main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean caruthers

sean caruthers Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2014
    I have a feeling that Ridley (Solo) and Boyega will be leads of sorts at the beginning, probably training as jedi. I was thinking that Gleeson may be Luke's son, maybe not revealed until later on in the film or in 8 or 9. Perhaps he isn't strong with the force (and can't be successfully trained) and starts as a sort of tech-minded, introverted character, living in the shadow of his father. I think this would echo the character style of Gleeson's recent leads, and his situation in general as the son of a legendary actor. i can see Gleeson as Luke's son having a large arc. Major revelations regarding information that is old within the SW universe but secretive (Luke's father, sister, Anakin's powers, palpatine a sith).

As much as i want to know the truth and try to think like the filmmakers would, this is partly just what i think would be the most suitable. Having 2 trilogies about a family's pivotal role in a galactic war and then shifting to all new characters seems odd. Also, Luke obviously wasn't as serious about love and attachment as the jedi in the prequels are made out to be. And with a shortness of jedi, Luke would be very unwise in having children, although knowing they would be hunted forever. Having the mother already dead at the start would be a great device, leaving mystery and the feeling that something has happened between 6 and 7. (especially if the no new republic rumors turn out true). still open to Kenobi relative if they can give a good enough explanation since that is a bit out of left field.

what do you guys think?

starocean90 likes this.
  2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Well, I highly doubt rumors were planted. Planting rumors makes no sense, especially planting rumors of Luke's kid.

3. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    He just screams young jedi knight! now if he is playing Lukes son remains to be seen.

4. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Ok so all signs are pointing to Dom being Luke's son but where does that leave John since all the rumors are reporting he's the one going on the "Hero's Jouney" with "Daisy". So again:

Good
    Skywalker/Solo Twins: Daisy/Driver (Turns Darkside)
    Luke's Son or Obi's relative?: Dom
    Luke's Apprientice: John

New Trio: John, Daisy and Dom

Bad
    Oscar - bountyhunter or Emperial Solider???
    Lupita - Sith?
    Driver - Turns Bad as the story goes along??
    Gwendoline - Sith or Emperial Solider??

5. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005

I think Luke's son will already be an established Jedi,with Boyega being the new comer that must learn the ways of the force.

6. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Guys please check my previous post for an update to the info he just tweeted me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

7. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    one can go on a hero's journey without being the main character. Any character can still go on the journey.

Dak Oolron, Ryus, aleja2 and 4 others like this.
  8. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe it's like Qui gon and Obi Wan. Luke dies and has his son train John's character.

9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    or the inverse and John trains Luke's son.;)

Revanfan1 and Luukeskywalker like this.
  10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    or it could be a different and original story where he finds a force sensitive student and trains him for the entire trilogy

Dak Oolron likes this.
  11. sean caruthers

Jun 12, 2014
    it's stuff like this that i think of and get curious about, but then I remember that GL isn't making it, so these types of references might be purposely avoided this time around. Although I could see Lucas outlining something like this off the bat. I wonder what Lucas was allowed to decide about the fate of the characters?

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's cool. I don't know if this person you're speaking with really knows what's going on (though I do like the sound of what he's saying), but either way, it's nice to have something to chew on.

At the very least, you're being proactive and getting some replies. Well done. :)

Will you keep us updated?

Ryus, ChildOfWinds, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  13. sean caruthers

Jun 12, 2014
    I agree. I'm about to dig in and check out how correct LR was on previous film details.

DarthPinoy likes this.
  14. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Yes absolutely. I figure its always best to flood these guy's mailboxes and tell them what scoops we want. Just trying to be proactive.:)

T-R- likes this.
  15. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    and let's be honest. There's been a bunch of negative comments directed at LR in the past, but lately they've been proving people wrong.

I think as things settled in as production approached, their sources had a clearer picture of what is going on.

16. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    YES, I think that is so true. We are familiar with the EU and its characters, so I think it's normal that we are trying to fit the new cast into those roles - Adam as Jacen, Daisy as Jaina, Domhnall as Ben, von Sydow as Plagueis, etc. It's impossible for us to guess what brand new characters Kasdan and Abrams came up with, so we have to fit these people into roles we already know. When in fact, they could be playing completely new people we've never heard of before. Domhnall could be playing Luke's son, absolutely. But I also don't think we going to see Jaina AND Jacen AND Ben AND Plagueis AND Mara AND Ahsoka AND Asajj, and every other character people are trying to force the new cast to be. Maybe one or two - the most likely being some Jaina-type character - but not all of them.

17. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    They have a direct pipe line to Marvel but I am still not sure they do for Star Wars.

18. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

I think you are getting character placement. Meaning your getting Han/Leia daughter equivalent. But your not getting Jaina Solo. I think your getting Luke's son. But your not getting Ben Skywalker.

ChildOfWinds and T-R- like this.
  19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    if not, I bet their Marvel guy has a direct pipe line to a LFL guy

20. K Ran

K Ran Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2014
    It's almost like LR rumors are like the "Long Island medium" hit on a few details that are obvious and attempt to fill em out.

Adi_Gallia_9 likes this.
  21. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
  22. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
  23. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Ok, now we need to know where Mark is? Anyone?

24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Pics or it didn't happen because we all know that the rare Domnhall Gleeson is as elusive as Bigfoot. Some have claim to see him but nobody can offer hardcore evidence :p

Nìmwey and T-R- like this.
  25. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Welcome, young Skywalker. We have been expecting you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.