main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Does Vader & Aphra have romantic feelings for one another?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dominick1216, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    I haven't read any of the comics featuring both Darth Vader and Aphra fully, but I have seen certain panels, and I was wondering if the two have romantic feelings for one another? Or is Aphra the only one having romantic feelings? It kinda feels out of character for Darth Vader, because even though he's who he is now, Padmé is still the love of his life.

2. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    It's not. Aphra is just scared and admiring of Vader. She felt like her service to him was something destiny-like for her (she thought that in the beginning anyway)

3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    No Aphra doesn't have romantic feelings for him. She just had a lot of respect for him. If you choose to read the series you will see why Aphra does respect the qualities Vader has even though he is considered to be a monster by many.

4. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    No, she's just weird and Vader ain't got no **** anymore

5. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Okay.

6. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Vader is using her for his own agenda, nothing more. No romance or BFF in there. Read the comic, it's pretty good.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Lord Vader only has feelings for His Imperial Majesty the Galactic Emperor.

8. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010

First rule of lit: He who declares it, writes the slash fiction. Your deadline is next Friday.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's already canon, I don't need to write anything.

10. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    You know the old saying. If you love someone, set them free. And if they don't come back, that's because that last sentence clearly didn't end with "via the airlock."

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    There are multiple points in the comic where it seems pretty clear the writers are hinting at emotional turmoil. I don't think they have romantic feelings for each other, per se, but sometimes their closeness reminds Anakin of Padmé, and he freaks out a little.

12. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010

What Vader and Palpatine story is this?

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Are we shipping Vader and Palpatine?

oncafar, vncredleader and Darth_Pevra like this.
  14. Alpha would be better as Luke's girlfriend than Vader's girlfriend lol
    I do not think that Vader is willing to have a relationship with a person much more young than him and also the Sith code prohibits love

15. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010

Does it? I'd think the Sith Code is more along the lines of, "do whatever the **** you want." As long as its led by "passion" and not a sense of moral obligation.

The catch with the Sith is that, unlike the classical Jedi, they don't prohibit attachment, most Sith are too self involved to want any kind of attachment.

That said... Vader I think cares very little about Doctor Aphra. In fact, I think that she even begins to edge toward "friendly acquaintance" is enough to unsettle him and make him want to stamp it down immediately.

According to Jello it's canon if you look hard enough. I wonder if Palpatine likes to smoke a cigarette afterwards.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I just thought of Vader responding to flame like Frankenstein's monster and lol

17. The Sith believe that love is a noble sentiment and is part of The Light Side so they forbid it

18. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Those Sith are awful about "breaking their chains", then. There's gotta be some Force using libertarian sect out there in the galaxy.

[​IMG]

Erkan12 likes this.
  19. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Never figured this thread would get to this many replies. But then again the thread title has the two magic words in it. Darth Vader and Aphra.

oncafar likes this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It's our patriotic duty.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  21. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    No.
    * Padmè was the only love in Vader's life, but that was when he was Anakin. Now he's trying hard to cut all the ties to this previous life. Read the comic on this topic, especially issue #24.
    * As was pointed out: Surely Vader has lost more than his limbs when he got barbecued on Mustafar.
    * I'm not even sure if Aphra is capable of deep love. Although I remember that the short comic in Doctor Aphra #1 implied that she had "romantic adventures" with ruffians during her university years.
    * Having said that, I want to know what happened between Sana and Aphra and if they really were romantically involved in the past.

22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    It was a lovely relationship up to the point Vader decided to give Aphra a little space.

23. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    When Aphra first appeared I remember mentioning how she's a better fit for Anakin then Padme ever was

I mean what did Anakin and Padme even have in common?

Aphra on the other hand was raised by a single mother, who in turn was killed by bandits. She is cocky and over confident in her abilities like Anakin was AND she's great with technology!

I'm sure there were points in the Vader series where Vader was thinking "If I was twenty years younger!" :p

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  24. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    They would be that reckless couple who die in a heist/ambush or death stick overdose. Uncle Obi-Wan was a good friend and tried to set him on the right path.

SilentGuy66 likes this.