main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Of course we know that. A princess that is also a Kenobi as well as a manager would never be that BSK :D

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  2. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    You look serious on your avatar. :D

VMeran, CairnsTony and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  3. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Lucas hasn't 'gone into production' on the ST though. He did a treatment as part of the sale. It's Disney who have gone into production. And again, 'rebuilding the Republic', 'passing on what you have learnt' etc. my mother could have told you that. That's broad strokes stuff at best. As for the 'love interest'... I'll take that bet. Luke may have a kid, but he won't have a wife... she'll be long dead.

1997 wasn't really during promotion of the PT... but anyway, whilst what you state is interesting, it's complete supposition. I remember the build up to the PT pretty well and everyone was stoked for it... fans at that time were very eager to see Jedi in their prime and the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker. Lucas didn't need to downplay any talk of an ST because people were very much interested in the notion of the prequels anyway. It would be a bit like Marvel saying they are making no more superhero/comic book films because they don't want anyone looking past the next Avengers one. It would be a bit stupid... in terms of PR and marketing... and Lucas was never stupid... in fact he was/is as sharp as a shard of glass.

4. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Nothing to do with Star Wars really, but Domhnall was on Colbert last night playing keyboards in a band with the cast of the movie Frank.

From this we can infer that he WASN'T doing anything Star Wars related at the time, and also that he may or may not play keyboards in Episode VII.

5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Here are the Star Wars bits
    ComingSoon.net: You and I are both aware of the secrecy behind a project like "Star Wars: Episode VII".
    Domnhall Gleeson:
    Yeah.

CS: I'm not going to ask you questions that will disrespect the NDA that you signed but will hopefully still give us insight into the film: How is the food on the "Star Wars" set?
    Gleeson:
    Excellent. Excellent food. Really really good. You can go really healthy and it'll still be tasty.

CS: Because of what happened to Harrison?
    Gleeson:
    (laughs) No comment. When you walk from your trailer to the set -you're in Pinewood Studios- you have to put on a big, black cloak thing to cover all of your
    clothes, like full length, 'cause they're worried about people seeing costumes and stuff. It's crazy.

CS: So far it's worked pretty well.
    Gleeson:
    There's a guy in that window out there with a sniper rifle trained on you and another one that's trained on me right now and they can hear every word we're saying, and if you ask a question that disrespects the NDA there's just going to be a *poof*.
    CS: I asked him (Gleeson's Dad) if he gave you any advice for the onslaught of fame you're about to go through, and he said you were beyond advice at this point in your life.
    Gleeson:
    I think he's being very nice to me there. I think he's respecting me publicly, but the truth is I ask my father for advice all the time and everybody needs advice but you'd be foolish not to seek it out from someone like him, who's a very good man and a very good actor. The fame thing we've talked about at various points, but the truth is you never know where it's going to come from. When my dad did "Harry Potter" we thought everything was gonna go nuts for him and it wasn't "Harry Potter" that made everything nuts for him, it was "In Bruges" and then "The Guard" in terms of walking down the street and getting stopped a lot. Those are the movies that did it and they're not the ones you'd expect. So just because I'm doing "Star Wars" doesn't mean that'll be the thing that makes people stop me in the street. Maybe they won't EVER, so it'll be fine.
    CS: That said, what is THE WORST bit of advice someone gave you after you got the role in "Star Wars"?
    Gleeson:
    The worst bit of advice? Oh I'm beyond advice, I thought we were through this. No I don't know. Let me think… (pause) No, no one can give me advice on "Star Wars" because nobody knows what I'm doing in "Star Wars." The only advice I've gotten is from people like J.J., and that's always good advice!
    CS: You can take that to the bank.
    Gleeson:
    Yeah, exactly. I don't even have a funny fake one for you there, there's nothing I can think of.

CS: Well I have three words for you: "STAR WARS GROUPIES."
    Gleeson:
    Oh yeah?

CS: They're gonna have action figures of ya, dude.
    Gleeson:
    (laughs)

Immortiss, Revanfan1 and CairnsTony like this.
  7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    New Info From Gleeson
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...der-domhnall-gleeson-jj-abrams_n_5660109.html
    Gleeson stopped by HuffPost Live on Thursday to chat about his new movie, "Frank," which co-stars Michael Fassbender and comes out Aug. 15. Gleeson, who has been cast in the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII," said all he could about the film -- which isn't much. "I get sick in my mouth every time someone brings up 'Star Wars.' I'm so nervous I'm going to give something away. I just get a faraway look in my eyes and try to remain calm," Gleeson told host Ricky Camilleri with a laugh. "You sign a massive, big, long contract thing ... and then they send you a one-page thing that says, 'Here is what you're allowed to talk about.' And then there's just a big empty page. It says you're allowed to say you're excited to be in the movie. That's it."

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What if he says more? Will he combust?

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    New Gleeson Interview with Video (my computer is working like crap so the video is not showing)
    Now, Domhnall Gleeson is poised to become a sci-fi icon when Star Wars: Episode VII hits in the winter of 2015. But what can he tell us about his involvement in the wildly anticipated sequel?

Of course, I did press for Gleeson to talk a bit about Star Wars, asking the Irish actor if he had a chance to shoot in his homeland when production touched down there last week. As I'd suspected, he wasn't going to give away even the tiniest hint. (Leave that to Episode VII's director.) However, Gleeson did show me his "Star Wars face" in the above video, and playfully detailed exactly how strict his confidentiality contract is.

Leaping into a franchise as established,
    sprawling and beloved as Star Wars can be intimidating. But if anyone could offer advice on how to handle such a feat, it's Michael Fassbender, who entered the Alien series as the calculating android David of Prometheus. We also want to share the incredible words of advice Fassbender offered Gleeson (a metaphorical Padawan under his storied co-star if nothing else) about his venture into the complicated world of space sagas.

Fassbender initially demurred to give advice. But when Gleeson seemed eager for some, he offered:
    "Imagine the universe is bigger than you. And you're just a tiny part in that universe. But also an essential part because without the many tiny parts, there would be no universe. Can you remember all that?"​

VMeran and CairnsTony like this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  11. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    Domhnall Gleeson is playing Max Reebo. Confirmed!

Immortiss and Darth Eddie like this.
  12. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    starocean90, you should post this stuff over in the 'Cast Quotes' thread too. Saves me doing it.;)

13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Sorry but can you do it for me, my computer is slow.

CairnsTony likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Do you want us to get out and push?

D'an, fishtailsam, VMeran and 2 others like this.
  15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    It is good to finally get something from him.

16. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Thanks for all the links, starocean90!

The video of him on the Huffington Post is interesting. He's very cute and personable, but also talks about how great JJ, the script and the other actors are. And at the very end, he does mention that JJ is a great director who's good at directing the actors as well as directing action scenes.

For him to be able to say that, he's got to have been filming and working with JJ at least a bit so far. So that's heartening!

17. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    It must be pretty intimidating to be Domhnall Gleeson (or John Boyega or Daisy). You know, life's still normal these days yet, but you know fame and stardom is coming, for good or bad but it's coming and it's going to hit very hard. The deadline is december 2015. After that everything's gonna be insane and things will change dramatically forever. Right now it's the calm before the storm.

starocean90 and CairnsTony like this.
  18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Haha! Love his 'Star Wars face'!

It's great to finally hear something from him - thanks for posting the link! :)

Hitchhiking-Ghost and CairnsTony like this.
  19. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Anyone else agree he looks very Luke-like in that Huffington post video? I couldn't help but notice that he reminded me very much of Luke in ANH. It CAN'T be a coincidence that his hair is currently cut and styled like that.

T-R-, ChildOfWinds, Visitant and 4 others like this.
  20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Revanfan1 and TheBBP like this.
  21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It's not confirmed! He could be Luke's plumber for all we know!

VMeran and TheBBP like this.
  22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Is Luke clogging the pipes more often in his advanced state?

23. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Lucas did go into production. The films are being made. Just because he isn't the director doesn't mean his films didn't go into production.

Your mother could have told you the PT was about the fall of the Republic, Anakin becoming Vader, and the birth of the twins. That's broad strokes at best. The same strokes GL had forthe ST.

I am sorry you believed the whole ToDV marketing ploy, but it is apparent that there was always a ST that followed LUke and company past VI andthe end of darth vader.

1997 was most certainly during the promotion of the pt as that's when he started production on it . Completely different from your Marvel analogya nd heres' why. From the time Lucas announced the pT, in every interview, he was asked about the ST. He did need to downplay it because as excited as everyone was for the PT he was constantly asked about the ST. He was trying to promote the PT and was constantly asked about the ST.

Hogsquattle and Ryus like this.
  24. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

ToDV?

25. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Lucas didn't go into production. He sold Lucasfilm along with, what we are led to believe, a treatment for sequels to Disney. That's the sad truth of it. I wish these were going to be Lucas' films and stories... but it's looking increasingly unlikely given some of the information we've had about scriptwriters being sacked, plot/characters taking a change in direction etc. etc. If the ST stays true to Lucas' broad treatment, we will be lucky.

As for plot elements we were given for the PT vs the ST. Again you are wrong. We knew which characters would be involved in the PT. We knew that it would focus on Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship. We knew that Anakin would fall to the darkside and become Darth Vader. We knew we'd see how Palpatine became Emperor. That's not broad strokes. That's fundamental, even without the detail. Tell me, which characters are going to be the focus of the ST? Who will be the villain? Who will be the main protagonist? Give me one set piece or scene that you know will feature in the ST that I could have given you about the PT in the early 90's e.g. Obi-Wan versus Anakin. The twins being hidden etc. etc. You can't... because you don't know, we don't know. I'd hazzard a guess that until the final script was completed, JJ and Lucas didn't even know.

But you've provided no evidence for this. It's entirely suppostion on your part based on random quotes from Lucas, which he then counters saying that the story was done by ROTJ. There is no conspiracy.

Again unless you can provide links or quotes I'll have to take your claims as what they are i.e. purely anecdotal. I've read literally hundreds of interviews about the PT, and I don't recall a single article (pre TPM) where he's being constantly asked about sequels over the prequels. Of course people (myself included) were always interested in seeing Han, Luke et al back on screen... but that's not really what you are trying to argue is it? You're trying to imply that Lucas was forced to lie about the prospects of sequels because there was less interest in prequels. And I say that's utter spurious rubbish. As soon as Lucas announced that he wanted to make prequels, it seems to me that most people were stoked at the idea of seeing Anakin/Vader's story... featuring a young Obi-Wan, Yoda etc. etc. And again, I think you're too into this notion of conspiracy theory.

Immortiss and Darth_Zidious like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.