main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    so, he's holding onto it for clicks and traffic?

2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Even if he were, which I doubt, its probably more fun this way anyway

3. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    well, he is hawking t-shirts now....

4. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

They've had MSW/NTIP T-Shirts for a LONG time. He's not "hawking" anything. The company that makes the shirts has a sale on them this weekend. That's it.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    This is what makes me so skeptical. MakingStarWars has no reason to hold onto anything unless he is the only person to have the info. If the info is out there, him holding onto it will only lead to him being out-scooped. My skepticism lies in the notion that apparently he is supposedly the biggest source of all legit info. I just don't believe that if people in the know are leaking TFA info, that all of it is being fed to MSW and MSW only.

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I think he said it before that some of his sources are old friends or people he's know for a long time and also add newer sources.[face_dunno]

nightangel and TheBBP like this.
  7. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Well, selling something and advertising it is hawking. Having information and dishing it out over an extended period of time ensures traffic, clicks, and interest in the site correct? Not exactly how to serve the "public" the best.

Granek and -LordSkywalker- like this.
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i ignore your content.

T-R- likes this.
  9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    To be entirely honest, I couldn't possibly say.

What I was envisioning was a situation where someone maybe comes into a huge amount of information, and then perhaps makes the decision to mete out the bulk of that information a little at a time. And I was supposing that the reason behind such a decision might be in order to have things to share and discuss over the months leading up to TFA.

But to be clear, I'm not saying this is what is actually happening. I'm in no position to say, either way. I'm not in any way affiliated with MSW. I don't speak for Jason or his site and I don't know what type or amount of information he may or may not be sitting on (or what goes into the decision to publish that information versus sitting on it for awhile). I don't know that what I suggested is in any way accurate.

I was only thinking out-loud, really, and that may have been irresponsible of me. I certainly didn't mean to defame anyone.

10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    [face_dancing]

11. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I finally saw Dom's About time movie and he is a pretty good actor. can't wait to see who he plays in EVII and how he portrays the character.

T-R- and coxie0520 like this.
  12. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    It happens often in the fan site world that certain sites are given/ develop much greater access than others. For example, theonering.net became the premier fansite around the LOTR and Hobbit films, and so their staff were the most privy to inside secrets. There's likely a good reason why Jason seems to have most of the scoops.

13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    And 'There's likely several good reasons why theforce.net don't have any scoops."

14. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    I watched About Time last night, Gleeson is great in it, and although I'm personally not convinced either way that he'll be playing Luke's son, based on this film I'd say he could definitely pull it off if he is :)

15. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Absolutely! Rumors seem neither to have confirmed nor denied it, one way or the other, for certain, but just based off of his performances I've seen, young Mr. Gleeson would make for a fine Skywalker.

But besides the obvious question of lineage, the thing I'm curious about is whether this 'the General' has anything more to his role than just SW antagonist who meets his demise after one film.

16. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    @CrazyOldJedi theforce.net sure as heck had scoops during episode 2 when the script leaked, I guess the script for TFA has not leaked yet or might never. As for Makingstarwars and sites like them I will believe It when I see It, and we all will see It on December 18 2015 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

17. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Only 9 short months to go :)

Hoggsquattle and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  18. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    a person could conceive a baby and have it by the time this movie comes out.

19. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    The mystery around the character. He is the son of Luke.

20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    [face_laugh]

21. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Not only could they do that - they will be doing that! Thousands, or perhaps millions of people will conceive and birth a child now, and have that child born before the film opens. That's so loooong!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    My parents must have... you know, right around this time of year, then, too. As it turns out, I premiered on December 18, as well. :p

Hoggsquattle and Revanfan1 like this.
  23. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

Years ago, I was in Santa Cruz and these two cute little kids were playing at a park. Then their dad called out to them: "Luke! Leia! Time to go!"

Perhaps a pact could be made not to do that in these ensuing 9 months?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I've got a daughter due in July, and she'll likely be named after a specific princess, but no...despite my long fandom for Star Wars, it won't be Leia, or any other SW character.

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    omg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.