main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Well according to the new Phasma novel, he had his own father murdered (Phasma actually carried it out herself). So yeah, not really a nice guy.

Django Fett and Dark Horse like this.
  2. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Something for him to bond over with Kylo!

The Legions of Lettow and Rhyoth like this.
  3. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Those two need to find something to get on about. Hux had just outright disdain for Kylo.

4. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Kylo: Don't test my patience General. If I could kill my own father, imagine what I could do to you.
    Hux: Wait, you killed your father, seriously?
    Kylo: Yes, what of it?
    Hux: What a coincidence, I had my father killed as well.
    Kylo: What?
    Hux: Yeah, I had Captain Phasma take care of him.
    Kylo: Really, huh that's ironic?
    Hux: Want to talk about it over drinks?
    Kylo: Yeah sure why not.

5. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    yeah i don't think they'll be bonding over killing their fathers especially since they react completely differently to it. hux seems pretty gleeful about it whereas kylo is tortured.

6. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Screen Rant - General Hux Actor Explains Why He Isn’t In The Marketing For Star Wars 8

Domhnall Gleeson: “I don’t think there was much out about [me] for the first one either. I’m not one of the bigger characters – Adam, Oscar, Daisy and John are up front and then it’s a big line of people ahead of me on the call sheet, so I certainly don’t take it personally. I think they know how to market Star Wars, so I’ll leave them to it.”

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-last-jedi-general-hux-domhnall-gleeson-first-order/

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Good for him. Gleeson's got his head on straight. [face_laugh]

8. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I kind of hope Hux dies in TLJ, especially if it is Kylo who kills him. That would just make for a great scene. ESB had Vader really gunning for his Imperial officers, and one parallel I'd love to see in the ST is for Kylo to snap and take out one of his own guys. But if Finn or Poe take out Hux, it would be satisfying, too. Then it would be interesting to get a new FO General for Ep 9. Fresh meat.

9. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Poe and Hux were both featured in Crait LEGO sets for whatever it's worth.

10. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Hux still hasn't had a scene with any of the good guys yet, not even Finn.

I wish he'll have one before he dies.

Revanfan1 and oncafar like this.
  11. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I kind of imagine a Rey/Kylo, Finn/Phasma, Poe/Hux rivalry. The Force storyline, the "Spy movie" storyline and the Resistance/FO battle storyline.

12. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Also Kylo killing Hux would be incredibly predictable. Everyone would be expecting it.

Django Fett likes this.
  13. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I hope there's a scene with Hux and Sloane. I really want to see Rae on screen.

14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The idea of Kylo killing Hux reminds me of how certain a lot of people were that Vader would kill Krennic in Rogue One, (self included). And yet here I am thinking that Kylo will kill Hux. I guess I haven't learned my lesson.

I agree it would be predictable but done right it could work on an emotional level. For instance if Hux attacks Leia it's going to very easy to get me to hope that Kylo takes him out.

15. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Between Kylo and Hux, there can be only hwone.

That said Hux probably dies getting run over by a Gorilla Walker or something.

oncafar likes this.
  16. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    snoke doesn't want kylo to kill hux and the supreme leader is wise. hux's death will impact millicent the cat. snoke knows that is not acceptable.

17. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Millicent already died and came back as BB-9E

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would love that. I'm going to be disappointed now if that's not how he dies! :p

19. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I have a feeling Hux is going to bite it on Canto Bight.

20. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    No bad guy killing his fellow bad guy because he's fed up with him, will ever measure up to Galvatron killing Starscream in Transformers 1986.

21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

He's the equivalent of Kenneth Colley, Michael Sheard, Julian Glover, Michael Pennington etc...

I hope Hux is in the leading the Gorilla Walker like Veers in TESB.

22. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    "Also I'm only in the movie for fifteen minutes tops."

23. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Fifteen minutes is actually quite a bit. Didn't Vader only have 12 minutes of screentime in ANH?

24. Iceko

Iceko Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2016
    So he'll be at least as underwhelming and one-dimensional as in TFA. Well, that's what I'm expecting anyway. Suppose there's no time to invest in him with all these main characters running about doing their thing..

To be honest, the bad guys are terribly represented so far in the ST. I guess that's in part because I don't consider Kylo a straight up bad guy and neither do the directors or Adam Driver himself. That leaves Hux (typical evil Hitler General), Phasma (supposed bad-ass who does nothing and gets taken out for comedic relief) and Snoke (an empty shell of an ultimate bad guy). I just wish there was something more to these guys. And aside from finally seeing Phasma kick ass (presumably) it doesn't look like there will be any improvements over TFA.

25. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I find Hux's speech hilariously awesome. Took guts to have him swing for the fences to that degree. It borders on the absurd, & even crosses into it for some people. I hope he has a similarly memorable scene in TLJ. If he can have one signature moment in each film, that's good enough for me.