Dog Costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by jedimelis, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. jedimelis Force Ghost

star 2
    I swear my dog doesn't mind wearing clothes and bandanas.... Anyone have any experience in dog costumes???? I want to make one for my female dog, but am worried she'll trip over a really dressy one....

Here's one I saw on Rebelscum, my dog looks very much like this dog to give you an idea:

Count Dogu

Count Dogu

Edits: I can't get these pictures up , but there are the links.....
  2. FERDALUMP Jedi Knight

star 3
    My sister is a dog groomer so I have done some doggy duds for certain occassions.

Kwik Sew has an adorable sweatshirt with a hood for a dog that could easily be adapted into a Jedi.

Also Simplicity has a pattern out for the Disney Princesses ala Pup dresses--I think that pattern would be a great jumping off point for a Padme type dress.

What were you wanting to make?

~Ferd :)
  3. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    That Count Dogu is so cute!

This is slightly OT, but this thread reminded me of the funniest site someone forwarded me the other day - you have to check this out!

tickle trunk for cats

Scroll down for the cat "models"! Hilarious!
  4. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hey! That looks like my doggie :D She's the same breed.

Eh, wish she'd wear a costume though, she'd just tear it to little bits in a second.
  5. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    did anyone look at those cats? they looks really unhappy gettint dressed up.
  6. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
  7. jedimelis Force Ghost

star 2
    That ain't much protection for the poor pooch, then again thats less of a nuisance too!!

Yeah the cat hats are very cute.... you can't really tell whether the cat is miserable or not....

As for my dog, I am still contemplating what to do for her... Definately Star Wars.... but no elaborate Padme dresses that would trip her..... I was considering the white battle jumpsuit top only (post battle arena torn torn look) that would be too much of a hinderance, what ya think? I guess the real focus would be on the collar, huh?

Thanks for suggesting the Simplicity patterns, Ferd. I should get that one so I can have a general idea about patterns necessary for a dog costume.
  8. Stubbzilla TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 2
    [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~azeem2000/lokifett.jpg]

9. krillindb Jedi Knight

star 1
    That's great Stubzilla!
    Especially on such a cute dog!

He/she(?) kind of looks terrified though.
  10. Stubbzilla TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 2
    It was an accidental costume. She had a little jacket to keep warm, and it happened to be green, and I scotch-taped a little jetpack on there just for a picture.

She always looks funny in pictures. She was half-starved in that one because we'd just gotten her and she was a stray, so she has no fur then compared to what she has now, and she is now a fat little dog instead of being so skinny. She looks slightly less frightened in recent pictures because she has fur again, but she still looks weird. I think it is because she is very submissive, has separation anxiety, and is slightly afraid of the camera.
  11. jedimelis Force Ghost

star 2
    AW.... what a cutie!!!
  12. JainaMSolo Jedi Knight

star 3
  13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    stubzilla your dog is so cute! :)

Since we're sharing I thought I'd add my doggie pics too. I took the headpiece thingy off of my old ewok doll once and made my dog wear it for a few minutes just to snap some pics. She was not happy.

Disgruntled Ewok
  14. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I love this thread - it's making me chuckle again and again!

That article from the Onion may be fictional, but I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere, someone is dressing up their pets for SW/EU parties!
  15. jedimelis Force Ghost

star 2
    Thanks Jaina for the link to the onion article .... I have not been able to access it myself. [face_devil]
    Obi-Dawn: Perfect costume for your dog!!! The dog looks like an ewok!!!! I remember a friend who had a llasa apso whose name was Ewok....

16. Stubbzilla TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 2
    Heh, I like the ewok. :)

My dog is an ugly little rat-dog with an underbite. But I guess she's ugly enough to be cute.

Even though she doesn't really have a costume on, here is my cat pretending to be a Krayt dragon:

[image=http://home.earthlink.net/~azeem2000/kraytdragon.jpg]
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.