main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

Wha tI mean is, secret family implies that Kenobi knew about his child/children, looked after them to a point etc.. Maybe he doesn't know about them at the time of ANH. Maybe he has a fling with a woman at some point between RotS and ANH, and nevers aw her again and never knew she had a child.

2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Of course they could work it that Obi-Wan has a mid 30's son in the ST... but given that we're just working on what we know, it's more to do with what's more likely/probable.

ChildOfWinds, T-R- and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  3. sluggo1313.

Aug 23, 2013

No its not, we don't KNOW anything. At this point, Obi-wan havin ga Kid and Luke having a kid is about the same level of likelyness.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I hope Obi Wan knocked up a Tusken Raider and that's why they were freaked out when he showed up in ANH... they were all like, "OMG! It's the deadbeat dad who isn't paying child support!".

5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, you nailed it. This is now my only acceptable way of Obi-Wan having offspring.

T-R- likes this.
  6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    And maybe Luke did too.

The point is what is more consistent and logical. Luke getting married after Jedi and having a kid or either Ben or Luke have an unknown child?

Gerdschroder and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    do we know if it will be set exactly 30 years after jedi? or were they just rounding it off

T-R- likes this.
  8. sluggo1313.

Aug 23, 2013

No its not. It whats you want, which is fine. But just say - I'd rather see Luke have a kid, rather then trying to make up arguments that it HAS to be that way or it doens't make sense any other way.

Its completely logical Luke doesn't get married after Jedi - he doesn't find someone he wants to marry (even in the EU it takes like 10-15 years for him to marry Mara), the old Jedi ghosts tell him Jedi shouldn't get married and he listens. Luke decides "I just don't want kids and a wife" or "my lifes work is too important I don't need the distraction". Lots of logical reasons for him not to be married and/or have a kid (plus, there doesn't appear to be a Lukes wife in the cast).

As for Luke vs Ben having an unknown kid....Obi-wan was living in desert for 20 years doing very little, Luke could be a very busy man between RotJ and Episode VII - seems to me that Kenobi would have a lot more time to meet someone and have a fling.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  9. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Lot of people roaming the desert for Ben to have a fling? I think the Galactic Savior has a better chance of having a fling with his Rock Star celebrity.

Seriously, what makes more sense for a kids movie? Ben with secret fling and love child or Luke getting married?

10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I imagine it's best to let it go. I think most people view Luke having a family before Obi-Wan as much, much more consistent with the story of the Saga thus far. Luke's whole entire bag is family, whereas for Obi-Wan, the Order and it's tenets were his life.

That said, is it entirely out of the question that Kenobi has a kid? Of course not. It's fiction and the writers can come up with anything they darn well please, and even if most probably wouldn't agree that it's more likely Kenobi would father a child before Luke, it's entirely natural that some folks would.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Look, right after the Battle of Endor, Luke needed to let off some steam. He went to Coruscant, found a brothel, and got his is end away (we won't mention certain "issues", like the fact the clunge's owner was a short, brunette, that Luke had dress up in a certain slave bikini). He pays his credits and leaves. Nine months later there's a knock on his door, and what do you know, he finds out he's a dad.

Or, he has a proper relationship and his kid is 25 in this. If you can't suspend your disbelief that Gleeson couldn't play a 25 year old*, these are not the films for you.

*always assuming GFFA's years are the same length as earth years.

Revanfan1, Trebor Sabreon and T-R- like this.
  12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    @Diggy
    Gleeson played a 21 year old in About Time, so him playing a 25 year old or even a 23 year old is not impossible.

The movie is set 35 years after Return and if Gleeson's character is 25, it's not impossible for Luke to have married 10 years after Return.

13. Wace_Mindu

Wace_Mindu Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2014
    Whatever role he has I think he's going to end up on the dark side

14. sluggo1313.

Aug 23, 2013

Have you seen the movie? Isn't there a space port with at least 1 bar near by?

I'm sure Luke COULD have a kid or a wife, but who says he WANTS too?

I think its 50/50, iof anything maybe 60/40 in Kenobi's favor.

15. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Nope never seen it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gerdschroder likes this.
  16. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/ne...Reading-Was-Surreal-And-Ridiculously-Exciting
    Speaking to RTÉ TEN, Gleeson said of the script read-through session captured in a photo released alongside the casting announcement this week: "It was totally surreal to me; surreal is the word. And amazing."
    He continued: "Getting to see those people from your childhoods... Getting to see them still be amazing, still just nail it in the room was ridiculously exciting and something [his casting] I did not expect to happen. So it was a weird, brilliant day."

Trebor Sabreon and Dewback like this.
  17. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    I'm sorry I don't remember who was it, but someone posted a picture in the cast announcement thread. It had McGregor on one side and Gleeson on the other. The reseblance is uncanny. I'm kinda sold on the idea that Kenobi got to know Ventress and along the line Domhnall's character was born as his grandson. Hope to find him hiding out in Nar Shaddaa *cue music from KOtor 2*

18. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I think that was me.
    Was it this picture?
    [​IMG]

Darth_Corvus and Momotaros like this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

"Son, it was a crazy time. I had just lost my father, the Empire had been defeated and I just had a stormtrooper helmet full of Corellia ale. But none of that means I didn't care about your mother..."

[​IMG]
    "...she was a great Ewok."

20. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Darth Chiznuk and T-R- like this.
  21. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    son this is the story of how i met your mother.

Momotaros likes this.
  22. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    ChildOfWinds likes this.
  23. Indy 11

Indy 11 Jedi Padawan

Nov 4, 2012
    If he IS a "Ben Skywalker" character, I am very interested to see how they connect the dots in the family tree because right now I don't see anyone cast who would be Luke's "Mara Jade".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Maybe she's still in the Mystery Box. We do know about the Red wig for a female character. In seven she could just be a supporting character like Beru.

Death_Jar_Jar and T-R- like this.
  25. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

It's very possible that Luke's wife is dead in the ST and that we'll "meet" her in a spin-off film, in a book, or in a TV series similar to Clone Wars and Rebels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.