main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does the Emperor wear pants?and other silly questions...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by seeker_two, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    From which album is the Imperial March mp3 present in the site the Maul pic is from? It's different than the official concert version.

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    From which album is the Imperial March mp3 present in the site the Maul pic is from? It's different than the official concert version.

That's a pretty good one. [face_mischief]

3. Etih-Sew

Etih-Sew Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2002
    "Here's one that some folks around here could answer...Does Tarkin wear shoes?"

I say nay, he wore house-slippers...special slippers which gave him his authority over Vader. No one knows if they were pink fluffy bunny slippers....

Or you could say Peter Cushing found the Imperial boots uncomfortable, whichever makes you happiest. :)

4. DarthZchour

DarthZchour Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    Ya know, I gotta question...

<---- Who the HELL is this on my icon?

Never seen him before, that I know of.

5. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    You icon is Quinlan Vos, a Jedi. Appeared very briefly in TPM, then was given a bit more of a story in the EU. Aayla Secura (that blue female Twi'lek Jedi) was his Padawan. Also appeared in AOTC (as one of the Jedi in the arena battle), unless it was just someone who looked like him.

6. DarthZchour

DarthZchour Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    Thank you, Devi.

Kind of dumb for me to have a Jedi icon W/ a sith name...

But who cares!?

7. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
  8. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Why in the world didn't Vader find a bunch of "Willing" donors, and transplant everything? Or better yet, clone himself a pair of lungs? He had loads of money. He could have been normal after spending a few million on himself. Why didn't he? Why tell? He could told Palps, I need a vacation, and comes back looking like he did when he was 20, three months later. I would have. What could the emperor tell? he'd stilll wear his mask at work, and then go clubbing at night. I suspect this did actually happen and the breathing sound is just a recording, because he talks and breathes (inhales) at the same time. [face_devil]

9. WMCoolmon

WMCoolmon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    [face_laugh]
    "Alert the night club to prepare for my arrival."

"Yes, my lord."

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    IIRC, that version is from the old Sony SW Trilogy set.

11. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    What exactly IS Vader doing in ANH when there's so sound but he's still making finger gestures?

And more importantly-Does Palpatine normally go out in those sithly robes? You would think he would go out in public with something a little more ...emperorish than his little black outfit. I mean, if I were an imperial citizen, I would be concerned about my Emperor's mental health if he kept wearing a black bathrobe everywhere he went.

12. WMCoolmon

WMCoolmon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    The Emperor's new clothes hadn't arrived at the Death Star by the time of ROTJ. :p

13. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    "The Emperor's new clothes..."

I don't even want to picture THAT! [face_shocked]

14. JuggaloJedi

JuggaloJedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2002
    just thinking how funny it would be to catch the emperor's cloak in the wind like marilyn monroe. then we'll see if he wears pants.

15. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    if I were an imperial citizen, I would be concerned about my Emperor's mental health if he kept wearing a black bathrobe everywhere he went.

black is royal. More royal than Amidala's courtains of EP.1. ;)

16. ForceHeretic

Dec 8, 2002
    I wonder how often the Emperor bathes, he seems to be a dirty little man so probably for not very long and like once a week

17. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Hey, at least you can look at the Emperor for an extended period of time without laughing. I don't think I would be able to even make eye contact with most of the Senators and bureaucrats from the PT.

18. ForceHeretic

Dec 8, 2002
    like ET! I was the only one I know who noticed that, even noticed it my first time seeing it. I thought it was funny

19. OutlawYoda

OutlawYoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Didn't Lucas cut out the Jar Jar Binks stepping in crap scene because of the PG rating?

boyo, I had a migraine when that question came up.

Oh yes and this nugget of joy....

*my step dad pointing to Anakin* Hes going to become Darth Vader right?
    I do not like Anakin, hes whiny and a jerk. But I mean, he has to be like that right?

Oy vey. Someone please blast me now. :(

;)

20. Azionite

Azionite Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2002
    Along the lines of an earlier comment, my wife asked me one time after watching ROTJ.

"Now, who's going to believe that Darth Vader was a big black man in the suit all this time only to turn out to be an old white man at the end."

After I stopped laughing, I explained the JEJ just supplied the voice for Vader and someone different was the actor in the suit. Then someone different was the actor at the end with his helmet removed...

:D :D :D

21. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    Last night we were watching Attack of the Clones and my mom asked me if they were gonna make Episode III. I simply looked at her and said "No. Episode IV takes off where Episode II left off." (in complete sarcasm of course hahaha)

22. ACloneWhoIsDifferent

ACloneWhoIsDifferent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2003
    lol funny thread
    I think the dumbest question i every heard is "Why doesn't yoda fight darth vader?" So silly!

23. isbagent1

isbagent1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2003
    What if a disgruntled Imperial came up to vader and just started pressing all those buttons on Vaders chest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.