main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    If the first order is in a similar position to what the rebellion was in the ot then it is entirely possible for a general that young, remeber Han was all of like 34 in rotj and he was a general and luke was a squardron commander at 23.

I have a feeling that there is a cold war going on in these movies and the first order and resistance are splinter groups on the outer rim that are gonna turn it into a hot war before the end of the force awakens.

Big Boss, Tommytom, Rabs and 2 others like this.
  2. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think that very well almost sttled it. But you know, there was still the thing that the original rumor said he was playing an imperial commander under a secret identity. But MSW said he dies during TFA, and the rumors about Benicio del Toro, reported by the big trades (so it is pretty serious) would add weight to that. I think Kylo and Snoke had 0% chance to leave the saga after TFA, so it was between Phasma and Hux. But it seems Phasma is the new Fett, the super stormie with the cool armor.

This thread got speed because a lot of us thought Gleeson could be playing Luke´s son. There were strong signs that made me doubt about it, though: the low billing, Boyega and Ridley looking like the big leads (and honestly, is Luke´s son was to be involved, I would have expected him to be THE lead of the story, not a secondary character), etc. When back in February MSW reported that rumor, I really started believing it. But it leasted less than a month to be honest. They were quick to say, based on the sheets, there was no trace of him being a Skywalker.

If Luke is going to have any offspring, which I seriously doubt, I think the only chance is that Rey is the one. Or that that character is introduced in the next two movies. But I find that even less likely.

3. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    If Hux is a one-off villain, then I'd say the chances of Del Toro being the big First Order admiral/general for Eps 8 and 9 are fairly high. Although, I'd rather they stick with a British actor for the "imperials" and get Mark Strong or Clive Owen, but I digress.

I'm actually OK with Hux dying in TFA. One of the baddies has to bite it, and it could be a really cool death scene with the First Order super weapon blowing up. I'm sure Gleeson will nail that part.

Tommytom likes this.
  4. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

What if the rumors about him being a double agent are true and he dies helping to sabotage the weapon? Then Snoke would send in Del Toro as a non-Force user Darth Vader (no nonsense, non-forgiving type) type to up the ante.

5. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    So, I've been wondering something....why does Hux keep getting compared to Tarkin? other than being a high ranking military commander?

6. sterling3763

sterling3763 Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I don't really get it either. Sure, they're both high-ranking military commanders with sunken cheeks who are in charge of super-weapons and prone to acts of severity/cruelty. But beyond that there are not a whole lot of similarities.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  7. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    uh huh...okay then

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Hux is evil because he needs a hug?

9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i think it's because tarkin was in charge of the ds and hux is in charge of the starkiller base and both are superweapons.

Revanfan1 and darklordoftech like this.
  10. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    It´s pretty much the same role based on what we know. A high ranking baddie´s officer that is in charge of the new superweapon and gets dies in the first movie. Sure they are not 100% the same character, but the fill the same narrative purpose IMO.

11. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Or what if he is a dyed in the wool Imperial who grows a conscience and sabotages the weapon. Moff JerJerrod was almost going to be like that in ROTJ but they cut it out of the story.

Valairy Scot, Granek and PCCViking like this.
  12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Wow, can't believe this was on page 4. Yikes. Anyway, I just saw the right-hand picture of Hux for the first time.

[​IMG]

I think this is actually one of the more interesting images I've seen of him yet, because it's the first image of him we've seen where he's not scowling. :p

I have this image as my avatar right now, but I can't wait until an HD version of this image comes out. He may be a bad guy, but I'm still really looking forward to Gleeson's character. Sometimes, the bad guys are enjoyable, too (take Ben Linus from LOST–although he does go good, in the end, but still).

13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  14. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Alzheimer's is sneaky.

15. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Not sure if you guys have been following the toys thead, but there is a card game with Kylo Ren that describes him as the commander of the First Order. That would make General Hux second in the chain of command after Snoke.

[​IMG]

Big Boss likes this.
  16. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    He looks like a dashing evil bastard, love me some Gleeson ('old' or 'new') - talented lad.

17. SoloBrothers

SoloBrothers Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2013
    The legitimacy of those cards is in question right now

18. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    If Gleeson does indeed die in TFA and they bring in Del Toro as a villain I could easily see Del Toro as a darksider. He would be a really creepy and eccentric Sith/Inquisitor or whatever the darksiders are going to be. If they decided to go that route that is. Of course he would be just as creepy and eccentric as a devious military savant. But how bad ass would it be to see Del Toro with a lightsaber?[face_hypnotized]

19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    starocean90 likes this.
  20. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I think Del Toro will play a new military loyal to Kylo, the new Vader in his view. Hux seems to be loyal to Snoke so I believe VIII will show Kylo´s ascension to power and how he kills Snoke.

21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no it's not.

22. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Not what I'd prefer to see. I don't hate this idea it's just my second choice. I'd prefer Luke's story arc see him start up a new order and then have him take out Snoke while Rey takes out Kylo. It would be reminiscent of the Yoda/Sidious duel and the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel. Only this time The Grand Master wins and Rey finishes Kylo where Obi-Wan left Anakin alive. I know it probably wont go down this way but it would be a perfect way to have everything come full circle.

23. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I noticed how everyone used to Joke that Domnhall had a beard he looked like General Crix Madine now we know he's actually playing a General Hux in TFA
    Crix & Hux coincidence? lol

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    So Supreme Leader > Commander > General?

25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Probably. Yes. :p

Tommytom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.