main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

?Don?t you call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease!? - Namecalling in the GFFA

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by nadenaberrie, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadenaberrie

nadenaberrie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    We all have our favorite Star Wars insults? those wonderful GFFA terms that will bring an empty glaze to any non-SW fan?s eyes. Whether it?s Artoo and Threepio, Han and Leia, Luke and Mara, or any other bantering duo from that galaxy far, far away, there?s bound to be some delicious (and hysterical!) mudslinging, name-calling, put-downing going on.

We all know that it?s important to avoid using earth phrases in fanfic. Never mind the fact that Panaka uses the phrase ?sitting ducks? in TPM. *shifty eyes* Many, many moons ago, when I was writing one of my first fics, I had the most terrible time coming up with a replacement word for ?chicken,? as chickens don?t exist in the GFFA. ?Scaredy cat? didn?t exactly work either... I was stuck! Eventually, after a lot of hard thinking (rough for a middle schooler, which I was back then), and some help from an oldbie, I came up with ?scaredy shaak.? Boy, would it have saved a lot of brain power, though, if this thread existed before...

So, to help with those verbal battles between your favorite Star Wars characters, here?s a thread of good ol? Star Wars insults. These can be from any of the movies or EU, or any that you made up on your own.

To get us started, who can forget:

* ?Why you stuck-up ... half-witted ... scruffy-looking ... NERFHERDER!?
    * ?Don?t you call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease!?
    * ?You?ll be malfunctioning within a day, you nearsighted scrap pile!?
    * ?Will somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way??
    * ?I?m backwards, you flea-bitten fur ball!?

(They don?t have to be complete sentences? just a list would be fine. :) )

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Sorry, that's driving me buggy....:p

3. nadenaberrie

Sep 12, 2004
    LOL... sorry, copied and pasted it, didn't even look...

*fixes*

4. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Can't forget laser-brains. :D

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    And the infamous "Laugh it up, fuzzball." :D

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Only an overgrown mophead like you would be stupid enough to...

7. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Great thread idea. :) I know I'll certainly be able to use it.

It's not canon, but the insult I use most often is to call someone a "bucket of Hutt drool." If they're really ticked off, I'll make it a "leaking bucket."

I think my favorite is "Force-forsaken." I blatantly stole that one from MJS (with his permission ;) ). I tend to use that one more as an adjective for inanimate objects when someone is frustrated with them, though.

-Thumper

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I like "bantha brain." [face_laugh]

Don't forget insults to ships! :p "Bucket of bolts" is a good one.

9. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    "No, I don't like you either."

lol, that one always gets me.

"Where'd ya dig up that old fossil anyway?" .... "Great at getting us into trouble."

Of course.... I love when Obi-Wan says "Don't be a brat, Anakin" at the beginning of Episode II... Oh, hold on a second, someone is tapping my shoulder...

The person tapping me on my shoulder has informed me that Obi-Wan never called Anakin a brat.

(But I could swear he did...)

10. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    In KotOR I the term 'labotomized Gammorean' comes up, and I think that's just cool :p

11. nadenaberrie

Sep 12, 2004
    LOL! [face_laugh] These are great, guys!

12. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Insults, a subject near and dear to my heart. :p My characters are always slinging them, but most are situational. I?ll see if I can dig up some notable ones?

Here?s a brief clip from my fic Galaxy Noir III?

?Third, the motives of a nutcase are a difficult thing to find. It?s still up in the air why you do anything.?

Remy?s grin widened. ?Meih, other than the fact that I would have utilized self-depreciating humor in this instance, I?ve rubbed of on you more than you know.?

She grimaced. ?Don?t say that. I love you, brother, but don?t ever say that again, not even in jest.?

Remy clutched his hands around an invisible dagger in his chest. ?A wounding blow, Meih. A wounding blow.?

?Try to keep your emotional blood to yourself,? Jav requested.

?Oh I see!? Remy exclaimed. ?I know when I?m not wanted! And that?s why I?m never leaving! Suffer my presence, Jav. Suffer!?

?Believe me, I do.?

Ship insults:
    ?Did you buy this before or after it was hit by a Death Star??
    ?I hope the Jawas gave you a good deal.?

Stormtrooper names:
    Target Practice School dropouts
    Maroons with little to no peripheral vision

Facial hair insults:
    ?How long have you been going to Pirate School? If that goatee is your final, it?s gonna wreck your grade.?
    ?What?s that? Oh, apparently the sight of your goatee sent that Trandoshan into a rage at the misuse of pretentious facial hair. I hear the Empire?s working on a new kind of laser to take that thing off your face from a hundred meters.?

I could go on forever with bits of back-and-forth, but I?ll stop myself.

13. DarthNightfire

DarthNightfire Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    What happened to: Imperial Slugs, Imperial dorks, Rebel Scum, worms, and scrap metal?

14. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I remember that in one of the Jedi Quest books Siri tells Obi-Wan "not be such a stick in the swamp".

15. nadenaberrie

Sep 12, 2004
    Thought of two more classics. :D

"Threepio, you tell that slimy piece of worm-ridden filth, he'll get no such pleasure from us!"

"Why you slimy, double-crossing, no good swindler..."

Evidently, "slimy" is the insult of choice whenever Han is involved. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.