main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Does the Emperor Have Any Children?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by redlightning, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Emperor Palpatine had several sons in the EU. Given he probably had many mistresses while ruling the Empire it's possible that he had conceived a number of children? Would any of them be Force sensitive and interested reclaiming their father's throne?

Dra--- likes this.
  2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think he will have 4 sons & they will take down Luke Skywalker :D

IN B4 THE LOCK
    [face_chicken][face_cow][face_pig][face_monkey][face_alien]

3. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I have foreseen where this discussion will go...

[​IMG]

Maul95, TKT, StoneRiver and 3 others like this.
  4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    And even if he does... you think he'd care about them why? All he cares about is UNLIMITED POWER!!!

Or are you just fishing for villains for ep VII?d

In the EU several claimed to be his kid... all where defeated pretty soundly though. The real question is though does it matter? These don't seem like charcters that would survive EU cuts into new canon. The villain of VII will be Lucas's character, not some of the lamest most minor EU charcters that have ever been. I suppose they could rewrite an EU charcter to become his kid, but again why and we'd have no way of knowing before hand. This thread will be locked very quickly.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    [​IMG]

Dra--- and Ryus like this.
  6. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Despite my post above, I can't see the Emperor having any children. As Ryus said, all Palpatine was interested in was unlimited power. Aside from Vader, I can't see him letting anyone getting anywhere close to enough power, Force, Political or Military, to threaten him on a PERSONAL level. Yes, as Luke says in Jedi, Palpatine's overconfidence is his weakness but given how ruthless he was in rising to power, I can't see him being so foolish as to father a child that one day might overthrow him. After all, it goes against Rule 18 of the Evil Overlord List.

LunarMoth likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm his son and you have all fallen under my control! See my signature. [face_devil]

LunarMoth and Dra--- like this.
  8. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes, he possibly had a son Tricoleps. Or however you spell his name. I'm too lazy to look it up. LOL

He also possibly had a grand niece too.

I don't like the idea of doing the offspring of Palpy. Especially as the baddie. Though I might be okay someone is hinted at his being his offspring/niece/nephew/ or whatever the relation. Also not the villain but may be one of the top bad guy's minions or associates.

Dra--- likes this.
  9. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I don't think I mind the offspring of the Emperor being the main or secondary villain. He could have conceived a child unintentionally with one of his minions who was infatuated with him and his power. The child grows up ignorant of his parentage until he is told by someone that he is his offspring and brainwashes him into thinking how great the Emperor was and how evil Luke Skywalker was for killing him. He is the pawn of a much greater adversary. Someone who is not an Imperial but wants to use him to gain power anyway.

I can see this character being redeemed from the Dark Side much the same way Luke does for so many others and become a prominent part of the NJO. Then again this also sounds extremely cheesy.

10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    What if his kids/grandkids are the heroes of Ep VII? 8-}

[​IMG]

Mystery Roach and Dra--- like this.
  11. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I thought it was implied that he manipulated midchlrorians or whatever to create Anakin? I think I read that somewhere. Perhaps the back of a cereal box.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013

[​IMG]

13. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

Dra--- and Ryus like this.
  15. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    I think Jar Jar is the Emperor's illegitimate son, conceived after a brief affair with the dumbest female Gungan in Naboo... [face_liarliar]

Ryus likes this.
  16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I would dig a Palpatine offspring. Love the soap opera aspect. Months ago I had the idea for a daughter or granddaughter who Palpatine had scientists experimenting on, driving her insane.

Please keep thread open.

plaidphoenix and Ryus like this.
  17. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Ehh....maybe. I can easily see some lazy exec going "Hey we gotta bring back Palpatine cause he's popular. Wait...we can't? Oh...uhh...well just say he has a son....who is exactly like him"

Man...I do wonder how many "Is so-and-so playing *insert character*'s kid" once we FINALLY get some casting news.

Ryus likes this.
  18. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Well I think it's safe to say nobody would see that one coming.

19. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Alright, how's this for an idea, given how much a master manipulator Palpatine is, what if Shira Bree is his granddaughter.

Ryus and Dra--- like this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'll say it again: Palpatine + Sly Moore = ST villain. :p

purplerain and Dra--- like this.
  21. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Sounds fun. Anakin may have been created by Palpatine, then Luke marries Palp's GD. What kind of incest is this?

I also wouldn't mind an angry son who just wants to prove that he's better than the father who treated him like nothing. He could be kind of a dangerous loser. Cruel and not really talented at anything, but finally succeeds at some terrible destruction. Sort of a symbolic son of the totalitarian father.

22. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Would they be illegitimate but known about? Illegitimate and not known about? Or was it a healthy father/child dynamic?
    [​IMG]

23. anotherdemon

anotherdemon Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    The real question is if he'll have new clothes.

24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    This would be best discussed here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.