main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Vader ever get around to shutting down the battle droids?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by CieSharp, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    If you remember, Sidious orders Vader to shut down the battle droids, and right after Sidious' transmission ends, Vader sees Padme's ship on the sensor screen. As I remember, he immediately leaves the building to meet the ship.

So is this another intentional loose end? Are battledroids still operational?

Lock if this question has been done already or has to be in a different section but please direct me thanks :)

2. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

So is this another intentional loose end? Are battledroids still operational?

No.

There was quite a gap between Padme coming into land and Anakin coming out. He probably did it then.

3. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    If he didn't, I'm sure Sidious or one of the clones did it after recovering Anakin.

4. Merek

Merek Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    I felt that GL was intentionally leaving an opening. Immediately after Sidious gives him this instruction, Anakin sees Padme's ship on the screen. It could have been done differently to give Anakin time to shut down the battle droids. It doesn't make sense that this would be left open, only for Sidious or a clone to shut them down after arriving at Malastare.

My guess is that this (still active battle droids) will be incorporated inted either EU or the TV shows set between ROTS and ANH. Any battles in between those would basically be clone troopers against the Rebels, which at this point is a few Senators. Not v ery exciting. But if you throw in some battle droids, now you've got action scenes.

It would be kind of interesting to see a few remaining Jedi (if there are any) leading battle droids into battle against clone troops. A total reversal of what the Clone Wars have been til now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.