main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Yoda actually miss Chewbacca?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by captainnorth, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainnorth

captainnorth Jedi Master star 1

May 22, 2005
    In ROTS when Yoda does one from Chewbacca's planet, he says "Miss you I will Chewbacca". Well does he? I don't reckon he does cos he never bothers to visit him. Instead he just lives in that skankpit on Dagobah where after a while he starts to go barking bonkers. Is it implied in the Star Wars story that at sometime between ROTS and ESB that Yoda and Chewbacca meet up given the fact that Yoda declares such deep feelings for the wookie?

2. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Yoda can't leave Dagobah, he's in hiding. He said "Miss you, I will" not "Visit you often I will, yes" because he knows he's not going to see him again.

3. captainnorth

May 22, 2005
    Yoda is pathetic. he gives the emperor a good kickin in ROTS and then buggers off to Dagobah. why doesn't he try and start a new jedi order with obi-wan from tattoine instead of hiding in a swamp? he could then meet up with chewbacca at mos eisley next time him and han solo are delivering stuff for Jabba. Actually, does Han Solo ever meet Yoda?

4. ObiWan2790

ObiWan2790 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    what exactly is the point of this? your comparing one line from ROTS to all of Yoda's actions in empire and rotj....

5. ObiWan2790

ObiWan2790 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    what exactly is the point of this? your comparing one line from ROTS to all of Yoda's actions in empire and rotj....

6. BosskMaul

Sep 29, 2004
    Actually Yoda was allergic to Wookiees, he had to take allergy pills just to be around them on Kashyyyk. That explains why he didn't keep contact. Yeah.

7. captainnorth

May 22, 2005
    why not?
    people post all sorts of questions on here, such as e.g. "Does boba fett paint jango's helmet"?
    my question is much more interesting and funny than that rubbish.

8. BosskMaul

Sep 29, 2004
    But Boba Fett actually DOES paint Jango's helmet...

9. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
  10. Rouge_Three

Rouge_Three Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    "why doesn't he try and start a new jedi order with obi-wan from tattoine instead of hiding in a swamp?"

And where exactly would they get Jedi to do this, them being...incapacitated. Not to mention that's a great way to attract attention to the Sith's senses and have them kill off two more Jedi.

"he could then meet up with chewbacca at mos eisley next time him and han solo are delivering stuff for Jabba."

Chewbacca and Han won't show up and work for Jabba for a good few years. Yoda would be dead by then, as described above.

Actually, does Han Solo ever meet Yoda?

Seeing as he was around eight years old when Yoda went into isolation, I would say no...

11. captainnorth

May 22, 2005
    why do all the geeks on this site get so wound up and reply as if star wars actually exist?

12. BosskMaul

Sep 29, 2004
    I dunno. Why all the silly threads?

13. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    ^ the same reason n00bs go around posting dumb threads I guess.

14. captainnorth

May 22, 2005
    do the geeks on here ever do anything else other than talk about star wars? the word Noob is such a bollocks word.

15. achtungdaibut

achtungdaibut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    "Instead he just lives in that skankpit on Dagobah where after a while he starts to go barking bonkers"

I've always thought. What does he do for 20 years? I bet he goes insane!

Probably built the Mud hut using his Force Powers in five minutes. Probably did some Impression's : "Looking at me are you, hmmmm? Looking You are...No-one else here..hmmm" Hummed along to some Johnny Williams theme tunes. Meditated on the next weeks winning lottery numbers..never won..hence his Uncertain is Future to Luke after 19 years of trying. Probably got Drunk and tried to send thoughts to Obi-Wan.."Bshet Mate you are, last of Jedi we are..hmmm..a little drunk am I." I'll give you good money at some point he tried to make his underwear last a month without washing.

Basically he was forced to live a student lifestyle.

Here's a question though. One I think which needs to be answered. Where does he get metal cooking pots from? Does he stop off in a hardware store on his way?

16. Zakor1138

Zakor1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    "why do all the geeks on this site get so wound up and reply as if star wars actually exist?"

I don't know,but it feels like we remember better when its like that. Well, thats me. And do you want your question answered or not?

17. BosskMaul

Sep 29, 2004
    No, because you happen to be in one of the Star Wars related sections of a Star Wars forum. Are you a soccer hooligan, out of curiosity? :p

18. captainnorth

May 22, 2005
    yeah where did yoda get those pots from? i bet that was covered in the EU!

19. Rouge_Three

Rouge_Three Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    "why do all the geeks on this site get so wound up and reply as if star wars actually exist?"

...you're the one suggesting that a fictional character shoud do things different than he does in a fictional story...

20. BosskMaul

Sep 29, 2004
    There's a Lechter's housewares shop on the east end of Dagobah.

21. Zakor1138

Jun 9, 2005
    yes Yoda will miss Chewbacca. See comments above by everyone else.

22. BosskMaul

Sep 29, 2004
    No, Zakor, I was aiming that at captainnorth.

23. captainnorth

May 22, 2005
    do the people on ever do anything else other than star wars?

24. Zakor1138

Jun 9, 2005
    believe it or not Im a noob. yet I know alot about star wars. My friend at school thinks he knows stuff too....Nope. He said Obi-Wan is Lukes father. I was like "WHAT?"

25. Zakor1138

Jun 9, 2005
    "do the people on ever do anything else other than star wars? "

I play Street Fighter when everything else is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.