main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Does the Force Awaken through Lightsabers?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Turinsd00m, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turinsd00m

Turinsd00m Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    I see a few Lightsaber threads, but none discussing the possibility that somehow The Force Awakens title of this film might have a direct tie-in with these elegant weapons themselves.

Adam Driver's stunt double Toth Gyula, when asked in a recent interview about the fighting styles used in the ST, said the following:

"I can tell that it is not by chance that the title is The Force Awakens, the lightsabers will have a major role. More, however, really I cannot say, everybody will see at the cinema."

I'm wondering if the film will try to infer that both the Darkside and the Light can become somehow intensified and encapsulated in the crystals that are used inside of the Lightsabers. These crystals no doubt have an inherent connection to the Force, which is why they are so effective in "Force Constructed" Lightsabers in the first place.

Perhaps an "awakening" in the force is when a powerful measure of one of the sides of the Force manages to posses one of these cyrstals. We then have two separate crystals- one with the Lightside and one with the Darkside of the Force.

When this occurs, any Force sensitive that has the crystal will see a dramatic increase in their ability to wield and hear the Force. And when they're integrated into a Lightsaber, the weapon becomes supercharged. This incarnation occurs in pre-existing crystals because of that inherent connection, of course- especially ones that have already been manipulated by powerful Force users... and in this case, we see the Lightside manifest in Anakin's old saber and the the saber that Kylo has in his possession winds up manifesting the Darkside.

This can help explain a few things that I have questioned for a while:
    1. Why does Kylo's actual saber blade look different than a traditional Sith-Red blade? It looks more "angry and violent" than other blades shown in canon. Perhaps this is due to it being supercharged by the Darkside?
    2.. Why does Kylo seem so hell-bent on getting Anakin's old saber? If he is just a collector then it seems excessive for the First Order to be using their military to help him hunt it down. I think they are after it to ensure that it can't be used by a Lightside user against them.
    3. Why do I get a sense that Kylo is really powerful but also really naive and unstable? Well, maybe he's an aristocratic brat who happens to be a little Force sensitive( a descendant from Dooku's family perhaps )- who has been taken in by Snoke with promises that he will one day be the most powerful warrior in the galaxy.
    Perhaps Snoke's dialog from teaser# 1 is from a scene at the beginning of the Film that shows him talking to Kylo about the awakening before he gives him the Darkside supercharged saber. Then, he gives Kylo instructions to hunt down the other saber so they can keep it from being used against them. Kylo- now having a strong but newer connection to the Darkside can sense the other crystal enough to track it and he gets propelled by the Darkside on a vicious, violent, and hateful quest to obtain it at all costs.

Our new heroes then are chasing down Luke not just to get help with training- but to seek his assistance in protecting this most valuable item.

After all, this is Star Wars. And the most basic human element of warfare is the sword. Why not make the Lightsaber the next "ultimate weapons".

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I don't really see how this warrants its own thread...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.