main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Ugh. I wouldn't click on the express or Daily Mail if they had an exclusive interview with Kylo Ren.

Krueger and kip73 like this.
  2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    They have. It's fascinating and very spoilerific.

Trebor Sabreon and Flapjack4 like this.
  3. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    But Kylo Ren might be a Sith, so you probably couldn't believe a darn thing that the punk said

Flapjack4 likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Domhnall Gleeson has admitted he found it “so cool” that some of Star Wars was shot in Ireland.
    The Dubliner will shoot to even greater heights with his role in The Force Awakens – which was partly filmed in Kerry.
    And the 31-year-old said it was particularly amazing seeing his home country being featured, as part of a hugely thrilling experience.
    He added: “I’ve been on big sets before, like Harry Potter, and it was very grand, I had experience of that.
    “But Star Wars is another thing and frankly I had an amazing time. I just buzzed about. I’ll be happy when all that stuff is public, actually, because you can’t mess up by talking too much.
    “But I just tried to enjoy my time there, and it was wonderful. The experience?
    “It’s the same as with every movie – you hope you end up in the movie, because you never know. And it was so cool that they shot some scenes here.”
    http://www.goss.ie/2015/01/domhnall-gleeson-it-was-so-cool-that-star-wars-shot-scenes-in-ireland/

5. Varinnia

Varinnia Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 15, 2014
    wow sounds like he was there ;)

coxie0520, nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  6. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Sounds like he is just talking about shooting experience in general.

7. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    No, Oscar and Domhnall were at all locations. Turns out TFA is a buddy comedy about two X-WIng pilots stumbling through the galaxy and having wild adventures. Laugh you Hutt off, December 2015!

8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Daily Mail. Haha.

Flapjack4 likes this.
  9. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    I wonder how big a part he will play in the new trilogy...I have a strange feeling he will not make it...

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I wouldn't mind that as a spin-off, actually. :p

starocean90 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  11. Varinnia

Varinnia Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 15, 2014
  12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    So, everyone remembers a while back when it was discovered how similar some of the rumors for VII were to the Legacy 2.0 comics? A Solo descendant girl, living on a junkyard planet with a droid, meets a black-skinned Imperial (Knight/trooper) and discovers a lightsaber with her alien companion. Together with the Imperial, they leave the planet and go on an adventure and fight a cybernetic Sith Lord? Well...check out the Solo girl's ex-boyfriend in the story.

[​IMG]

[face_thinking] :p

13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    confirmed!!!!!:cool:
    the movie is based on the comic.:p

14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Dang! That's just....weird!

Original EpVII script???

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it really is weird that there seems to be a lot of similarities between the 2.[face_hypnotized]

@Revanfan1
    looking the comic up she comes across the lightsaber and an Imperial droid (Luke's saber and BB-8??) the lightsber belonged to a Knight that was kidnapped (Luke???)
    "after an Imperial communications droid containing the lightsaber turned up in her junkyard."
    sounds like some of the VII speculation concerning BB-8.:p
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ania_Solo
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yalta_Val

too weird.[face_laugh]

Toonimator, nightangel and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Just saw him in Unbroken now. He is really good in a film that never really catches my fully attention. He is under a lot of pressure by the character he plays in this film, but i would want him to be even more physical and emotional in TFA if so. I also think thats the way the new films should go, more physical acting, climb a real mountain, get some dirt on your hands, blood, sweat and tears. Bring it on. Thats what actors love to. To fight against something. Now, will watch him in "Frank", its on Netflix now if anyone is interested. He is a charming man, and i really hope there is a bigger challenge for him in Star Wars too. He deserves that. I guess this has been discussed here many times, but he does look like he could pull off both the "evil face" and the goody, goody person, its not everyone who could actually.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  17. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    I'm not familiar with the material and the link won't open. Who would the baddie be then?

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    the baddie in that comic is a cyborg sith lord.[face_laugh]
    but we are getting off topic.;)

nightangel and Revanfan1 like this.
  19. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    Oh sorry, do we have any confirmation on who Gleeson is playing? Or atleast an assumption based upon seeing the same rumors over and over?

20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Absolutely none. Any rumors about Gleeson are completely inconsistent. We have Imperial, Jedi, scoundrel, Solo, Skywalker, Sith...but most of them are almost completely unreliable. [face_dunno]

Trebor Sabreon and starocean90 like this.
  21. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    I hope Rey, and to a lesser extent Gleeson, are not related to any of the OT characters...

Dewback likes this.
  22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I for one completely disagree, but I'm sure you (and everybody else) know that by now. ;)

23. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    I think I am the only person I've seen, that want NO relations. A lot of things I don't want to see, so I know I'm going to be disappointed by quite a few things...

Dewback likes this.
  24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep, Ramid (Gleeson)! Former lover of Solo (Ridley) who captures and later reconciles with Ania before dying at the hands of a female bounty hunter (Christie).

See? This stuff just writes itself! :D

Anyway, I certainly hope not. I think that the very last thing I'd want is for Domhnall to serve in one SW picture before being killed-off.

But, I guess somebody has to die.

starocean90 and Revanfan1 like this.
  25. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    That would just torpedo the whole "No, we're not using the EU, this is an original story" thing that went around when VII was first announced. Good for a laugh at all the purists/EU-haters who proudly broadcast the 'original story' remark around everywhere, but not what I'd wanna see in this particular film (not the least reason being that it'd mean Gleeson's character is doomed)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.