main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

does the star wars saga break down when over analysed

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by fosh-bantus88, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    what do you guys think?.

in some ways, i feel the detail tends to breakdown when you start looking at things too closely.

however, the concepts are so relateable that maybe a completely foolproof background is not totally necessery.

i think the depth of the saga comes from characters, not the planets and worlds that make up the GFFA.

2. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I don't see that it brakes down at all.

Do you have an example, perhaps?

3. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Nope... Fanboys break down.

4. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    well, examples really wernt what i was trying to bring up in this thread, its really more about the relationship between the setting and the plot.

did lucas mean to create a galaxy full of detail, then put characters in it?, or did he create characters and put them in a world that suited them?.

i tend to belive it was the later.

5. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    If you "over analyze" or "look too closely" at ANYTHING, you will find fault.

And I think he had ideas for the characters themselves and a universe for them to live in. He put them together. Of course a lot of things changed along the way.
    Either way, its all good.

6. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    I think it's fair to say that I have completely over-analysed the saga, but I haven't found that it breaks down. I doubt that many of the things that I see were put there intentionally though.

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Your going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

So does this!

-Seldon

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I see your point, but personally, I am in the process of writing this ridiculously intensive story that's basically the whole saga era in relation to Obi-Wan. I've done a lot of research on Star Wars (really, it's ridiculous and hard to explain), and all it's done is deepened my appreciation for the films and especially the character of Obi-Wan. I think if you nitpick at stupid things that don't matter, it could hinder your experience. However, a lot of people just want to explore the richness of the galaxy and its characters and everything in it. That only deepens their love an appreciation of the films, I think.

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.