main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zalbaar

Zalbaar Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2016
    I thought his speech on Starkiller was a phenomenal piece of acting. He had a real leadership and authority about him. I'm really interested to see how he'll develop.

2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I have to chuckle when certain people criticize that as being "over the top," like it's a bad thing. Is it over the top, probably. But go online, find some videos of old dictators/warlords giving speeches, and watch them. They're frequently really over the top and theatrical, that's part of the point.

Heck even people like FDR, or JFK, or Winston Churchill, etc could use a lot of theatricality in their speeches at time.

3. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    From Caleb (Ex Machina) to General Hux (TFA)... What a change in character for Domhnall, and considering both movies were released in 2015!

Caleb Smith
    [​IMG]

General Hux
    [​IMG]

4. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    From Bill Weasely:

[​IMG]

To General Hux.

5. Zdarlight

Zdarlight Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2016
    Who cares if it's over the top - it's scary as hell! And that's the best thing about Hux: he might be a bit of a weed, and he looks like he probably hasn't actually been on the front line in a battle in his life, but he's terrifying. I don't want to be so quick to make Hitler comparisons but I just did so hey ho there we go :D

Every time I've seen the movie I've had to go online and look at some pictures of Domhnall Gleeson just to remind myself that he does actually look like this most of the time:

[​IMG]

Cuddly. Not terrifying. That's just some darn good acting right there (and a good haircut)

6. VanLiz

VanLiz Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2002

I'll bet he runs to Snoke every time Kylo does something wrong to try to get him into trouble. Just like the people at work.

7. Millennium Falcon 888

Jan 6, 2016
    This guy had an amazing year in 2015... From Brooklyn and Ex Machina to TFA and The Revenant, all of Domhnall's movies were well-received and three also got nominated for Academy Awards.

Not bad for a guy who's some Nazi-like General commandeering a large group of Stormtroopers and having issues with his co-leader wearing a mask!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

8. Rhyoth

Rhyoth Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I recently stumbled on 3-4 doubtful sources mentionning General Hux having a pet. Apparently, it would be a ginger cat with an overly compicated name (4 or 5 syllabs ... in a galaxy were human names barely reach 2...).

Does anyone here knows if this is actually canon (and if so, from which source), or is that just a popular fanfic invention ?

9. gizka

gizka Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2016
    [​IMG]
    It's a cute little joke from Pablo ;)

DL44Jo and Rhyoth like this.
  10. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    The idea of THIS GUY being a cat guy is actually kind of hilarious. I'd kind of like to see it.

"THEY WILL BOW BEFORE US!!! NOW GO FEED FLUFFY FOR ME!!"

11. gizka

gizka Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2016
    From what I've seen of tumblr and Pablo's twitter feed in the ~2 days since, Millicent will clearly be the next Boba Fett fan favorite. TR-8R who??

Rhyoth and T-R- like this.
  12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    So I was watching 2010's True Grit for my American Lit II class and I thought the actor who portrayed Moon sounded a bit familiar...turns out, I was right!

[​IMG]

I did not recognize him at first but his voice sounded so familiar that I had a serious hunch. I could not believe it when I checked IMDB and realized it was Gleeson. This dude has, like, an endless range of personas, or something!

AmySolo and T-R- like this.
  13. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    Also the Revenant... This guy is everywhere now! And picking incredible movies and roles!

T-R- likes this.
  14. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    And of course Dredd. Which is quite possibly the most accurate adaptation of comic to film ever! (and a legitimately brilliant film in it's own right.)

SkooterNB, AmySolo and Cmndr_Thire like this.
  15. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
  16. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    He was all like we're going to blow up a whole system yall and got a little worked up. Perfectly understandable.

AmySolo likes this.
  17. Zdarlight

Jan 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, those two <3

18. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    These Gleesons are everywhere these days...star wars, rebellion and even assassins creed. I'm sure as hell not complaining.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Brendan Gleeson is one of the most underrated working actors today.

20. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Confirmed Hux was Leia's double agent.

DL44Jo likes this.
  21. Diddy Minty

Diddy Minty Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2016
  22. Zdarlight

Jan 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

Tumblr is having an absolute field day with Millicent.

23. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    I haven't dissected every piece of dialogue at this point...after only 3 viewings, but I was just thinking...it seemed to come across that Hux is awfully proud of the stormtrooper program like he developed it. Gleeson is 32 so let's say Hux is close to the same age. The picture of Finn as a little boy was probably what 15-20 years before TFA? Doesn't seem like Hux would be in a position to conceive and implement a 'recruitment' and training program of that magnitude when he was a teenager. Although, if Kylo was a teen when he first started with the FO...who knows?

I wonder how a young guy like Hux gets to his position. Is he Snoke's nephew or something? I can picture a scene where Snoke tells Kylo, "Yeah, he's my sister's kid. What was I supposed to do?"

And to go in a completely different direction, he gave me a Ewan McGregor vibe the last time I watched it.

24. Millennium Falcon 888

Jan 6, 2016
    Domhnall really struck gold in 2015, with so many good movies that he appeared in, some of which were nominated for Academy Awards too... All of which are characters different from each other, which only goes to showcase the man's amazing acting ability - he definitely got it from his old man!

[​IMG]
    General Hux in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"

[​IMG]
    Caleb in "Ex Machina"

[​IMG]
    Jim Farrell in "Brooklyn"

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

DL44Jo likes this.
  25. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    It's a good question - I'm hoping they release a novel that focuses on Hux like the Tarkin novel. And it has been said that Snoke isn't human so not related to Hux, but I liked your take - that would have been great dialogue. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.