main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Does the Kenobi bloodline deserve to live on in the ST?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by angrysithHerder, May 10, 2016.

1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Valairy Scot. What do you mean "Writer of bad fanfic since 1977," I'm still waiting for you to put pen to paper and continue EJC Don't put yourself down! I love your writing.

Wow I haven't been on this board for ages. Must look around. ^:)^

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    There would have to be a bloodline to begin with.

3. AniLukeRey

AniLukeRey Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    I do want a Kenobi movie. Ewan McGregor would rock that so hard.

As far as Kenobi having a family- he does have one. The Skywalkers are all his. Anakin is his son/brother. He watched over Luke and became a ghost to guide him. Leia and Han named their son after him. He spoke to Rey, and I don't think that will be the only time.

4. Yu Han

Yu Han Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2016
    Nah. I don't the link his "bloodline" needs to live on, because his lineage already does. Traditionally, Jedi don't have children, so the closest thing they have to that kind of physical legacy is with their padawans. I think for Obi-Wan's lineage to be continued the way it is, through the passing of knowledge from masters to apprentices, is the best way to preserve his legacy - as Jedi would traditionally be remembered, further cementing Obi-Wan as a connection to the "old age" of Jedi.

I mean, he trained Anakin and Luke, plus Han and Leia named their kid after him! That seems like a pretty fair legacy/lineage, even if he never had biological children.

AniLukeRey likes this.