main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    But didn't Driver say one of the things this film was about is SIBLINGS…If he's playing a legacy character then chances are he will have a brother or sister--based on his comment. Surely the siblings he's referring to were of the new generation and not Luke and Leia...

2. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

I think he was actually. He was speaking about Star Wars in such broad terms that yeah the siblings most likely refer to Luke/Leia.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    It's a little different from how I envision my perfect end to Episode IX (though, admittedly, not all that different).

But I won't lie: There are things about it I definitely like. :)

Toonimator likes this.
  4. Varinnia

Varinnia Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 15, 2014
    Fruit Pastilles This nicely ;)

Rumors change every day, I don't care, I don't ask you believe, but you don't be pessimistic, something good will come I'm sure.

Flapjack4 likes this.
  5. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I´ve read ManaByte that on tomorrow´s MSW Podcast Jason is gonna offer further details about rumors. Let´s hope we can have more about Gleeson´s role.

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Simplest explanation for that: he's still undercover. If the rumors that he fires the super weapon are true, then perhaps he gets in an escape pod and flies back to wherever the Imperials are and continues to stay with them. Or maybe his survival will be kept a secret for Episode VIII. Maybe it shows him firing the weapon and then running from the bridge, and then we never see him again–so we can only speculate as to whether or not he survives until his casting is confirmed (or not) for VIII.

nightangel, starocean90 and Flapjack4 like this.
  7. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Well... Maybe. I don´t like this idea too much to be honest. I mean, it was not the best idea IMO to have the son of Luke being hidden as an Imperial instead of being part of the lead trio. But I could "forgive" that if it was because Dom´s role was to become bigger in the next films and be part of the heroes team. If he is still with the Empire at the end of this movie and during VIII... Psah.

Luukeskywalker and nightangel like this.
  8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That's fair. It's not ideal to me either. But at the same time, every indication is that he's very much the anti-hero. Maybe he goes off on his own, not wanting to go back to the rebels yet, but neither willing to return to the Empire? So, he kind of becomes a rogue character, wandering on his own until fate ultimately draws him back to the main characters in VIII. I can see the first time Finn and Gleeson's character meet in VIII:

Gleeson *rolls eyes*: "Oh no, not you!"

starocean90 and Darth_Bertie like this.
  9. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Ok. If Luke only appears at the end of the film, he doesn't even interact with Leia. How are Luke/Leia as siblings a theme of TFA then? Luke and Leia as siblings was a "theme" for the last half of ROTJ. Used by Vader to bait Luke and the object of Han's jealousy because he didn't know the truth. That's pretty much it.

Sorry since this is off topic.

starocean90 likes this.
  10. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Rey: Tell me about your family.
    Domhnall Skywalker: My dad isn't around much.

[​IMG]

11. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

I don't believe he was talking about TFA specifically. I think he was referring to Star Wars in general.

12. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    But that's my point. Siblings wasn't a huge theme in Star Wars, in general. We barely saw Luke and Leia interact as "true" siblings in the previous films, i.e., knowing their true relationship. They were friends mostly and possibly part of a love triangle.

13. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

But they were siblings and most of their relationship was brotherly/sisterly anyways. Again, in context, he is speaking in such broad terms that trying to analyze specific words seems kinda silly.

But whatever, I see no point in arguing about it. If you believe he is hinting to the TFA...fine. I'm not going to stop you or try to convince you.

14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    why do you keep referring to yourself in third person???:confused:[face_dunno]

15. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

When did I refer myself in the third person? he=Adam Driver....

starocean90 likes this.
  16. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Apologies, I got confused for a while.[face_blush]:p

17. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    So, MakingStarWars, still no word on whether Gleeson survives the film?

Darth_Bertie and starocean90 like this.
  18. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    They have insisted in the idea that they believe he is not Luke´s son based on what was filmed. It seems he is crazy to fire the superweapon, and does it even when the imperials leave the station. Taking into account he is inside the super weapon that most likely Poe and co are trying to destroy with their X-Wings (and Finn, Rey and Han are trying to crash its shield), I would not be surprissed if when he fires it, the Rebels blow it. Like in ANH.

They have claimed to be close to get access to the script itself. That should clear up every doubt about Dom´s identity.

19. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    When did they claim to be close to getting in possession of the entire script? I saw someone say that earlier in here, but I listened to the podcast this morning, but must have missed it.

20. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Between 1h 25m and 1h 40h. Can´t remember the exact minute.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I understand that. First, several of Jason's trusted sources claimed Gleeson is a Skywalker. Jason's interpretation of what he then learned had been shot made him question this.

As of right now, the identity of the character is, let's be fair and say, an "unknown quantity." And leave it at that until we have more to go on.

But that's not really what I was asking.

This is more what I was getting at.

Regardless of who he is playing, based upon what we have heard, it sounds plausible (perhaps even likely) that Gleeson's 'the General' may not even survive the events of TFA.

I'm curious whether Jason has anything else to share about Gleeson's role which may give us a clearer idea as to whether we'll be seeing Domhnall in Episodes 8 and 9, or if TFA is it for him?

Revanfan1 and starocean90 like this.
  22. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    My guess is Gleeson is Tarkin. He's this cruel young guy who gets **** done, Imperial way.

Mav Edit: The whole word needs to be starred out.

23. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    And dies on the Imperial superweapon? Too predictable, and too much of a rehash.

24. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Gleeson's fate is the last spoiler I want to know before I get my butt out of the 7SA forums. Someone hurry up and find out for sure! :p

coxie0520 likes this.
  25. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

If you know the "fate" of some characters what is the point of leaving the forum?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.