main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I don't like a direct descendant of Obi-Wan either, but it's been established with Luke, Anakin and to a smaller measure Leia, that multiple members of a family can use the Force so maybe a nephew or grand-nephew of Obi-Wan could happen.

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Kenobi's hair was brown not red.

Corcan likes this.
  3. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I know there have been a lot of rumors that Luke would have a son, but I'm still holding out a shred of hope that he won't. I supposed if he does, Gleeson would be the obvious pick though. Honestly I prefer the idea of Obi-Wan having a descendant in the movie, although that's always been rumored to be a female so I doubt Gleeson would be it. He does have a perfect look for it though.

Dewback likes this.
  4. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I don't like the idea of either Luke or Obi-Wan having offspring but I must admit this guy looks a lot like Obi-Wan.

[​IMG]

5. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    No reason for her not to be canon, but there's also no reason for her to be in the movie. Consider we've got Chewie alive, even keeping Mara dead would mean that at least some EU author would be able to rework her death into something less... stupid.

Poisoned by Jacen Solo while forgetting about the whole 'force bond/link' thing to make it so Jacen wasn't instantly outed by Luke and... ugh. Just ugh...

6. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    The Son of Skywalker, he is.

7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    My thoughts on the actor who, with yesterday's announcement, instantly became the person in the room I'm most intrigued by (I even geeked-out and mocked-up a new avatar for the occasion):

1. I'm absolutely hoping Gleeson is both Luke's son and one of the new young trio of leads.

2. If he is indeed Luke's son, I'd prefer that, as a nod to the EU, he is named "Ben," but someone suggested "Owen Skywalker," and that name has just about as nice a ring to it to me, too. Heck, I'd even be down with "Deak Skywalker," if George Lucas decided to really dig deep into his bag of old tricks. :)

3. If I had to pick a role for "Ben," I'd opt for a young Jedi eventually taking up his father's mantle. I'd love for the Obi-Wan and Anakin "good friend" scenes that some feel weren't given near enough attention in the PT to be fully realized here. I'm imagining scenes of camaraderie, love and instruction between father Luke and son, and it brings a big smile to my face. I fully hope that's a part of what we get here.

4. Finally, I know everyone naturally has their own idea of who'd they like to see as the protagonist, but if Gleeson really is playing the next "Son of Skywalker," I'd like to see him as the central young figure of Episodes 7, 8 and 9.

p.s. - Oh, and he does rather look like Ewan's Obi-Wan, but I say let us cross that bridge if and when it ever comes. :D

Gerdschroder, Rabs, Revanfan1 and 5 others like this.
  8. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I don't really think that Luke will have a son by an unintroduced woman, a son who is obviously older than the daughter of the established couple Han and Leia. If he is related to the big three at all I'd say older brother Solo. But hopefullly something else entirely. I think they really need to focus on getting away from the bloodline thing

Mystery Roach likes this.
  9. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
  10. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    That's something I was thinking as well. Maybe Luke had kids of his own and maybe he didn't, but it doesn't make sense to me that he would have had one before Han and Leia. I understand that it would be perfectly possible in real life, but for these kinds of movies that notion just doesn't quite gel for me.

11. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I think Gleeson is the offspring of Skywalker, not Kenobi. We shall see.

Revanfan1, Trebor Sabreon and T-R- like this.
  12. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Ryus likes this.
  13. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Poor Lenny. Me thinks he won't be getting many questions. LOL

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ryus likes this.
  14. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    This is what bothers me. It seems a stretch that Luke, who had no romantic prospects at the end of ROTJ would have a son before Han and Leia had a child, and looking at this guy, he does look considerably older than Daisy Ridley. But if he is Luke's son then I'm willing to bet that Han and Leia must have an older child as well, older than him, maybe someone who will be revealed in the supporting cast.

15. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    He's the hero who destroyed the Death Star, the last Jedi alive, and just that night took out Vader and The Emperor. I'd say Luke's romantic prospects are limitless at that point.

16. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I'm sure him and Lando went "prospect" hunting together.;)

...wait, that actually sounds like an amazing idea for a Marvel Comic. [face_laugh]

Dark Lady Mara, T-R- and TKT like this.
  17. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Was just thinking. If that chat is taking place in Ireland/the UK @ 11:30 am, wouldn't it have already taken place by now? Isn't it 2 pm there right now?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You are correct, lad. On the phone to the motherland as I type this.

19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

from yesterday I believe. Looks like he'd make a great son of the guy on the right:

[​IMG]

20. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    True....but I can't argue the fact that the resemblance with a young Alec Guinesss is uncanny.....

21. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

I think that since this is Episode VII in the Skywalker Saga, that we shouldn't get away from the Skywalkers until after this trilogy is over. This sequel trilogy is likely to end the story that started and developed through Episodes I through VI.

As for "an unintroduced woman", if Luke's wife is dead, I'm sure that a quick reference to her in the film would work out just fine, and then we could get HER story in one of the spinoffs or through a future animated TV series or through books.

You are right though that he looks a little old to be Luke's son, but through the magic of movies, actors and actresses can be made older or younger by quite a few years.
    OR, maybe we'll be dealt a real shock, and find out that Ridley is actually LUKE'S daughter. Padme was Luke's mother too, after all! Hair color can be changed too.

One last possibility is that we'll find that none of those actors is a child of Luke's, but that he has a much younger kid, say age 10 to 13, who won't be a major player in this series, but will come into his/her own later. That would be fine with me too. I just want Luke to have offspring for future stories. I want HIS Jedi Order's philosophy to be different: Jedi CAN have families unlike in the Old Order.

22. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    or a young Mr. Hamill

[​IMG]

Ryus likes this.
  23. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Honestly I don't think Gleeson looks a thing like Hamill, although if they made him his son I wouldn't question it. He definitely looks like Guinness though. Not saying I think he will be related, but there's a much greater resemblance. Maybe Luke was impregnated by Obi-Wan's ghost.

Yanksfan and DarthScully like this.
  24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    doesn't look like a young Alec to me
    [​IMG]

Ryus likes this.
  25. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I disagree, he looks more like a young Alec Guiness than Ewan ever did !

And remember....he would be the SON of....my son is not the spitting image of me.....but you can 100% tell we are related...

I just think he looks more like a young Alec Guiness than a young Mark Hamill....that's it....

DarthScully and Mystery Roach like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.