main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    My sense is that Gleeson has not seen the cut of your jib, and therfore has little idea if he likes it.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    In the same interview Gleeson also states that "We put our heart and soul into it. I saw how hard everybody was working on it." so can we stop pretending he thinks the movie is bad?

3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

this ^^^^, this ^^^^, and this: "I think it's got a shot" [at satisfying the fans]

4. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    It's gonna be hard to satisfy all the fans tbh. The expectations for this new Star Wars film (the first in 10 years) and one many fans have been waiting for since 1983 are just too damn high!

5. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    The fact is, wisely, he's being pragmatic. There ain't a cat in hell's chance that everyone is going to like TFA... let alone love it... and that will be compunded even more if the actors et al start saying things like "everyone is going to think this is great", "it's the best Star Wars film" etc. etc. Smart of him to take a step back.

Big Boss likes this.
  6. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    This is similar to what Mark Hamill said some time ago. Something along the lines of "It`s just a movie. Those who expect something something earth-shattering are going to be dissappointed". That isn`t negative, just realistic.

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Darth_Voider and nightangel like this.
  8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    As if the "Maybe Hux is a Skywalker in disguise" rumors weren't dead enough :p

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    what does this have to do with the Skywalker in disguise rumors?[face_dunno]

nightangel likes this.
  10. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Well if that is Hux's ancestor (or whatnot) then the chances of....ahh whatever. They're both people who are probably gunna die. It's their lot in life :p

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    What is Brendol's role? Is he an Imperial? If so, odds are he's Hux's dad/uncle/whatever.

starocean90 likes this.
  12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    no idea I haven't read it yet, just interesting that there is a Hux in a book series about Imperials and Imperial secret Academy and then almost 40 years later we have a General Hux in the successor of the Empire, the First Order.:)

nightangel and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    The only things about Hux I'm convinced of are: He's a fiercely ruthless piece of work. And, he won't make it beyond VII.

14. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    The only thing about Hux I'm concerned of is his name... Both Hux and Snoke are awful names imo. Especially Snoke though lol.

15. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    I get what you're saying. But this is a new era. We're now beyond names like Sidious and Tyrannus that scream 'bad guy'. These new evils are going to instil fear, dread and genuine menace much like The Emperor did in ROTJ. The Emperor in itself is not a very intensely fear inducing title. It's the way the character was portrayed that convinced you of his threat. The same dynamic will apply to Hux and Snoke I think.

16. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Yep. What I'm excited for is how Gleeson will be portraying this guy. As far as I'm concerned, he hasn't really played a character who was unabashedly evil (but I know I could be totally wrong about that, as I haven't even seen most of his older work), so I'm thoroughly curious how he goes about Hux. Calm and collected? Or ruthless and snarling at the most unexpected times?

Jcuk likes this.
  17. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

It maybe the Hagrid (from Harry Potter) theory of naming names: the sillier they sound, the more dangerous they are. :p

18. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    I agree. I rate Gleeson as an actor, he's got talent. Perhaps his portrayal of Hux will be a mix of both traits? But with both being secondary to his fierce ambition and loyalty to the FO. Who knows though, perhaps Hux won't end up being one dimensional? Maybe there'll be some depth there...

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    just went into the lit board and the spoilers concerning Hux are there, seems like he's an Imperial and there is more info on him (although book spoilers). Also since he isn't an old man I think, it's his potential father.:)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015

what is this from? is the book canon or legends??

also, im not so sure Hux is going to die in this. possibly in 8? this will depend on his characters importance, obviously. but if some are still saying (and rightfully so, not disproven) that Hux is a potential Skywalker, i doubt very much he'll be gone in 7. even the MSW isnt totally sure. even if he isnt a skywalker, i think i like his look, and possibly his character, so im hoping he isnt culled in TFA

21. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    It came out yesterday, so it's canon. I don't think it's a coincidence that we have a Hux in TFA and now another one in this book.

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Both red-headed, and "Imperial," no less.

starocean90 likes this.
  23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Imperial uniform, ginger hair, britishness that you just want to slap out of him. He is no doubt a relative of general hux. :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    "Red hair, an Imperial uniform, you must be a Hux." (spoken in a Draco Malfoy-type of way :p )

25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    What happens to a boy who grows up in a pool of sharks? Who has never even learned the values of compassion and mercy and certainly never ever was treated with human decency himself? The other sharks would sacrifice him for any small advantage, so why not do the same and be even meaner? Who has the sharpest teeth will rule.

DaddlerTheDalek and Jcuk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.