main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Don?t Forgive, Don?t Forget * Jinn is back(09/04/11)* (young Obi-Wan,Dooku,Qui-Gon, drama, angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthCorsa, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmbassadorKosh

AmbassadorKosh Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2011
    Darth Corsa,

Nice update!@};- An unusual story, I'd like to see what will be the next. A PM? I suppose I don't mind.

2. Tevase2

Tevase2 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    You have me hooked on this story, post really soon

3. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    obimom, Sorry, but it's rather different AU. Obi-Wan will not return to Qui-Gon.[face_tired]

AmbassadorKosh, thanks!:D

Tevase2, welcome to the thread!:) We tried to post soon. Besides, your Master was reading my another story and we haven't seen him for a while. Pass him our regards.

A/N: Of course, the beginning belongs to J. Watson

Chapter 8

Obi-Wan touched the electro-collar around his neck. ?I have the transmitter,? he said. ?I can reactivate it. If I push myself up against the door, the explosion should open it. You might have time to evacuate the mine.?

?But you?ll never survive the blast!? Qui-Gon exclaimed.

Obi-Wan reached into his tunic for the transmitter. ?Stand as far back as you can,? he instructed Qui-Gon.

?No, Padawan. There has to be another way.?

?There is no other way, and you know it,? Obi-Wan said steadily. ?Now stand back.?

Kenobi touched the collar; there was the sound of explosion?

Then, he woke up and found himself tangled in the sheets and sweating. What a stupid dream! That was long ago, anyway. And the sound was strange. Obviously, someone went out of their shared quarters and heavily slammed the door. Dooku would never do it in such a rude way. So, there had been a guest, perhaps. Obi-Wan noticed a strip of light coming under the door. So, Master was still in the common room. Maybe, it?s not politely to disturb him now, but suddenly Kenobi became very curious. Anyway, Dooku wouldn?t kill him because of curiosity. Or would he? Yawning, Kenobi gingerly half-opened the door.

Dooku was standing, facing the front door and Obi-Wan couldn?t see his face. If only it could help?there always was no emotion upon it. But Padawan sensed that his Master was strained.

?Sorry, it was Qui-Gon.? The elder Jedi said, not turning to his Apprentice. It was unusual for him to apologize. Had he forgotten about it? Also, there was something elusive in Dooku?s voice. Was he? addled? Obi-Wan could never imagine him like this! What?s happened?

?Master? Are you alright?? Kenobi asked carefully, and then he realized how stupidly the question sounded. Now he would get a scolding ?

But the answer surprised him even more:

?I don?t suppose so, Padawan. Anyway I can do nothing about it.? Dooku finally turned to face his Apprentice; he seemed to be sad. ?You?d better go back to sleep.?

?No.? Obi-Wan answered firmly; suddenly even for himself. Had Qui-Gon done something wrong? Or said something that had hurt Dooku? Wait for a moment? Could anything hurt the severe Jedi Master at all? It should be really awful news!

?Well? I think you?ll know sooner or later anyway. But please, put something on you, it?s really cold here and I don?t need an ill Padawan.?

Now it sounded more like Dooku?to consider his Apprentice as a pathetic life form.

~~~~~~~

When Obi-Wan returned to the common room again, Dooku was sitting in his favorite armchair, staring at the wall. Mari was lying not at his side, but on the floor, what was rather unusual. There were two cups of tea on the low table; the Jedi nodded to Obi-Wan, indicating that he should take one of them.

?As you can understand, Qui-Gon has returned.? Dooku started in the dull voice.

?Yes,? Obi-Wan was carefully sipping the aromatic liquid, it was too hot to his taste. Then he mentally slapped himself: Master Jinn had been chasing his previous Apprentice, Xanatos! So, had he found him? Or the Council just had made him return?

?No, in fact, he has met him,? Dooku said, noticing the unspoken question in Obi-Wan?s eyes.

?And?? Kenobi asked with bated breath. There were a few options: to continue Xanatos? training, if he was feeling remorse, or to carry him before justice as he obviously had been a criminal. Obi-Wan himself had no doubts about the latter.

?No and no,? Dooku answered. Obi-Wan frowned: the mental shields slipped again!

?Your face is easy to read,? the elder Jedi explained. ?And Xanatos? He chose the third option. He preferred to kill himself in the pool of acid.?

?Is it so bad? Why?s Mast

4. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Hmmm, interesting AU....

and did Xanatos die in the pits? or did he, as Dooku wonders, find a "back door". Interesting.

5. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Brilliant chapter, cant wait to see how this ends up, i'll send my master your regards :D

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I hope Obi-Wan and Dooku are a good team I didn't like how Qui-Gon treated Obi-Wan and I'm glad that Obi-Wan has a master

Great to see you update this.=D=

7. AmbassadorKosh

Apr 24, 2011
    Intriguing...
    I have a question: will you be going through the prequel movies?

8. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    What do you know, I found another good story by you. And I reviewed both of them within a couple days of each other. Great story (though the borderline darkside Qui-Gon is taking some getting used to). I hope you update soon, and now that I have access to a computer I should be able to review more often.

9. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    A/N

Well, we?re not planning to reveal this secret right now. He can actually be dead, too.;)

Tevase2, you?re welcome! Thanks!

Gkilkenny
    But does Qui-Gon sure about this?[face_thinking]

AmbassadorKosh

At least, we?re planning to.

Skywalker_T-65
    Greetings! Now we have both Master and Padawan in this thread.[face_peace]

though the borderline darkside Qui-Gon is taking some getting used to

I guess you just haven?t seen our early stories...[face_whistling]
    Anyway, thanks for reading. Hope you?ll like the update.

Also, my co-author and I are proud to say that this story has some nominations in ?Before the Saga? this year. Thanks to everybody, who had chosen it.

Chapter 9.1

For the next day Dooku was his usual self: strict and obsessed with discipline. And for the next week. And for the next year. That episode with Xanatos seemed like a strange dream: the Jedi had never said about it anything else and always controlled the emotions.

Obi-Wan with a blindfold upon his eyes turned round in the swift precise movement, still holding the ignited lightsaber in his right hand. He had been performing katas for about an hour, alone: Dooku had some business right now, but promised that he would come back to spar later.

Suddenly the blue blade crossed with someone else?s lightsaber. Obi-Wan sensed that a man raised strong mental shields, so he couldn?t identify him. Dooku wouldn?t do that. Maybe, it was one of the Masters? Or another Padawan? Anyway, it was like some kind of a game. Obi-Wan (still with a blindfold) parried the attacks and took offensive actions. Fifteen minutes later Obi-Wan began to realize that he was tired and his opponent was much more experienced. Kenobi gathered all his strength for the final blow, raised the lightsaber? and got pushed on the mat with opponent?s weapon near his neck.

?Deathblow,? the opponent commented.

Obi-Wan frowned as he was taking the blindfold off.

?That wasn?t fair, Master Jinn,? he said, offended.

?Come on, Obi-Wan, I wanted to see you abilities. And what would be the best moment if not this one?? Qui-Gon offered him a hand and helped to stand up.

?And do you like them?? Kenobi asked curiously. He had not seen the Jedi Master for about three months: they just couldn?t manage to be in the Temple at the same time, both Dooku with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had been assigned to the different missions.

?You?ll be a good swordsman, I?m sure. Dooku did a good job in training you? He?s a professional. Besides, how are you?? Jinn asked casually.

?Fine, thanks.? Obi-Wan replied, smiling. He clipped the lightsaber to his belt and stretched himself.

?I mean, really, Obi-Wan. Not what you tell the Council out of politeness. I know Dooku as a rather severe Master? And I don?t think that his temper has improved mush since my own Apprenticeship.?

Obi-Wan attentively and suspiciously looked at Qui-Gon: the Jedi seemed to be sincere.

?Actually, I don?t ? ?

?Greetings, Qui-Gon.? Dooku came into the gym and put the heavy cloak on the narrow bench near the wall. ?Never expected to meet you here. What are you doing, by the way? Offending my Padawan, huh?? he smirked.

?I sparred with him. I can see a hint of your style. Impressive,? Qui-Gon replied, folding his hands.

?But you?ve won!? Obi-Wan interrupted, frowning.

Dooku approached Kenobi, stared at him for some moments, nodded and asked: ?How was the training session??

?I?ve done all katas, Master.?

?Good. I suppose you can go to our quarters, Padawan. As I see, there?s enough sparring for you today,? Dooku added, noticing Obi-Wan?s sour look. ?Don?t forget to feed Mari, please.?

?Yes, Master.? Obi-Wan bowed to Jinn and went away.

?So, what do you want, Qui-Gon?? Dooku asked when they were left alone.

?What do you mean?? Jinn asked suspiciously.

?I mean that we haven?t spoken for some months and you have never been really interested in your former Padawan progress. So?? Dooku raised the eyebrow, ex

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah you've got both of us now. Hmm... now you've got me wondering if Qui-Gon does want him back. Looking forward to the next part of the chapter.

11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I'm wondering what Qui-gon is up to also.

Interesting chapter - looking forward to more.

12. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    It seems you've sucked both of us into this story, well done by the way, it seems that Jinn is up to something [face_thinking]. i wonder what he's playing at [face_shame_on_you]

Cant wait for the next post,
    im looking forward to it thats for sure =D=

13. AmbassadorKosh

Apr 24, 2011
    Intriguing update.

Will you give Obi-Wan back to Qui-Gon?

14. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    A/N:
    Skywalker_T-65 and Tevase2, obimom,AmbassadorKosh ,

You're all welcome![:D]

Besides, I and Darth Manul have won Most Underrated nom in the Before Saga category. Congrats, co-author!;)

Chapter 9.2

When Dooku returned to his quarters, Obi-Wan was meditating. Mari was lying on the floor and looking at him. Dooku thought that the lizard would never understand why humans knelt on the floor every day and sat motionless with their eyes closed for some hours.

Obi-Wan slightly frowned, acknowledging Master?s presence, but didn?t move or open his eyes. Dooku made himself a cup of tea and sat in the armchair, waiting. It was the late evening and the last sun lights colored the room into the lovely shades of red.

?You are curious, Padawan,? Dooku said in some minutes.

Obi-Wan discontentedly opened one eye and stared at the Jedi.

?Did you sense it in the Force?? he asked curiously, yawning.

?Just a blind guess?it?s obvious.? Dooku shrugged. ?In fact, there is definitely something to discuss.?
    Kenobi shook his head and sat himself more comfortably.

?This is about Master Jinn,? he stated. ?He asked about how do I do? strange, considering we didn?t talk much.?

?That?s because he wanted to take you back,? Dooku explained.

?A good joke! Wait, am I punished?! I?ve done nothing wrong? well, not considering the last test, I suppose,? Obi-Wan added thoughtfully.

?What test?? Dooku asked, narrowing his eyes. He didn?t control Padawan?s studies, but helped if he was asked. ?And Qui-Gon was deadly serious. Sometimes I think Qui-Gon has a hobby?collecting Padawans. As you see, his plan to bring Xanatos back in the Temple failed. The Dark Jedi preferred to kill himself rather than to stay with Qui-Gon. Of course, it was an accident and not the lack of someone?s pedagogical abilities. Anyway, I certainly hope he?s really dead. If I ever find him alive, I?ll fix this.?

?Master Jinn was fond of him. He had said that I?d never be as good Jedi as Xanatos was,? Obi-Wan added with a sigh.

?Had he meant a Jedi, who betrayed his Order?? Dooku raised the brow. ?Besides, about the good Jedi: have you fed Mari??

Obi-Wan nodded.

?I suppose you have already heard about Tahl?s death. She was the one person whom Qui-Gon could completely trust. And she was more than a friend,? Dooku added disapprovingly. ?We?re the Jedi. Attachment itself isn?t good or bad, but it?s dangerous for the both. Qui-Gon almost turned to the Dark Side. And you know what?s happened to my previous Apprentice.?
    Kenobi was silent.

?I guess, now he feels lonely. The plan to find Xanatos failed, Tahl is dead. Despite his affection to all life forms, he has very few close friends.?

?So, Master Jinn would like to take me back?? Obi-Wan asked dumbly. ?And what did you say to him? I don?t want?? the rest of the phrase trailed off.

?Come on, Obi-Wan!? Dooku hemmed. ?You tried so hard to be his Apprentice. You?ve been dreaming of coming back for some months. Well? you even tried to leave the Order, when Jinn displayed no enthusiasm in bringing you back.?
    ?That was a mistake.? Kenobi replied, frowning.

?Think about the chance of being great Qui-Gon?s Padawan!? Dooku continued. ?Brook would die for this.?

?I?I will miss Mari!?

The lizard cocked her head, indicating that she was listening.

?And I still think it?s a great chance to learn,? the older Jedi said, grinning.

?What have you said?? Obi-Wan asked miserably.

?I told him that if you would like to return, you?re free to leave at any moment. Otherwise?? Dooku shook his hand and stood up. ?Besides, you?re good at making tea and care about Mari. It?s shame to lose such a gifted Padawan.?

15. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    So he did want him back. And Obi-Wan doesn't want to go back hmm... that could be interesting come Naboo. Though I suppose I just have to wait and see.

16. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    He won't go back too jinn will he :eek: I dont want him to go back [face_not_talking]
    Write more soon please, this is brilliant :D

17. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Dooku would be a better master and Obi-Wan would keep him from going dark.
    Leave that to Qui-Gon let him follow palpy.:cool:

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    So Obi-Wan has a choice, stay with Dooku or go back to Qui-Gon...hmmm...and now he's not sure he wants to go back, he's settled and seems pretty content to be Dooku's Padawan...wonder what he will choose. And I agree, that will make it interesting for future events. (Tahl's death...I'm trying to remember how old Obi-Wan was when that happened...15 or 16?) Hmmm...[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.