main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 22, 2015.

1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Ha. Good point. Let's say eight minutes!

2. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Yeah, but it's pretty typical for SW, I think.
    What did we get in the first two SW movies? If you're not counting Kylo, then I guess we can't count Vader. So that leaves Tarkin, who's on par with Hux, Boba Fett, who's as shallow as Phasma, and the emperor's hologram, which was equivalent to Snoke. None of them was developed at all.
    If we count Vader and Kylo, then I'd say the ST has the advantage since Kylo was given more depth in TFA than Vader was in ANH.

3. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Domhnall Gleeson confirms he will be in third Star Wars movie

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainme...cle_20d04109-e863-55bd-afc5-0af1b7813ac0.html

I think that means that that the studio has the option of using you for three movies, not that it is mandatory for the studio to do so. When Gleeson signed on back in early 2014, I doubt the whole trajectory of his character in particular was completely thought out.

4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Force Ghost Hux confirmed!

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, that doesn't confirm anything. He's just saying he had to sign a three picture deal just in case they wanted to use him for all three. Click baity headline.

6. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    ZY-Fighter likes this.
  7. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    I like that. Nice.

I'm a Hux fan keen to see his character developed, so I'm eager to see what he's up to in the new movie.

11-4D likes this.
  8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Alden Ehrenreich has a multi picture deal too.
    It might mean something. It might not.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  9. ZY-Fighter

Feb 1, 2017
    Remake of the Original Trilogy? :D

10. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i knew it. i knew hux wouldn't die. seriously. he's snoke's perfect boy. i never thought snoke would kill him because of SKB. if snoke has any brains he'll see that wasn't hux's fault. i also secretly suspect snoke is less likely to kill his people over stuff. i think that unlike vader and the emperor he understands that sometimes plans fail and although many played a part in that with their mistakes, mistakes happen and sometimes things don't work out the way you planned. this isn't because he is less evil, but because he is less emotional. it's rational to see this.

Strongbow likes this.
  11. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I hope that given the current political environment, the author doesn’t spend too much time trying to make Hux sympathetic...

12. Iceko

Iceko Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2016

And so did Felicity Jones. And Jyn actually died. So it doesn't mean a whole lot. For Han Solo though, with how immensely popular the character is, I could see another movie at some point if this one delivers..

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  13. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Domhnall Gleeson: “When I read it I needed to talk to him, and I think that’s always a good sign. I was like, ‘Wow there’s some stuff there which is kind of—not scary but different to what I expected,’ and that’s a really, really nice thing. I think that’s a really positive thing, I think that’s important for those films that we don’t repeat ourselves. So I just wanted to talk to him, and when I talked to him he was so clear and so confident, not in a brash way but he knew the film he wanted to make, and it was a really lovely thing. Just [to] sit down with a filmmaker you really enjoy… but to see him, just the confidence of it and his excitement about what it could be and everything, it was really pleasing to see. Very calming. And I got really excited about being in it, and it was a really very, very cool experience working with him. I would love to work with him again, I really enjoyed it.”

“I’m just really interested to see the film now, as well. You never know what something’s gonna be like. Even when you read the script, you don’t know what the tone of something is gonna be. You can guess at it, but I can’t wait to see it. I just wanna sit in a room full of people and watch that movie and see what it does to us.”

“[I found out] like two seconds before, but nothing’s revealed about which, if any of us, are in Episode IX or not. I think it’s really cool that he’s doing it, and I’m interested to see how he approaches it because he’s a superb filmmaker. And it’s closing out—they’re doing it in trilogies aren’t they?… See that’s really cool, J.J. will do a fantastic job.”

http://collider.com/star-wars-8-domhnall-gleeson-interview/

14. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    That's different because in the original script Jyn was supposed to survive the Scariff battle. Reshoots changed that entire movie.

15. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Sympathetic, no. But perhaps they'll make us understand why Hux is as he is. When I saw Silence at the start of this year, I was impressed that the film let the villains explain themselves. I understood why they were doing what they did. It didn't change the fact they were evil terrorists murdering innocents, nor was I sympathetic to their cause. But people acting out of fear of the unknown and the foreigner and therefore engaging in violence is a disturbingly common trait across countries and time. It's worth discussion.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  16. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    in aftermath little hux was being abused by his father and was terrified of the psycho child soldiers his father was training. he was already sadistic as once he had control he forced one of the kids to do something terrible to another and apparently enjoyed it. (i forget what the terrible thing was.)

17. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    I'm looking forward to seeing the dynamics between Hux and Kylo. Clearly two rivals. See how they play off each other assuming they have decent screen time together.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  18. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Absolutely. Just not interested in some of the moral relativism certain authors employ.

19. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Question for Hux fans.

Do you see him surviving the end of Episode IX?

If not, who or how do you think he will be killed?

20. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    really i care most about the fate of millicent the cat. if kylo ends up in prison, maybe he and hux can be cellmates. <3

eta: it also took me until now to realize his cat has orange fur like his hair. i just know that is intentional. there's something of his superiority complex in this.

[​IMG]

B99 and ZY-Fighter like this.
  21. ZY-Fighter

Feb 1, 2017
    #justiceforMillicent

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We've already decided how he's going to die. He's going to be crushed by the foot of one of the AT-M6's during the Battle of Crait.

cerealbox likes this.
  23. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Yeah. Like the Lego set suggest, I see him leading the AT-AT ok Crait because the FO need a named villain for that action sequence.

Other then that, what else could he be doing in the film. Continue bickering with Kylo in front of Snoke?

Give Phasma commands?

24. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Leading the FO's military campaigns. He seems like just the kind of guy that Snoke would give that job to.

25. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I think he’s also on Canto Bight, based on the BTS reel.

thejeditraitor likes this.