main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does you're family think you're crazy?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lonewolf89, Oct 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >it was her who said when I was ten years old "You haven't seen STAR WARS?! Lets go out to >the video store RIGHT NOW! You've got to see them!"

LOL! My mom said the EXACT SAME thing! Only she said it ten times, three to my dad, and then all the way to the video store.. :)

Anyway, my mom and dad went to see each movie three times, my little sister is hooked on Jedi Apprentice, my little brother is a Jar Jar fan, and my other little sister wants to read all my SW novels someday, so I don't really have anything to worry about. :)

TC

2. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Yes, I can see where you are all coming from.

My friends and family don't "get" my Star Wars obsession!

3. Galleon

Galleon Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    I am the opposite of most of my family so they just leave me alone mostly, while they do think I'm crazy Star Wars is just one reason.

4. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

You know, when you're eight years old and you repeat "Can we go see Star Wars?" over and over and over like Bart and Lisa asking to go to Mount Splashmore, you can eventually wear your parents down so that they take you sveral times. At the last showing (back in the days when they re-released movies like A New Hope over the space of a couple years), I saw the trailer for The Empire Strikes Back, I think my dad thought I was going to vibrate right through the theater seat I was so excited.

Hey, speaking of trailers, does anyone remember a A New Hope TV commercial narrated by Greedo, subtitled, and talked about the sprawling epic. That was cool.

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Hey, I am crazy, the rest of the world is insane. So I guess that makes me normal compared to the rest of the world.

6. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    None of them have said anything to my face, but I'm sure my family thinks I'm crazy. So do many people at school. And I don't mind. Let them think me crazy. And I just remembered the greatest Star Wars quote I've ever heard!

7. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Yeah, i think mine was thinking about sending me to the nuthouse when i discovered that the bookstore in my town had not got Rebirth on the date it was suppoesed to. Then again i think they did that when i was screaming for joy when i got it! Well, can you blame me? Anyway, i never cared what they think, so it doesnt matter much.

8. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    My family thinks I'm crazy in a fun way.That makes my life less stressful,besides starwars.

9. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Actually, my 15 year old daughter tells her friends that I read Star Wars books. They think I?m cool.
    My husband took me on a date to see ?Star Wars.? We saw ESB on the first day it was released. But he isn?t into reading the EU books. He loves to read Backpacking books so we share ?lines? from our books. He thinks its great that I taught myself how to post on a board.
    The people that give me the ?funny? looks are librarians and book store clerks. But now I own most of the books so I don?t have to deal with those people.

10. Mirai_Trunks

Mirai_Trunks Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2001
    Not my family, no.

All my friends seem to think I am truely from Coruscant or such.

I tell you, the funny looks could put a person in therapy. :p

Oh, dear. I'm not alone. My uncle is a blasted Trekkie too, so we spend endless hours debating which is better.

11. CajunJedi

CajunJedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2001
    My wife thinks I am a nut case, but loves me anyway. [face_devil]

12. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    my dad is a casual sci-fi fan so as a result, all of us kids grew up watching various sci-fi. my brothers are casual Star Wars fans (i applaud them for choosing the correct movie to be fans of), they can quote lines and know most of the characters and can tell you the basic plot. my sister has no interest in it whatsoever, but knows C-3PO and R2-D2. i, on the other hand, REALLY discovered Star Wars when i was about 13 (after a brief love-affair with Back to the Future) and that's when i became obsessed. i started watching the movies over and over, until i could recite them from heart. i started reading the novels. i bought soundtracks. i found a best friend (whom i still have) who is only slightly less nuts about Star Wars than myself (she got it from her brother). my family thinks i'm slightly weird, but they accept that. strangers that i meet have differing views on my sanity--usually girls think it's weird that i'm a girl that loves Star Wars, and guys usually think it's pretty neat (especially when they like Star Wars too--but then they get miffed when i know more about it than they do). so anyway, that is my experience as a Star Wars freak. but the best part about being known as a Star Wars freak, is that any time the have a question about SW, they come to me. i can't tell you how many times i've explained the Prequel/OT relationship...

13. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I tend to stay the hell away from my family

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.