main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Well yeah, that picture just decreased the chances he is playing Luke's son IMHO. It's still a decent possibility I suppose, but from my POV, it's less likely now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I was going to say the same thing. Is there still a possibility he could be Luke's son? Sure, but I'm having a hard time seeing it at the moment.

Then again, who knows. Maybe he will look completely different on-screen with some of that movie magic.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  3. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Beards are cool. Plus if he hasn't started filming he could shave it

T-R- and Luukeskywalker like this.
  4. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    You seem to have some sort of insider info on him. I know as you said, you know nothing of what his look is going to be in the movie. However, any chance you could try to find out info on his role? :)

5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Maybe the girl he gets in the ST will shave him on screen... with a lightsaber. :p

6. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Luukeskywalker, I don't have any inside info personally on Domhnall or I'd of shared it. What I do have is inside info on Orlando Theme parks, both from the creative/booking end and the media end. The scheduling conflicts are something I was told about from ppl on both sides of that, but neither knew for sure that he had started filming or that the filming conflict was on the front end or the back end. In theory, they could of been concerned he wouldnt make it back to London in time to shoot and therefore, the beard could be shaved before that. Like I said earlier, the earlier London trip could of been for costume fittings.

Or he has started shooting at this is his look for Ep 7.

Regardless, he's been curiously quiet today at UO's media preview. All of the other Potter guests have been spotted numerous times- this photo I shared earlier of Domhnall is all i can get right now. The rest I have upwards for 20 of.

He will walk a red carpet of sorts at 7pm EST, so we will be seeing more of him.

7. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I don`t remember Bill Weasley having a beard! :D
    It might have been a doppelgänger... ;)

8. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Thanks. Keep us up to date.

9. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I have to agree with those who are worried about Gleeson not being relevant in the story, or not being a Skywalker. There are strong reasons not to be believe he is playing Luke son. The first one is that he was billed almost last on the cast reveal. And the second one is that if Boyega and Ridley are Jedis, having a third Jedi in the trio of leads would be weird. Or at least I think it would be less likely than having a third memeber more in the guise of Han Solo, which is what has been reported about Oscar Isaac, who is billed 4th in the cast announcement.

The reasons to believe he is a Skywalker is that he was so close to Hamill in the table read, and that he has the looks of Ben Skywalker in the EU. Not to mention the order of the cast reveal could be different to the one on the movie.

Regarding the beard, if he has not started filming, he could shave it from one day to another. His hairstyle, however, is pure Mark Hamill in ANH.

10. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Actually his hair style is closer to that of Luke's in ROTJ than it is to his ANH hair style, just by the way it is combed.

Hopefully he is asked on the red carpet tonight if he will have the beard in the movie.

11. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014

Yep, really, I think if Lucasfilm does not allow him to say if he will feature a beard or not in the movie it will be clearly excesive. Even Mark Hamill could answer that question without any problem.

T-R- and Luukeskywalker like this.
  12. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Yeah, right now, I'm leaning more towards Oscar being the third member of the new trio for all the reasons you stated. Domhnall could still be Luke's son, I suppose, but just not part of the new trio. Or he could be someone else entirely. If he does have a beard for the film, it does age him a bit and makes it harder to buy him as the 20-something son of Luke. The beard does make me think Jedi though - so maybe he is just some student of Luke's.

13. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Agreed on the Luke's son points. not sure I am entirely convinced that Oscar Isaac is third member of the trio though. He is almost 40.

14. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Domhnall Gleeson is not Luke's son.

15. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    He's only 35, which is one year younger than Harrison Ford was for ANH. So I don't think age disqualifies Isaac from being part of the new trio. Both Domhnall and Oscar could play younger if needed.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    How can he not be relevant to the story, if he is one of the first cast members announced and was at the reading?! Everyone sitting there will be relevant to the story somehow.

Unless he was there for decoration.

17. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Source?

18. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Yes....I think that when Disney said a new "young trio of leads", they meant that the new trio would not be Luke, Han or Leia.

So trio of new young leads doesn't mean that the actors must be very young.

In that case, Isaac OR Gleeson could be part of that trio.

thisguyisnotajedi likes this.
  19. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Nah, he is 35, which is only very slightly older than Ford in ANH. I still don't buy that Isaac is playing a "Han Solo" type of character. It would be a terrible retread of doing a cynical rogue.

I think Isaac is playing some sort of military type...

As far as Gleeson, I still think he is your third lead. But then again, I've been thinking for a bit of time that your potential Skywalker male was not the central character. That he would fit more as a tertiary lead. I've been playing with that ever since Ryan Gosling was rumored. That was enforced with Speelers, and Jesse Plemons. That character seems to be ranging between late 20's to early 30's.

So, Gleeson having a beard doesn't really change anything. That character seems to be a full fledge adult.

Revanfan1 and ForgottennJedi1986 like this.
  20. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I want him to be Luke's son, I HOPE he is, but I can understand why people are having doubts. I'm starting to have them too. At the moment I'm just confused to hell over the third member of the trio. I just don't see how someone as important as Luke's son wouldn't be in the lead group, that doesn't make sense to me. But I also don't see 3 Jedi being the leads, and surely Luke's son WOULD be a Jedi, right? Maybe not, I don't know.

Adi_Gallia_9 and Luukeskywalker like this.
  21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Like I said, I still think there's a possibility that he may end up as Luke's son, but I'm having more and more doubts about that, especially with that new photo (he doesn't really strike me as a Skywalker). Although, wasn't there a rumor early on that mentioned that we wouldn't know who the main character was until we've seen the film? If true, that would make sense if Domhnall doesn't have a lot of screen-time at first, but is still Luke's son.

As for Oscar being the third member of the trio – I agree, I believe that as well.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Claire1976 like this.
  22. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Well, maybe your central hero in this story doesn't inherent their hero status but earns it?

I mean there is a possibility that the offspring of Luke/Han/Leia are not either likable or even heroic starting out....

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  23. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Assuming that Kasdan and JJ have kept George's character names and their importance to the story as George had in his treatment when he sold the company, it's simply hard for me to imagine a story he wrote without Luke having an offspring who is a central character. I just know the way Lucas thinks in those terms when it comes to Star Wars. He loves to tell stories of a family that passes from one generation to the next of fathers and sons, etc.

If there is no offspring of Luke, either George pulled something out of left field on us, or the new team has changed things.

T-R- and ForgottennJedi1986 like this.
  24. Obill-Wan Cuppobi

Obill-Wan Cuppobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2014

Though I don't want a Kenobi descendent, he could pass for one in this clip. At least that's what I think.

25. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Sorry Luukeskywalker but nobody can say "I just know the way Lucas thinks"...

From everything we have heard.....Episodes 7-8-9 were to be "something out of left field"........and with JJ....all bets are off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.