main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Don Post helmets?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Verdaera, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verdaera

Verdaera Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    I've been searching for a Don Post Bob Fett helmet for some time and cannot seem to find one. Is there a site that sells these all the time, or is this the kind of thing I have to stalk ebay for?

Any help would be approeciated! I really want to do a set of FemmeFett armor!

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    The Don Post molds were acquired by Rubies.

If you can't find the DP version then try a search for Rubies.

Again with anything Fett related you should check out The Dented Helmet. I'm sure people there can direct you to the best bargains and best sources.

3. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    *Sigh* If only I could find a good Fett bucket. Oh, whoops! Did I think out loud again?

4. ATATPILOT77

ATATPILOT77 Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    www.thedentedhelmet.com has a lot of good Fett helmets.

5. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    I'm not allowed to order stuff online.

6. Verdaera

Verdaera Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    Hmm, I looked there and it just looked like a resource to me, I didn't see any sites you could actually buy helmets from, just people who said Don Post were the helmets they used.

I'll keep looking... I'm tempted to go to the TrekkieCon here just to shop, they usually have a helmet floating around the vendors room, but they keep upping the admission, and it's $40 this year :p *sigh* silly trekkies...

7. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Have you tried http://www.starwarshelmets.com ? They have a lot of info, but I don't know if you can actually buy from them.

8. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Halloween's comin' the stores they set up for the holiday should have them out. If not http://www.thingsyouneverknew.com/website/store/cat_search.asp?UID=2006052618172467&keyword=JHAL&cat%5Fkeyword=JHAL&search%5Fpage%5Fno=29

9. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Oh I hope I can get my hands on a good Jango bucket and work from there.[face_praying]

10. mr_Goodbomb

mr_Goodbomb Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    The low-end DP and Rubies Boba Fett is pretty bad. The T-Visor isn't even one solid piece of plastic, it's just transparent where the eyes are behind, and the bottom part of the T is just built into the rest of the helmet.

I'd look for an ABS helmet kit, or one of the higher-end models. Ask around on the forums at thedentedhelmet. You'll learn a lot.

11. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    But I can't get anything online, I'm not allowed to. Trust me, when I first joined here I tried to get a helmet from somebody but my parents wouldn't let me. That's why I'm stuck with the cheap stuff. Can't wait till I have a car, a job, and an apartment of my own!

12. mr_Goodbomb

Apr 20, 2006
    Some parents...

I started using Ebay when I was 13. They didn't like it, but they asked around, read up on it, and found out it was fairly safe if you bought and sold using the right methods (PayPal using a checking account, not debit, cash, or money orders, and get all the contacts first). Now, years later, I've got them buying just as much stuff as I do.

I wouldn't waste your cash on a low-end Don Post or Rubies. Save up your cash and read up on what's good and what's not. Then when your old enough or your parents lose their stigma, buy what's right for you.

13. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003

I know your pain; my parents used to feel the same way when I was younger.
    But on The Dented Helmet, there's a tutorial to actually make a Boba/Jango helmet from scratch. It comes out beautiful if you follow the directions closely.

14. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    But the problem with that is I'm trying to make a Boba and a Jango for C4, along with some other stuff... which means I don't have all the time in the world to work on it. *Sigh* I guess I'll stick to my original idea of Grievous and a Magna Guard. The only problem is that I don't know where to begin with the bodyguard. Maybe I'll start a thread on it.

15. mr_Goodbomb

Apr 20, 2006
    C4 isn't for another year, man. Get it together and get started!

If you think the helmet for Fett is your biggest problem, being unable to order stuff offline, then you've got an easy road ahead.

16. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Really? I also need an E-3. I can make everything else, but it'll look cheap and homemade since I'm only 15 and can do only so much. So far no one's said anything in my Magna Guard thread.[face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.