main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013

2. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I hope Ep. 7 uses the plot device from About Time

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I am sorry u dont spend weeks filming two supporting characters on location in the desert. Not to mention young lead trio and those two being the two youngest by about a decade. Not counting first up in press releases and the trades. Now who is third is up for grabs but John and Daisy as part of the trio seems pretty locked in.

Yanksfan and Darth_Bertie like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Driver has been all but confirmed to be playing a villain so I think it's extremely unlikely that he's a part of the new trio. It being between Gleeson and Isaac for the third lead is still the most likely scenario IMO. I'm still going for Isaac right now because I really believe Boyega and Daisy are both going to be Force sensitive and I very much doubt the trio will be made up of all Force users.

Yanksfan likes this.
  5. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Pretty clear now he is the son of Luke and "Mara" i hope,but pretty obvious from a story point and looks-

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and T-R- like this.
  6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Yep guys, I think is extremely unrealistic to think Boyega and Ridley are not part of the main trio of leads. The only doubt is if the third member is gonna be Isaac or Gleeson. The only thing that makes me go for Isaac is that he was billed higher than Gleeson on the cast announcement. And it´s true that, if both Boyega and Ridley are Force sensitives, the third member is as well.

BigAl6ft6, Adi_Gallia_9 and Momotaros like this.
  7. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    That's what I think. I don't think the lead trio will comprise of 3 Jedi. I'm thinking that Daisy and John are Jedi, or at least in training to be Jedi, so the third person needs to be something different. If Oscar Isaac is playing a "Han Solo type" then it makes sense he should be part of the trio to add the non Jedi character. On the other hand, if Gleeson really IS Luke's son then it only makes sense that he should be part of the lead trio. But then you'd have 3 Jedi (I'm assuming Luke's son would BE a Jedi), so that's where things get confusing for me.

8. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Well, in the prequels we had 2 force users. In the OT we had one force user. So, you could, hypothetically, get 3 force users out of variance. Then again, Luke's son doesn't necessarily have to be a Jedi.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yep, that's how I see it too. Daisy has had training when the film starts and John is the young Force sensitive they come across ala Luke and Anakin. Isaac joins them at some point and is the morally gray character.

10. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Not sure why there's still a conspiracy about who was at Abu Dhabi >.>

11. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    What do you mean?

12. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    John and Daisy were the only cast members there.

13. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    If Gleeson is playing Luke's son, I just can't see him not being one of the leads. I know we don't have any evidence either way, but I think that fact would trump the three Jedi reasoning. And despite some websites claiming Boyega's a Jedi, we don't really know that either. You do have a point there though.

ForgottennJedi1986 and T-R- like this.
  14. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think Jon will start like Luke did in ANH ie force sensitive but not at all trained yet.

15. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Agreed but that still gives us a trio with 3 Force Users and I think u need at least one non force user in this.

16. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Having three Jedi as the trio may not be a bad thing necessarily, and it might provide a new, interesting group dynamic.

17. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Perhaps maybe we can get a cowboy Jedi archtype with a saber in one hand a blaster in the other.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree if Domhnall is the son of Luke he should be the lead character and if it turns out he is I'm sure he will be. In that case I'd expect Boyega isn't a Jedi. But as much as I want Gleeson to be Luke's kid I'm just not convinced he is. I think Boyega will be a character Luke takes under his wing and serves as his symbolic son sort of mirroring the relationship Anakin has with Palpatine in the PT. Only Luke will be a good influence of course.

Palpatine2016 and Yanksfan like this.
  19. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    I would have to agree if Gleeson is Luke's son u would expect him to matter. Unless he quit the NJO or something and they pick him up later on in the film.

T-R- likes this.
  20. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    For those who don't know, Domhnall shot new footage as Bill Weasley for Universal Orlando's new Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts ride. Next week is the media preview and he has been asked to attend. I hear they are making best attempts for him to go but it may interfere with Episode 7 filming. The event is a Fri/Sat/Sun and I hear Saturday is the day he will be there if he can make it. So he has begun filming for sure.

Don't have to believe this but the one thing I have insider info on is Orlando based theme parks :)

21. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Thanks for the info, JediMasterJessica! Since Domhnall seems to be the new cast member hardest to pin down, updates on his whereabouts are especially helpful!

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I believe you.

And I see no reason to doubt that Domhnall either has begun, or will shortly begin, shooting SW scenes.

Gleeson's been spotted in London recently and with production having to now work around Harrison's injury, I'm imagine all sorts of schedules are being re-arranged in order to keep the cameras rolling.

As for Orlando, it wouldn't surprise me if Dom's Episode VII commitments force him to beg off the HP event, but if he is able to appear, maybe we'll get a little something out of him? (**Yeah, right, even his own family can't get this guy to crack!**) :D

Keep us informed, Jess?

T-R- likes this.
  23. aleja2

aleja2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    You do if the script calls for those characters to be in that location. [face_dunno]

Seriously, press release position means NOTHING. Press releases are designed to grab journalists' attention and get them to write a story, that's all. John and Daisy were first because actor of color (in a franchise criticized for its lack) and the sole new female (at the time) - big news. Adam Driver is well known for GIRLS, which is a darling of a certain segment of the entertainment media intelligentsia, while Oscar is a recent Academy Award nominee, so they come next. Andy Serkis is known for LotR but he doesn't have the awards and current media attention of the other two, so he follows them.

Domnhall is the least known actor - oh sure, he was in Harry Potter, but he was far from being a lead, and while ABOUT TIME is fabulous, it came and went at the box office. So he's second to last, as his name won't mean as much to the journalists.

von Sydow is last because he's not in the table read photo that was sent out with the press release.

24. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003

[​IMG]

Twwwon, mattman8907, Vastor and 6 others like this.
  25. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

Omg, this made me laugh out loud. Thank you for that. I wish I could've "liked" it twice. [face_laugh]

EDIT: And now the song is stuck in my head….

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.