main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Dolly/Crane construction

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gallith, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallith

Gallith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have some 2" PVC I could have, or know where I can get some for cheap? I've completed my dolly, but only have a 10' track. And of course, I have run out of money... After I get the track longer, I'm going to make a crane attachment for it (another $30). I'll put some pictures online in a couple days.

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Home depot has good prices for PVC, have you checked there?

3. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    That's where I got the rest of it :)

4. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    I finished the dolly... very nice.
    I finished the crane... very nice.

I'll have pictures of it later.

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I'd be interested in seeing a shot done with the dolly and crane as well as the dolly and crane...

6. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    Dolly - $150
    Crane - $15
    Grand Total - $165
    Steady, moving shots - priceless

7. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Braggart! I challenge that you are all bark and no bite! You didn't build nothin! You're a big fat liar.

Okay, okay, I don't mean it. But, until I see some of these great shots that you are bragging about I'm gonna berate you. I wanna see pics of your equipment and a shots that you have taken using them.

If you need a place to host them FOR THE SPRINGS BOARD ONLY then I will be glad to host em for you for a little while. PM me if you need more info.

Anything to get more traffic on the Springs board. This place has been dead lately.

Are your plans still moving forward for your film? I know that you might/will be moving really soon. Hope you get it done. Mine is in the storyboard and building props phase. Got my camera and lightsabers, got the Gillette razors for the communicators, and will getting my Azden SGM-2X Pro Microphone. Need to start on my costumes now... Should begin building my Jib soon and have aleady built my steadycam. Still seems like there are a thousand things to do!!!!

8. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Come on Gallith!!! Where is are the pics and sample shots? I'm about to build my jib so I would like to see yours. Haven't decided whether or not I need a dolly yet, but would still like to see yours.
    Would love to see a few shots taken with the crane and dolly as well.
    This board is becoming boring, so spice it up and take me up on my hosting offer.

9. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    Sorry. Can't get my guy with the camera over. He's being a dork and hope to get my own soon...

10. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Perhaps I could come by and you could use my camera? I would really like to see some dolly/crane shots. And the board could use the activity.

11. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalith...

Oh, Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalith...

Now, where did he go. I wanted to see some test shots. Wonder if he ever got them done.

12. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Actually, I got the first round of my dolly building done. Not sure it will handle round track though. Waiting for a book with better instructions that I might try.

I would do a test shot, but just can't think of what to shoot?! Maybe we'll drag it out at the meeting and shoot something in the yard with all of us banging sticks?

13. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    umm, galith moved away, remember? his dad got PCS'ed...

14. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Did NOT know that. Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.