main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    The shock of Luke breaking his oath of celibacy would work at any point in the story. ;)

2. Varinnia

Varinnia Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 15, 2014
    Hoggsquattle Forget it.

How boring sunday, news, pics, anything [face_laugh]

3. Cartoon Boba

Cartoon Boba Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Since when has there been a 'billing order'? :confused:

4. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    when did he take an oath of celebacy? well after finding out that you made out with your sister you wouldn't want to take any more chances I guess lol

I could see Yoda talking about Celibacy would play out

YODA: A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, The most serious mind
    LUKE : I'm ready
    YODA: Also a Jedi can never get laid
    LUKE: *beat* I don't think I want to be a Jedi anymore

5. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Just saw this film called "About Time" starring Dom and Racheal McAdams.

Gleeson is a very strong actor , and funny as hell too.

All it made me think of was how severely under utilized he was in Harry Potter.

6. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    When did Luke take an oath of celibacy? When did any Jedi?

I meant I didn't understand this - "Honestly I am surprised your post, you're very kind."

7. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

Well Harry Potter is based off a book, screen time is kinda built in.

Toonimator likes this.
  8. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Watched "about time" last night. Has given me so much confidence in Dom, he will be the greatest actor that ever lived, surpassing Alec Baldwin.

9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    lately i've been thinking and (after watching the LOTR movies in preparation for the BOTFA) If Dom is playing the son of luke then i wouldn't mind seeing his character arc be that of Aragorn. (you know him forsaking his birthright) but as the sequel trilogy goes on he becomes the Jedi his father and others know he can be. and when his father is struck down, he takes up his father's lightsaber and defends his cousin (if Ridley is playing a Solo) and the new Protagonist (Boyega).

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe he's the Piett of this trilogy. A functionary serving Kylo Ren and his Imperial faction...

who of course is revealed to be Luke's son in the very last scene of Episode IX when he stabs Ren in the back. End trilogy. :p

11. DarthRosie

DarthRosie Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2014
    Here is my thought based on the early reports saying something to the effect that the main character is in the background until the end, what if he is a Skywalker and a main character but is also the first spinoff is actually about him away from the other main 2 or 3 characters? Thinking along the lines of Episodes 7/8/9 are like the Avengers where as the "Spinoffs" are actually the individual character movies of the main heroes (usually in 3 movies vs. just a single spinoff). He could be a Skywalker and we find out at the end, to later be taken on his single journey away from Daisy/John/Isaac in 2016.

12. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    that's a very interesting hypothesis you got there.

13. DarthRosie

DarthRosie Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2014
    Well the report was that they wanted Star Wars to follow the Marvel model. It is just a thought that maybe they really are going to follow the many phases of Marvel all within the same universe. So instead of going backwards, they would create characters to provide spinoff trilogies and a young Skywalker would provide all those stories we never got of Luke on the big screen.

14. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I hope not - Gleeson is awesomely talented.

No offence to the Piett guy - who was awesome in Star Wars. The Imperial Wedge. More important, in fact.

15. Varinnia

Jul 15, 2014
    Dom talks to Ryan about the upcoming Star Wars movie and his love of the previous films.

16. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Well that escalated quickly. The more I see of him talking about Star Wars, the more eager I become to know what role he is playing!!!

Revanfan1 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  17. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000

I've been dying to know since they cast him.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  19. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  20. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
  21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    hmmm - possibly. I just found it on the Huff, linked it and realized that it A) said bugger all and B) may be old data, pay it no mind.

22. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

Meh We got Lupita maybe signing on to play an Alien (Puppet) now She is a Rising Star. Dom aint even close.

23. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Would you say the same about Boyega, Ridley or Isaacs? You seem to forget the fact that JJ is deliberately casting relatively unknown actors for the lead roles, just like George Lucas did back in the 70's. Harrison Ford was actually a rising star back then though, thanks to his commitment to American Graffiti which was a huge box office success. From what little we know, Domhnall Gleeson could very well be playing a large role.

I think the trailer did a good job with not revealing too much information on the film. Basically everything they showed us were things we already knew, and we ended up not knowing more or less about the film even after watching the trailer hundreds of times.

They didn't show us the big three, because that's what everyone wants to see. They didn't show us who were igniting the lightsaber, because thats what everyone wants to see. They didnt show us who was riding the Millenium Falcon, because that's what everyone wants to see.

They showed us characters that we already thought would be some of the main characters, i.e Boyega and Ridley. Isaac as an X-wing pilot could mean anything, both minor, middle or large role. They didn't show us the characters that are the most suspicious ones - i.e Andy Serkis, Max von Sydow and Domhnall Gleeson. My personal guess is that if they did, it would reveal far too much about their characters and the upcoming storyline. They want to surprise us!!!

Varinnia likes this.
  24. Varinnia

Jul 15, 2014
    Don and Oscar together.

But in Alex Garland's movie Ex_Machina ;)

starocean90 likes this.
  25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Still nice of you, though. [face_love]

DarthBreezy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.