main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dollies???

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Festivis7, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Festivis7

Festivis7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2002
    Can anyone tell me any sites that will show how to make an inexpensive dolly for a mini-DV camcorder??

oh yeah, preferably no skateboard ones as they do not absorb bumps at all...

2. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
  3. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    haha... what the hell was that? Thats no dollie.

Anyway... I have a website that shows you how to make one using skateboard wheals. But I don't understand why there would be bumps if you had it on a track??

4. Festivis7

Festivis7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2002
    Thanks spoo, I never thought of rollerblading wheels. As to JediDrew's question, I'm not planning on having a track. I'm doing an outside shot with turns and wacky direction patterns...

5. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Is that track stable? What keeps it from rolling to the side with the dollie on top?

6. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Ask whoever built it. I just bookmarked the site when someone else posted it.

I suppose you could use small braces in between the PVC pipes to keep them the same distance apart.

If you're doing this outside with no track, it'll be bumpy - unless you've got something up your sleeve that'll absorb all the vibrations from unsmooth ground.
    A shoot I just worked on was using a wheelchair as a dolley.

7. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    It's stable since the wheels are on oposite sides of the track.

That tutorial, and a couple others are listing on the Amateur Movie Portal's Build your own gear page.

Have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.