main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

I predict Hux dies in 8. Maybe Kylo kills him. Would we feel bad? I never felt bad for the Imperials Vader killed in Empire. It would be kind of refreshing if the FO had a new general in charge for Episode 9. Maybe he'd be someone who's more of a puppet to Kylo who is the Big Bad by then.

2. FirstOrder

FirstOrder Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 26, 2015
    Hux looked pissed off in all his scenes in TFA so God knows what he'll look like by the time VIII comes out!

3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    He looked smug when he told Snoke that Kylo snatched the girl, thinking he didn't need the droid anymore.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I asked God and He told me to **** off.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  5. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
  6. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014

I actually felt a connection with Motti and Tagge and Veers and Ozzel and Piett and Jerjerrod. Don't know why, but I did.

I like Hux, but I can't say I would be too upset if he died in 8, just based on what we've seen of him so far. It's possible he could have some good screen time in 8 that would change that, though

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I wanna see what happened to his Dad. Brendol Hux they've been setting him up now hard!

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I heard a rumour that in episode 8 Hux will be killed by Kylo after making a powerful speech
    His last world will be SCHTONK!

9. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    [​IMG]

[face_love] (not sure if i can post this. but hux has his one redeeming quality of serving our feline overlords)

10. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I love cats, and resent their association with evil people.

11. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Lol. Pablo LOVES that picture.

oncafar likes this.
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    That's one huge kitty.

oncafar likes this.
  13. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Super pissed off. But after that, dead. Kylo's patience may not last.

nightangel likes this.
  14. IMightRegretThisUsername

IMightRegretThisUsername Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 19, 2016
    Will Hux will face punishment for the destruction of Starkiller Base? Tarkin didn't because..well, obviously. I can't imagine Snoke letting him off easy, considering the cost of this weapon.

15. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Kylo failed to bring Snoke the girl. Will he be punished as well.

16. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    It didn't seem like Snoke was particularly angry about the SKB destruction. It looked like losing the droid to the Resistance pissed him off more.

Also, Hux was the only one who accomplished anything for the FO in that movie. He was the one who got the idea to destroy the Republic and cut off the support to the Resistance (which he effectively destroyed) and he also found out the location of the Resistance base. Really, Snoke should give Hux a medal instead and make him his new apprentice.

Darth Smurf and oncafar like this.
  17. IMightRegretThisUsername

Sep 19, 2016

Yes, I have no doubt Kylo will be punished. His training will consist of pain and torture, in attempts to drive that weakness out of him. Snoke may have felt he held back against Rey and wants him to be even angrier when facing her again.

Also, their situation is different. I should you have you know that girl is strong with the Force. Untrained, but stronger than she knows. Hux is a military commander in charge of a base that was destroyed on its first firing. It hurt the Resistance greatly, yes, but it still could've been of much use later on.

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  18. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    With Kylo going to AhCh-To, who's going to lead the FO in TLJ. Unless the fall back base is also where Snoke is located.

19. IMightRegretThisUsername

Sep 19, 2016

His punishment can be a simple demotion. And I can't imagine Snoke cant find or doesnt already have another commander, especially if there is another base.

20. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    That cat is on to Kylo.

La Calavera and oncafar like this.
  21. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    to me hux and snoke seem to have a better relationship than kylo and snoke. hux is efficient and provides alternative solutions when things go wrong. he also is less wayward: he follows snoke's wishes to a tee and makes sure he's acting according to snoke's priorities. if i were snoke, i'd want to keep him around. there would be no point in punishing him because he is so committed.

but as i've said many times, i don't think snoke is as big on things like punishment and vengeance as the sith. when hux says he takes responsibility for losing the droid in the beginning, snoke just cuts him off and calls for a different strategy. he's not interested in assigning blame and then punishment.

that said, his relationship with kylo ren may be different. in the novelization when snoke jumps to saying they have to destroy the resistance system, kylo objects employing his apparently bad logic about how he can still get the map to luke from rey with help... and snoke tells him that he'd said before he wouldn't "fail" snoke when it came time to destroy the resistance.

the whole thing is strange since kylo is so set on his one priority of finding luke, that he doesn't even really care that he lost the droid and the resistance may now have it. once he knows where luke is, perhaps he thinks he can just go there and kill him. problem solved. he's not really in touch with reality in this as luke would win, as snoke well knows.

anyway i await to see what snoke does in response to kylo's "failures" and if it will still follow being less interested in punishment and vengeance than sith characters were. in his cold way i think he just wants his evil plans to come to fruition and wants the most constructive way to accomplish that.

La Calavera likes this.
  22. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Yeah, not many people realize that Hux was the competent one in TFA...he actually did a good job and succeeded in his tasks. It was Ren who let BB-8 escape with the map, mistakenly believing Rey was all the FO needed. Hux didn't hesitate in his task of destroying the Hosnian system. And there really wasn't much he could've done about SKB...he didn't fail; the weapon simply didn't have enough time to fire before the Resistance fleet attacked.

I expect him to have a very important role in The Last Jedi; Snoke should reward him.

oncafar likes this.
  23. akaydia41188

akaydia41188 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2016

oncafar likes this.
  24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    ...versus Gary, of course.

25. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Poor Hux.

Phasma gets new Executioner troopers. Snoke gets Praetorian guards. Kylo gets to hang with his Knights of Ren.

Armitage, meanwhile, gets squat.

La Calavera likes this.