main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does the PT really "click" as a trilogy?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Master_Solo, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Solo

Master_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2004
    I don't think it does. In my mind TPM and AOTC should've been kinda merged. Like have the TF be Seperatists in TPM and the Clone Wars start at the end. This would give Dooku a larger role and make him the main henchman of the trilogy instead of a a medium role in 2 and a tiny one in 3.

Plus, make Anakin Hayden in 1. I noticed this on the May 16th ROTS premiere marathon thing where it didn't feel like an ongoing adventure like the OT did.

Strilo edit: We have enough "What went wrong" and "How you would make the PT" threads already.

2. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    It does click actually.

3. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Actually, since Return of the Jedi is more "tie up the loose ends" than story, I actualy feel as though Revenge of the Sith presented its characters with a more complete arch, thus making the PT the stronger of the two trilogy's in terms of story.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    six years of windiess!

4. Master_Solo

Master_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2004
    I'd agree there. When I watched the saga in order ANH seems to be the only one that pretty much ignores everything bought up in ROTS. Its only really ESB and ROTJ that seem to fit into the same saga.

Don't get me wrong though I love ANH and its my fave SW movie!

5. Tyranus22

Tyranus22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    I do think the PT clicks as a trilogy. There's a continuity/consistency error with the puppet yoda used in TPM and digital yoda in AOTC and ROTS but, fingers crossed, that'll be fixed with the PT DVD Boxset release in Nov.

6. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    ANH doesn't fit in with ROTS and isn't a real part of the saga?? I think that could easily be seen the other way around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.