main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Domhnall is playing an Imperial Officer. Whether he's the character we've come to know as 'The General' however, I don't know. I've seen what he looks like in the movie. :)

2. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Gleeson is a First Order General who seems to report to Uber. I'm 99% sure of that.

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think they may be set ups as opposed to scenes.

I also don't think DG is up in the air that much. People have seen a photo of him on a bridge of a destroyer with Phasma reporting to him. He seems to be a very high ranking first order general. That is beyond doubt. Whether is he also Luke's son is not proven one way or the other but I personally find that unlikely. It is still a possibility at this stage though. That other actor will be Piett level at best. Maybe Needa level. I highly doubt he is the officer up on that platform. All logic points to that being DG.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Very interesting. [face_thinking]

5. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Well, I seriously doubt that there is only one Imperial, sorry First Order, military officer in the movie. ;)

And we have heard a lot of consistent reports that Gleeson plays a First Order military officer, the Sith General could well be another. Remember we had Tarkin in A New Hope but we also had Tagge, Motti and Yularn (though we didn't know him at the time).

6. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I still find it weird that Gleeson was at the first reading, despite not having scenes with any other character there (except maybe Kylo). Meanwhile, MVS, who I believe has at least one scene with Rey and either characters, wasn't there at all.

7. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Maybe because his true identity wont be revealed until the second movie.

8. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Yeah, the only reason I'm not totally 100% convinced that he's a one-off is because he was in the initial cast announcement and at the reading. Christie and Nyong'o were introduced in a separate casting announcement and were not at the read, which makes them feel more like the one-offs.

It would be hilariously ironic if after all this back and forth speculation, he did turn out to be Luke's son in the end. lol.

9. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

If he is Luke's son, that raises the question of whither he is with the First Order on Daddy's order or did he willingly defect? ;)

10. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015

I guess that's why the theory has fallen out, cause the MSW rumors just make it seem like he's too irredeemable to be Luke Skywalker's son. If he defected willingly, then he's kind of dick. If he's there on his Dad's orders, then Luke's kind of a dick cause he would've gone into hiding when the kid was what? like 12-15? and then told him to go act as a spy for 10 years.

11. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I'm wondering if Uber ends up killing Gleeson for his failures. There's confusion about when he checks in with his boss and his death. Possibly like Seneca Crane, he's the "gamemaster" for the First Order but screws up and pays the price.

12. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    He has scenes with Adam, Andy and Gwendoline, I do know that. :)

13. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    The beans. Spill them. :)

starocean90 likes this.
  14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    we all already knew that as it was reported by both SWU and Making that he shares scenes with Kylo and Uber as well as the Chrome Stormtrooper (GC).

15. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    True that. But it seems CairnsTony may have inside knowledge, so I was hoping for an exclusive. ;)

starocean90 likes this.
  16. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    OK... I may get in a heap of trouble for this, but at this late stage I guess it probably doesn't matter, as I know this stuff is out there now:

The sketch of Domhnall's character on a Star Destroyer bridge talking to Gwendoline's Chrometrooper is real. They are studying a hologram of Finn.

There is also a description out there of another scene which I also know is real: where Domhnall as (presumably) The General is with Kylo Ren talking to a giant CGI head that is Über.

As a little bonus, there is some aurebesh in the bridge scene on the left of shot that I translated as, "Important Text". When this shot finally leaks, I'm happy to be corrected on that, but I think I'm right. :)

17. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    you won't get into trouble for that as it was already reported both by SWU, the new info is the giant CGI head of Uber, I presume a Hologram like Palps in V.

18. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    So we will get to see Uber.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for delivering, CairnsTony! You're awesome.

Han Drolo, CairnsTony and starocean90 like this.
  19. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Check my edit. ;)

20. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Hmm... I'm not doubting that Domhnall is at least wearing an Imperial uniform, but I'm not sold on him being 'the General' which Making Star Wars talked about in his leaks. You don't put the name 'the General' into the script and have multiple generals. That's kind of the reason you talk about 'the General'. We've heard talk of Domhnall coming back for the next film, but MSW said the last scene the General has is one where he sees a bunch of explosive charges... and doesn't appear again after they detonate.

Could Domhnall be another character in an imperial uniform? A captain or something under Kylo's command while the 'Sith General' is commanding the Array superweapon?

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  21. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    CairnsTony the important text is a reference to the General name? The prove we are all expecting regarding (confirming or denying) Gleeson´s lineage?

22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    How ABOLUTELY ironic would it be if Gleeson were Kylo Ren and actually Luke's son while Driver was the general. Talking about twisting things around!

iluvkoalas and T-R- like this.
  23. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Twist is all the legacy kids are the villains of the ST.[face_devil]

starocean90 likes this.
  24. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Sorry but I wouldn't have a clue. The word 'text' is relatively easy to read (in aurebesh) but the first word is more guesswork, though it does look like it ends in, '...ntant', so I guessed the word was 'important'.

Blimey, two evil legacy characters... that would be quite the gut punch. ;)

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  25. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004

Definitely not out of the question. That chain of Jedi has served as a farm team for the SIth. It's where they got Dooku & Vader, and they tried very hard for Luke (and had him toeing the line a bit). Even Obi-Wan was offered a job at one point.

Then there's the fact that that Skywalker kids would presumably taught by Luke, who was himself very hastily-trained as a Jedi and very late in life. He hadn't even heard of the Force until he was an adult. A lot could go wrong with him taking on students.

And then consider that the guys who very briefly trained Luke had both themselves lost students to the Sith...and both Obi and Yoda were hardcore Jedi lifer types.

The more I think about it there's a fair chance that Luke could have multiple family/students go bad. Would explain Daisy Ridley's life choices and attitude toward lightsabers if she's a 3rd kid. From her perspective it's probably a coinflip.

Master_Lok likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.