main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Phasma?

2. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Doesn't look she is the one considering its implied she is being set up as some sort "boba fett" henchmen...

3. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, well when I read she "has a role the size of Boba Fett in ESB," I didn't take that to mean it would have anything to do with whether she survived or not.

4. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    IF MSW's ending description is correct, Rey has the most chance to be Luke's child.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    That would be nice.

My money is still on a Solo or unrelated.

But it would be nice.

Revanfan1 and starocean90 like this.
  6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    most likely a Solo followed by Skywalker followed by unrelated, that has always been my view on Rey.
    I've always thought she's a Solo (most likely one) but that there was still something that makes me lean towards Skywalker.

nightangel likes this.
  7. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Rey & runs [face_laugh] (evilly)

8. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Most of the evidence points to her being a Solo especially If the Kira Rey stuff turns out to be true. Plus, they seem to be drawing a connection between Rey/Ren. That doesn't work quite as well(imo)as cousins. It also undermines Han's sacrifice instead of elevating it.
    Still, I think you have to take it as a possible outside chance(especially with the flashback stuff). But I would say it has as much likelihood as her being unrelated imo.

9. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    This has always been my belief. Her being a Solo seems too obvious so I'm going with the not so obvious choice.

nightangel, soul8luos and starocean90 like this.
  10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I know but I'm saying that to me I've always doubted her being unrelated from Day 1 and still do
    always thought the most likely is her being a 1)Solo (which seems even more likely now), followed by 2)Skywalker and then 3)unrelated.;)

nightangel likes this.
  11. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    So now that we've established that Gleeson is unfortunately a younger Tarkin role who bites the dust in TFA but has a small role, we learn that Christie's character is also extremely small.:oops:

Gotta say, things are not sounding the way most of us would like to have seen things play out.

I would have to say that if we end up learning that Rey is not Han and Leia's daugther and they ended up not having kids, it would somewhat of a final spike through the heart of this story. Let's [face_praying] that's not what we learn. I'm starting to get a [face_nail_biting]feeling Rey and Kylo may not be connected to the OT3 at all which will make LOT of people feel like [face_dunno]and [face_phbbbbt] and be a big [face_beatup]to fans who really wanted to see the legacy of their favorite characters continue.

Claire1976 and starocean90 like this.
  12. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Has it ever been established in canon that a child must adopt their father's, and not their mother's, last name?

13. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm just glad that, while I definitely would prefer there to be legacy characters, they're not necessary for me to love this new trilogy.

14. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    No, but then again if Rey did adopt her mother's name: She would be an Organa....

It seems to be the practice: Luke took on the name of his father not his mother. Leia took the the name of her adopted father etc...

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  15. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Got it. But since Leia has just as much Skywalker blood as Luke, why does it matter if Rey is Leia's or Luke's son? Either way, the same amount of Skywalker blood is in Rey.

Is it the name, and not the bloodline, that people don't want to die out?

16. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Anyone wonder if Gleeson got the role that was rumored for Cumberbatch, Weaving, or Fassbender? I know there was a rumor that BC's role was switched to female and is now played by Christie, but from the description of Christie's character, I doubt it.

I wonder if Gleeson just completely knocked his audition out of the ball park and was as menacing as Ledger's Joker. Maybe he's pure twisted and evil.

Thing is, they already have a 30-ish year old evil character with a seemingly twisted demeanor in Driver. So......[face_dunno]

17. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

For me, it's LUKE's bloodline that I don't want to die out... not Anakin's. I could care less about Anakin, though of course, a child of Luke's would also be a child of Anakin's. But a child of Leia's would NOT be a child of Luke's. But I also like the iconic Skywalker name.

nightangel likes this.
  18. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    But why are you obsessed with blood? What if Finn, or Rey, and whoever else, exhibit the qualities that you love so much in Luke, and you therefore want their legacy to continue?

Who knows? Maybe you'll become devoted to a new character.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    You people are all like "Oh the Luke/skywalker/whatever bloodline must continue and it has to be through Luke's male child" and I'm just sitting here like "But what about R2! If BB-8 isn't somehow R2s son/daughter then we seriously should roit!" :p

20. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

Why does it have to be either/or? Can't there be both? Maybe I Will come to really like Finn and Rey, but right now, they are totally unknown to me and I haven't liked all I"ve heard about them, especially Finn. However, I know that I like the character of Luke Skywalker, so when he is eventually killed off, I want to be able to follow a child of Luke's into future stories. It will be like a part of him is still present. My mother died recently, and I love that I can still see her here on earth in the faces of her grandchildren. It's like part of her is still with me. So too, I'd like to be able to follow Luke's kid into future adventures, as Han/Leia fans will likely be able be able to follow their probable daughter's future adventures when they're gone. It's as simple as that.

starocean90 and nightangel like this.
  21. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    It doesn't have to be either/or. It could be both. But the writers, for the purposes of the story they are telling, might not go with both. I'm just suggesting that if Luke doesn't end up with any progeny, you might end up happy anyway, because his moral legacy lives on with Rey (and perhaps Finn and Poe). Or, you'll hate it. Just keep open the possibility that all will be well.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

You're talking to the wrong dude about this. I could care less if the story was about a Skywalker or not. I don't watch these movies for bloodlines. I like Luke Skywalker not because he is a Skywalker but because he is Luke.

Some people are more passionate about this than others.

23. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Wait. Maybe R2 is enslaved by a little flying alien after ROTJ, and during his enslavement, he manages to construct BB-8? I bet that's the main plot-line of this new Aftermath book.

24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

To keep the interest, I really anticipate a Luke offspring for future adventures. Regarding Solo offspring or unrelated, I would check that from time to time, but it would not be my main interest. That's just how I feel about it. ;)

To explain why, I just grew up with Luke and I want to follow his heir. For me this demands an offspring. The same I do for music bands that I grew up with, I still follow them after 20-30 years. ;)

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  25. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Skywalkers are not mandatory for big interest in future stories. Rogue One is a great canon example. The Old Republic (fiction) is a great non-canon example. Star Wars is far more than Skywalkers and Solos.

HanSolo29 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.