main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Doesn't Vader wonder how he has kids?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Bountyhuntress-, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Bountyhuntress-

Bountyhuntress- Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2012
    Palpatine told Vader that in his anger he killed his pregnant wife Padme. So... doesn't he wonder how Luke can possibly be his kid? Doesn't he realize Palpatine lied to him? Lol I only realized this after watching Robot Chicken Star Wars.

2. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Yeah, a tiny bit of a plot hole there. More of a problem with the PT not fitting with what was established in the OT.

3. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    He did kill Padme. Just as if I cut your leg off and leave and you bleed to death hours later, I still killed you. Killing does no have to be instantaneous - Vader mortally affected Padme, she got her kids out, and she died. Makes sense to me.

4. CircaCitadel

CircaCitadel Jedi Padawan

Oct 10, 2012
    Just because a pregnant woman dies, doesn't mean the child is killed too. Not right away.

He did kill her.

5. Bountyhuntress-

Oct 16, 2012
  6. Bountyhuntress-

Oct 16, 2012
    I just meant that Palps had him believe he physically killed her, thus killing their child. If Vader thought his kid had survived, he would surely have searched for him/ her. At least that's what I think.

7. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    It has not been explicity stated that Vader thought that he physically killed Padme.

8. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    From "REVENGE OF THE SITH":

9. CircaCitadel

CircaCitadel Jedi Padawan

Oct 10, 2012
    Sidious deflected the objects?

Or is this from the book?

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Vader knew in ROTS that the child was coming soon, hence why he was so desperate to save Padme in the first place. He also knew that Padme did not die on Mustafar, she died later. The only piece of information he was missing, was the fact that she had given birth to Luke and Leia before she died.

To me it was not a stretch, once he sensed Luke's Force presence and heard his last name, to know that Luke was definitely his.

eht13, Zeta1127 and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU, Vader's known Luke's full name for quite a while before ESB- but he's still assuming that, while there might be a connection, it's not a father-son one. Until ESB when Palpatine says he "has no doubt" that Padme did have children before she died.

12. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

While watching ROTS, I could see that Padme's body still looked pregnant during her funeral procession.

13. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Obviously Vader and Palpatine had no clue of the Kids birth. Once Palpatine did find out (through the disturbance in the force Luke caused) his first reaction was that Luke needed to die. The birth of the twins was the best kept secret in the galaxy.

14. sinkie

sinkie Jedi Padawan star 1

May 27, 2004
    Best kept secret by at least one of the worst secret makers in the galaxy...Kenobi. I know! I'll keep your last name and move you to the only real location, besides Naboo maybe, that your father had any ties to!

15. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Vader had no reason to go back there, he wasn't looking for anyone or anything to have to go back there to visit his old relatives. He was too busy hunting jedi, taking over a galaxy and trying to subdue a rebellion. They had no where else they could put Luke where they could have at least alittle trust in the ppl they were leaving him with. That is why Obi Wan stayed to watch over him. The Jedi knew and trusted Organa, he had a huge amount of resources at his disposal to hide Leia. There was no need to watch over her. The Lars were the only place they had to put him and where they could trust the ppl to a degree, but still felt the need to watch Luke.

Edit: and besides, they weren't his (Anakins) blood relatives either...

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader Obi-Wan sees Vader on the Holonet wreaking havoc on Kashyyyk, realises he's still alive, and his first reaction is "Get Luke off Tatooine".

He calms down when Qui-Gon's spirit tells him that Naboo and Tatooine are places it will be almost impossible for Anakin to visit, due to the emotions it would raise.

17. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Darth vader was not anakin at that point. Without suit, he's anakin. With suit, samurai helmet, JES voice, he's Vader.

18. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    If that's your opinion, feel free to explain why.

19. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    That's just how I'm using to calling him. I watch the famous originals, with darth vader's famous samurai suit, and i call him vader because in the pop culture image, that's Vader- the robot suit guy. That's also what he was called in the OT.

In the prequels anakin was always called anakin, even after he became a sith lord. I don't call him vader because when i think of vader i think of the cyborg character.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Not always.

21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Padme and obi wan never called him vader.

22. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    So?
    People don't use every single word for everything.
    Nobody called me my legal name in the last five hours...so? Still my name.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Palpatine and Gunray did.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  24. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    how would gunray know vader's name?. i saw the entire seperatist slaughter not once did gunray call him 'lord vader' was it in the book?.

25. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    He knew because Palps told him.