main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD D'oh! end in sight

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by kahli, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    D'oh! Simpsons near road's end

SIMPSON'S fans will have to farewell TV's favourite yellow family in 2009 when the last series of the cult cartoon will be broadcast.

The actors behind the voices of Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa have signed a deal taking them up to a 19th series in 2008 with Groening hoping to make one more series the following year.

"I'd love to get to 365 episodes, so there's one for every day of the year with no repeats", he said.

2. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I dont know what to say... :_| :_|

But Groening has said that there will be The Simpsons movies after the end off the series :D . 20 series... Im going to have to fork out thousands for that on DVD [face_plain] .

3. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    My heart skipped a beat when I read the end in sight!

But then agin, there's still what, 5-6 seasons to go? So it's ok.. for now. [face_worried]

...and I thought it was already over 400 episodes. Obviously not. Wasn't there a 500th episode spectacular? Or was that a joke?

4. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Dear lord, that's TWENTY YEARS. We're all getting geriatric.

I'm not that fussed about the end, to be honest. Firstly, it's still another five years. Secondly, it's had an incredibly good run. To state the bleedingly obvious, it passed its prime long ago. Mind you, even the less consistent later series are still generally above average by most other TV standards. It's still odd to imagine an actual end.

Finally... I'm sorry. Really, I am. But somebody HAS to say it in every Simpsons thread, and we need to get it out of the way:
    If only Futurama had lasted this long.

5. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    It's about bloody time!!! This silly show should've been axed way back in '91. And Futurama...?!!?? It should never have been created to begin with!!!

:p :p [face_laugh] :p :p

6. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    This story did come from "The Sun" that said that David Beckham would be on The Simpsons.

7. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    WHY? That is so stupid. The man can hardly talk!

8. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    They had one gueststar that couldn't talk at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.