George stating that Anakin is more powerful is not saying anything. He's more powerful at what? Potential Force power? What matters in a duel, is skill, intelligence, strategy, endurance, concentration. Sheer power is useless unless it's over-whelming and used effectively. Anakin has never used his power intelligently or effectively. He's all braun and passion with no cleverness, that's why he's not as good as Obi-Wan.

This does not make him a better swordfighter, was he a better sword fighter against Maul? Not really but Maul got too cocky, attitude/emotions and mentallity is a part of the the ability to win a fight. This is where Obi-wan excels,

He was a better fighter than Maul, he cut the dude in half. Here again excuses for Maul's failure, he got cocky. How many boxing fights or even Football games have you seen where one fighter/team is winning decisively and then the tide turns and the other team turns around whoops the other fighters/team's butt? Many , many, many.

That doesn't mean the fighter/team that was losing in the beginning got lucky or isn't a better team, it means they have a style that takes time to win or to figure out their opponents weaknesses and to take advantage of those weaknesses. They either, wear out their opponent with endurance, skill, or strategically manipulating their opponent into a position where they aren't able to use their strengths and are instead playing into theirs. This isn't luck, it's skill, coolness and intellect. Obi-Wan is the best at that, and thats why he's the best sabre-fighter.

25. Miaka_Yuki

Jan 3, 2005
    LOL!!!

Anakin won over Dooku bcoz of Sidious' help? LOL!!! I wonder what Palps had done except talking and watching that duel unfold while he's handcuffed on that throne.

Kenobi lost to Vader, so you mean Vader was better than Anakin? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.